Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

Biden will get trucked closer to nomination time. He's a dinosaur and aint gonna change his stripes. If I have to, I will vote for the old fuck over Trump, but I don't have much concern that he will be the eventual democratic nominee. 

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If the progressive movement gets strong enough this cycle, Biden could be at their mercy.   Kinda like Trump is with his base.  I mean, we’ll still be screwed but the movement could hold significant influence.  Biden is a bender not a breaker. 

giphy.gif

As a sexist, misogynist Bernie Bro, I'm kind of attracted to his knee-jerk response to all female humans being, "Must turn them into a sexual object immediately"

"It's charming!" I scream as the world continues to drown and melt, and every other problem either holds steady or gets worse

19 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

As a sexist, misogynist Bernie Bro, I'm kind of attracted to his knee-jerk response to all female humans being, "Must turn them into a sexual object immediately"

"It's charming!" I scream as the world continues to drown and melt, and every other problem either holds steady or gets worse

is it possible for someone with this little self-awareness to become president?

24 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

is it possible for someone with this little self-awareness to become president?

[wetting thumb and flipping through multiple pages from notepad]  Oh, here it is!  Uh, yep!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

So here's the thing--there's no "with Trump gone."  At least not until he's dead.  And that'll take a few years and a few more cheeseburgers.  

But until then, it's not like he's going to adhere to past rules of decorum that have inhibited other former presidents.  It's not like he's going to put down the Twitter machine.  It's not like Republican voters will stop believing everything he says (no matter how stupid, racist, or immoral).  And it's not like Republican officeholders will stop being afraid of the Trumpkin masses that control their party.

So how's it going to be different with Trump "gone"?  How are Republicans going to act any differently?

And, in fact, aren't they going to act worse?  As it is now, they have to look like they're trying to accomplish something.  But with a Democrat in the White House, they can just focus on destruction.

And if Joe Biden doesn't understand that, then he has no business being anywhere near Washington, much less the White House.

And for the record, with the mindset that Joe Biden expressed, I guarantee you he would pardon Trump "for the good of the country."

In fact--that question needs to be asked during the debates.  Because I'm not voting for any fucker who would pardon Trump.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

And for the record, with the mindset that Joe Biden expressed, I guarantee you he would pardon Trump "for the good of the country."

In fact--that question needs to be asked during the debates.  Because I'm not voting for any fucker who would pardon Trump.

i don't really give a shit about who gives what answers, but this would be a fantastic narrative to create in the debates - if only someone would have the balls to ask the question.

"would you pardon donald trump" is just so perfect, because it already assumes he's guilty as fuck, and that's the type of thing that resonates with voters.

29 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I think I would literally barf if a Democrat running for president said they would pardon Trump. 

i don't like the idea of a candidate saying he would, but i absolutely love the idea of a democratic president actually doing it.

do you have any idea what that would do to trump's ego?  but by the grace of president biden/sanders/warren/harris/buttigieg i am able to stand here today a free man.  he may die of a shame-spiral heart attack later that day.

meanwhile, in the middle of speeches, the next president could repeatedly say, "we have honor and humility, just as i put partisan bickering aside, for the good of our country, i pardoned donald trump for his many hideous crimes, because that's what honorable people do."

i'm all about "fuck unity.  win the election, unite the country afterwards (or at least the 70% willing to unite)", but this would eat him up inside and would be great.

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

i don't like the idea of a candidate saying he would, but i absolutely love the idea of a democratic president actually doing it.

do you have any idea what that would do to trump's ego?  but by the grace of president biden/sanders/warren/harris/buttigieg i am able to stand here today a free man.  he may die of a shame-spiral heart attack later that day.

meanwhile, in the middle of speeches, the next president could repeatedly say, "we have honor and humility, just as i put partisan bickering aside, for the good of our country, i pardoned donald trump for his many hideous crimes, because that's what honorable people do."

i'm all about "fuck unity.  win the election, unite the country afterwards (or at least the 70% willing to unite)", but this would eat him up inside and would be great.

"SEE, I WAS INNOCENT. IT WAS A WITCH HUNT DESIGNED TO GET ME OUT OF OFFICE. ECONOMY WAS AMAZING UNDER MY PRESIDENCY." - precursor to the 2024 run after the Democrat gets pummeled with a Trump recession

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

"SEE, I WAS INNOCENT. IT WAS A WITCH HUNT DESIGNED TO GET ME OUT OF OFFICE. ECONOMY WAS AMAZING UNDER MY PRESIDENCY." - precursor to the 2024 run after the Democrat gets pummeled with a Trump recession

No, you see, he's going to grow a conscience and sense of self-awareness!

• Like 1

I have always been amazed by how bad Biden sucks at the basics in politics.

-- don't grope women and slide your hands up and down their backs (especially on television, you fuckin' dummy)

-- stop alluding to children in sexual contexts, groping them and talking about how attractive you find them

-- when you disagree with citizens don't point your finger in their face like an asshole (makes for a bad photograph)

• Haha 1

On 6/10/2019 at 11:14 PM, ChiTownDoc said:

You've outlined why he's a good bet against Trump.  The electorate as a whole is stupid.  They can't figure out all that shit you said...until that last line.  

Nice stupid old white guy > crass stupid old white guy

I find it very interesting that so many people are now calling him out for all the shit he did over the years like the Crime Bill, fighting against integration and the Hyde amendment. It's like he was never one crazy redneck away from POTUS for 8 years. If he was that bad why didn't someone warn Obama? Makes me want to vote for the man. Seriously. I love Crazy Ass Joe Biden.

3 hours ago, Chooky said:

-- don't grope women and slide your hands up and down their backs (especially on television, you fuckin' dummy)

-- stop alluding to children in sexual contexts, groping them and talking about how attractive you find them

-- when you disagree with citizens don't point your finger in their face like an asshole (makes for a bad photograph)

He believes he is complimenting and flattering females by telling them they are attractive. No amount of re-education is going to change his behavior after 70 years of doing it. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

I find it very interesting that so many people are now calling him out for all the shit he did over the years like the Crime Bill, fighting against integration and the Hyde amendment. It's like he was never one crazy redneck away from POTUS for 8 years. If he was that bad why didn't someone warn Obama? Makes me want to vote for the man. Seriously. I love Crazy Ass Joe Biden.

The VP is never vetted all that hard.  Pence would never sniff the WH running on his own.  Palin was a bigger joke than Trump - or so I thought.  

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

The VP is never vetted all that hard.  Pence would never sniff the WH running on his own.  Palin was a bigger joke than Trump - or so I thought.  

Plus Obama was a young healthy man. McCain could have died at any moment. 

Joe - Senate foreign relations chair - pretty qualified to take over if needed 

pence - former rep and then governor - pretty qualified to take over as needed 

palin - LOLOLOL

Edited by Js1

6 hours ago, Chooky said:

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He believes he is complimenting and flattering females by telling them they are attractive. No amount of re-education is going to change his behavior after 70 years of doing it. 

The former is my gut reaction. It is baffling and even funny in a wtf/shock value sort of way. But the latter is the simple truth. He is old as fuck. It is a generational thing. He doesn't think anything he is doing is inappropriate because he doesn't mean it that way and he came up with that stuff being thought of in a completely different context. I'm not defending him, for the record. But you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

If he wanted to be President, he should have run in 2016. Obama was very popular and Biden was well-liked by the American public as his VP. Every bit the natural successor Hillary was - less competent, for sure, but nowhere as much baggage with the electorate, fair or not. He would have won, though we'd be sitting here with 60 R seats in the Senate, a solid R house, state level D parties in disarray, and a foregone conclusion that we'd be welcoming a Republican president in January 2021. His 2020 run feels forced, opportunistic, and increasingly out of touch.

I don't think that can survive a Democratic primary electorate that sees an opportunity to advance the progressive agenda the likes of which hasn't presented itself since at least 2008, and I think the current moment eclipses that. I look forward to him becoming 2008 Hillary, which I think is a good comparison for where the campaign will go as the field narrows. Remember, he has near universal name recognition and 30-35 percent support. That means two thirds of voters are looking for something else. Once the party coalesces around a Sanders, Warren, whoever... I don't know that there is a true Biden base that can stand up to that.

Also, I really like the "Will you pardon Trump?" question.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, gmr548 said:

The former is my gut reaction. It is baffling and even funny in a wtf/shock value sort of way. But the latter is the simple truth. He is old as fuck. It is a generational thing. He doesn't think anything he is doing is inappropriate because he doesn't mean it that way and he came up with that stuff being thought of in a completely different context. I'm not defending him, for the record. But you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

If he wanted to be President, he should have run in 2016. Obama was very popular and Biden was well-liked by the American public as his VP. Every bit the natural successor Hillary was - less competent, for sure, but nowhere as much baggage with the electorate, fair or not. He would have won, though we'd be sitting here with 60 R seats in the Senate, a solid R house, state level D parties in disarray, and a foregone conclusion that we'd be welcoming a Republican president in January 2021. His 2020 run feels forced, opportunistic, and increasingly out of touch.

I don't think that can survive a Democratic primary electorate that sees an opportunity to advance the progressive agenda the likes of which hasn't presented itself since at least 2008, and I think the current moment eclipses that. I look forward to him becoming 2008 Hillary, which I think is a good comparison for where the campaign will go as the field narrows. Remember, he has near universal name recognition and 30-35 percent support. That means two thirds of voters are looking for something else. Once the party coalesces around a Sanders, Warren, whoever... I don't know that there is a true Biden base that can stand up to that.

Also, I really like the "Will you pardon Trump?" question.

This is a good take.

He missed his moment, badly.  I understand he was suffering internally from Beau dying and not in the headspace to run.  That legit sucks - no parent wants to outlive their kid.  But running for president is 100% about "the moment."  And the moment passes by quickly in presidential politics.  

We appear to be past the days of a high-name-recognition front runner with little enthusiasm being crowned the nominee.  Hillary 2016 (in the sense that Bernie really shocked her with the enthusiasm behind him), Jeb 2016... Biden is exactly the same.  Democrats want something to vote for and Biden doesn't bring much in that regard. 

Edited by Js1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

This is a good take.

He missed his moment, badly.  I understand he was suffering internally from Beau dying and not in the headspace to run.  That legit sucks - no parent wants to outlive their kid.  But running for president is 100% about "the moment."  And the moment passes by quickly in presidential politics.  

We appear to be past the days of a high-name-recognition front runner with little enthusiasm being crowned the nominee.  Hillary 2016, Jeb 2016... Biden is exactly the same.  Democrats want something to vote for and Biden doesn't bring much in that regard. 

Other than Mrs. Warren, none of them do.

2 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Nobody pays attention to it, but Bernie has been in the NRA’s back pocket for a long time.

Hopefully bad teammate doesn't see your post.

If he does, get ready for a 2000 word incomprehensible rebuke complete with pictures of him from the 60s showing how he was actually fighting against the NRA in the middle of taming the West and how he's the one and only candidate that can fix all that ails the good old US of A - by turning us into the good old U of SSR from the 80s.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Hopefully bad teammate doesn't see your post.

If he does, get ready for a 2000 word incomprehensible rebuke complete with pictures of him from the 60s showing how he was actually fighting against the NRA in the middle of taming the West and how he's the one and only candidate that can fix all that ails the good old US of A - by turning us into the good old U of SSR from the 80s.

Does it hurt to be this stupid?

Bernie isn't hugely anti-gun because Vermont is a primarily-rural state (either #1 or #2, along with Maine) and gun issues there are different than in dense urban areas.

If a Democratic Congress passed any gun legislation at all, he would sign it.

If you're actually worried about major gun control, Bernie's on your side.

If you're a concern troll, then have fun being disingenuous. :D

1 hour ago, Calihorn said:

You don't find it at least a little funny Bernie kept railing against those pesky millionaires...then when it came out he was a millionaire, he changed the language to 'billonaires'?  I like it because Bern and I are now on the same team.  Him and I are good...it's those damned billionaires we need to go after!  

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden