2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

That trying for the cycle was some selfish ass bullshit

They didn’t have a good shot of Pettis the entire play but just as chirinos started his slide it looked like he still had his hands up for the stop sign as a form of “what the fuck are doing “ protest. Otherwise he would have been waving his arms towards home plate to get chirinos to slide to the inside of the bag with the throw coming in on the outside (not that it mattered. Doesn’t matter where you slide when the throw beats you by 3 steps.)

6 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

What a shitty loss. Verlander needs to chew out Tuve and Chirinos for that shit. 

Does that mean the Astros hitters should have chewed him out for his 4 earned runs two starts ago? 

Edited by rvm96

27 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

Does that mean the Astros hitters should have chewed him out for his 4 earned runs two starts ago? 

Apples and oranges. Stupid baserunning is not the same as a bad outing. The equivalent would be if I advocated JV chewing someone out after a golden sombrero, which I wouldn’t. 

I know he wants to pitch well into his 40s, but it ain't gonna be here with half his starts at mmp.

Move back to the DOME.

He will if they bring back the old ball.

And I’m not putting it past him to re-invent himself to pitch more like Greinke if he cant maintain high 90s for a few more years

It’s hard to pinpoint any one start where a guy wins or loses the cy young ...and say what you will about W-L records for SPs these days but 16-4 on August 21 looks a whole lot better than 15-5.

39 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

Apples and oranges. Stupid baserunning is not the same as a bad outing. The equivalent would be if I advocated JV chewing someone out after a golden sombrero, which I wouldn’t. 

I like the reasoning, but I will agree to disagree 

5 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

I like the reasoning, but I will agree to disagree 

I hope Altuve chewed out Aaron Sanchez for throwing to second the other night rather than taking the easy out at first. 

There’s your equivalent on the other side. 

Ah, who am I kidding? I hope not a bad word has been spoken in that clubhouse (other than being pissed they lost) and that DJ Springer is keeping the boys loose. 

10 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Hinch needs to get over himself and talk things out with Tucker. There is no reason for him to be in AAA while Reddick, Marisnick, and Straw waste ABs.

Is this a thing? I remember reading earlier in the season that there may have been some clubhouse tension with Tucker, but never saw anything substantive about it. 

I can't imagine it is something so big that it is impacting roster moves - right? 

1 minute ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Is this a thing? I remember reading earlier in the season that there may have been some clubhouse tension with Tucker, but never saw anything substantive about it. 

I can't imagine it is something so big that it is impacting roster moves - right? 

And if it's that big a deal, why didn't we seriously dangle the guy before the deadline? Not that we ended up having to...just asking. I'm inclined to think there's something else at work here, though I have no idea what. 

17 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

No word on the corresponding moves, but someone from the 40-man will have to go.

Have to think Deetz or Guduan will get DFA'd. I'd lean towards Guduan given his "behavioral issues."

Toro has very good hitting stats in minors the since the AFL last year. Interesting to see how he does, being a switch hitter is helpful as well. At least it means no more Mayfield starting.

Edited by HtownHorn