How Fox News works

retread

It’s spreading.....

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/18/opinion/barr-media-trump.html#click=https://t.co/A0kRvzJQo8

Barr Is Right About Everything. Admit You Were Wrong.

After Trump’s vindication, the liberal media and its allies in government should face a reckoning. I’m not holding my breath.

The American political and media elites that spent the first two years of the Trump administration promoting the Russian collusion hoax have some explaining to do. And not merely explaining: They owe the president an apology.

As Attorney General William Barr said on Thursday before releasing the Mueller report, “After nearly two years of investigation, thousands of subpoenas, and hundreds of warrants and witness interviews, the special counsel confirmed that the Russian government sponsored efforts to illegally interfere with the 2016 presidential election but did not find that the Trump campaign or other Americans colluded in those schemes.”

And yet nearly the entire complex of elite media was actively complicit in promoting the biggest political conspiracy theory in American history: that Hillary Clinton lost the election because Donald Trump conspired with Vladimir Putin to — well, that was always a moving target — but to somehow deprive Mrs. Clinton of victory. What we now know definitively is that Robert Mueller, the special counsel, and a team of very accomplished, mostly Clinton-supporting, prosecutors were unable to find evidence of a conspiracy that had been taken as an article of faith by Trump haters. 

Journalists don’t like being called “fake news,” but too many of them uncritically accepted the Trump-Russia narrative, probably because of their strong distaste for Mr. Trump himself. But that lack of objectivity represents a major professional failure, and it’s Exhibit A in why Mr. Trump’s taunt resonates with so many Americans. Gallup polling shows that for 69 percent of Americans, trust in the media has fallen over the last decade. Among Republicans, it’s 94 percent; for independents, it’s 75 percent and for moderates it’s 66. Only among self-identified liberals and progressives does a majority continue to trust the media. They like what they hear.

article continued at the link.....

Edited by ChickenSandwich

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

It’s spreading.....

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/18/opinion/barr-media-trump.html#click=https://t.co/A0kRvzJQo8

Barr Is Right About Everything. Admit You Were Wrong.

After Trump’s vindication, the liberal media and its allies in government should face a reckoning. I’m not holding my breath.

The American political and media elites that spent the first two years of the Trump administration promoting the Russian collusion hoax have some explaining to do. And not merely explaining: They owe the president an apology.

As Attorney General William Barr said on Thursday before releasing the Mueller report, “After nearly two years of investigation, thousands of subpoenas, and hundreds of warrants and witness interviews, the special counsel confirmed that the Russian government sponsored efforts to illegally interfere with the 2016 presidential election but did not find that the Trump campaign or other Americans colluded in those schemes.”

And yet nearly the entire complex of elite media was actively complicit in promoting the biggest political conspiracy theory in American history: that Hillary Clinton lost the election because Donald Trump conspired with Vladimir Putin to — well, that was always a moving target — but to somehow deprive Mrs. Clinton of victory. What we now know definitively is that Robert Mueller, the special counsel, and a team of very accomplished, mostly Clinton-supporting, prosecutors were unable to find evidence of a conspiracy that had been taken as an article of faith by Trump haters. 

Journalists don’t like being called “fake news,” but too many of them uncritically accepted the Trump-Russia narrative, probably because of their strong distaste for Mr. Trump himself. But that lack of objectivity represents a major professional failure, and it’s Exhibit A in why Mr. Trump’s taunt resonates with so many Americans. Gallup polling shows that for 69 percent of Americans, trust in the media has fallen over the last decade. Among Republicans, it’s 94 percent; for independents, it’s 75 percent and for moderates it’s 66. Only among self-identified liberals and progressives does a majority continue to trust the media. They like what they hear.

article continued at the link.....

You should subscribe to NYT to continue to get this fine journalism. 

2 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

I do. I’m sorry if the poors are denied access. I can have the transcript mailed to you if need be. 

A conservative, right wing author wrote an opinion piece for the NYT of which he's a contributor of.... right wing, conservative opinions.  What's your point?

We were at my folks' yesterday for Easter and my Dad went on a 5 minute rant about the "worldwide war on Christianity."  In my 38+ years I've never seen my Dad in a church, I've never heard him mention a single word about religion and I've never seen a Bible in their house.  The FOX brainwashing is very real.

• Like 1

"the evidence is accumulating mightily" to support Pastor Robert Jeffress' claim that "God sent this president"

Hmmmm.  I mean, it's worth considering.....

Egypt suffered extreme devastation because of the 10 plagues. There was not much left in Egypt after the plagues and the parting of the Red Sea. The Egyptians had lost their army, crops, cattle and even their firstborn sons. Note: the 10 plagues can be found in the Bible from Exodus 7:14 to Exodus 12:36.

List of the ten plagues

1. Blood
  2. Frogs
  3. Lice or gnats
  4. Flies
  5. Livestock
  6. Boils
  7. Hail
  8. Locust
  9. Darkness
  10. Death of firstborn

New era, new plagues.  I'm keeping an open mind - these fellas might be on to something.

26 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Rupert Murdoch is a smart man. Tucker’s ratings have been through the roof.  He has loyal viewers and supporters like me. We have seen what his sons have done at the WSJ in the massive backlash against their new commenting policy. They want our money but to silence the rage we feel

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

21 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I’m telling ya, there’s no way icono is a real person not acting out a trolling bit. It’s just too over the top ridiculous. 

That’s the scary part.  That is how a flesh and blood trumpkin behaves. 

24 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I’m telling ya, there’s no way icono is a real person not acting out a trolling bit. It’s just too over the top ridiculous. 

i would believe you if the dude didn't have a lengthy history on this board and the last acting exactly like the selfish, self-righteous piece of human trash that he is.

2 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Rupert Murdoch is a smart man. Tucker’s ratings have been through the roof.  He has loyal viewers and supporters like me. We have seen what his sons have done at the WSJ in the massive backlash against their new commenting policy. They want our money but to silence the rage we feel

Please to tell us more about this rage and its source

10 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

That’s the scary part.  That is how a flesh and blood trumpkin behaves. 

Yeah I know. But I know many many trumpkins, including my own Dad. But this icono guy is just on a whole other level of shittiness that most of the trumpkins I know wouldn’t even touch. 

I guess it’s possible he really is that big of a piece of shit and not putting on an act. I guess we’ll never really know. Sigh...

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

Yeah I know. But I know many many trumpkins, including my own Dad. But this icono guy is just on a whole other level of shittiness that most of the trumpkins I know wouldn’t even touch. 

I guess it’s possible he really is that big of a piece of shit and not putting on an act. I guess we’ll never really know. Sigh...

Icono says what the rest of them are thinking.  I think he's quite valuable to have around here.  If you want to know what's in the heart of a Trumpkin, there it is, right in front of you.

Just now, JimmyJames said:

hayden and the rest of the cabal never liked me. Even when I voted for Kerry and Obama. He was a gigantic asshole to me back on hornfans when I was one of the handful to rail against the bullshit Iraq War. There is a reason why I have the handle that I have.

hayden and the rest of the cabal never liked me. Even when I voted for Kerry and Obama. He was a gigantic asshole to me back on hornfans when I was one of the handful to rail against the bullshit Iraq War. There is a reason why I have the handle that I have.

I think it’s more that you’re just a fucking asshole.
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

So you’ve been a contrarian troll bit for decades now? Interesting. 

They boycotted Twitter over some nonsense about the “silencing of conservative voices”.

By going silent.

But Dotard has stepped into the breach for them by regularly promoting their shows and hosts on pretty much a daily basis.

• Like 1