Stranger throws 5-year old child from the 3rd floor of Mall of America

clapclapclap

The child had to be given CPR before transporting to the hospital.

Every parent's nightmare.

http://www.startribune.com/dispatch-audio-man-threw-child-from-3rd-floor-balcony-at-mall-of-america/508496192/

A 24-year-old Twin Cities man is being held by Bloomington police on suspicion of attempted homicide after he threw or pushed a 5-year-old boy from a third-floor balcony at the Mall of America on Friday morning, police said.

Emmanuel Deshawn Aranda was arrested in the mall transit station after fleeing the scene of the child’s fall, Bloomington police said. Aranda’s residence was not immediately available.

The boy was taken by ambulance from the mall to Children’s Hospital in Minneapolis. No further information on his condition was available.

Tina Hailey of Burnsville was walking with her husband and had just rounded the corner on the mall’s first floor near Macy’s when she heard screams.

“Oh, my God.” Pray for my son,” she heard the mother yelled out.

The mother screamed uncontrollably and appeared to be in shock, Hailey said.

“She didn’t know what to do. Nobody was helping her,” she added.

Hailey, who has a 4-year-old grandson, said the screams and the sight of those working to resuscitate the boy likely stay with her for some time.

“I won’t forget it. It was horrific,” she said. “I hope he survived.”

Police don’t know why the child was launched over the railing, Bloomington Police Chief Jeff Potts said, adding that there doesn’t seem to be any connection between the victim, his family and Aranda. Potts said he didn’t know whether the victim’s family is from Minnesota or visiting from elsewhere.

Police were called to the mall at 10:17 a.m. for a report of a child falling over a railing, but witnesses indicated the child had been “pushed or thrown,” Potts said.

The child fell to the first floor, where several witnesses and passersby tried to perform CPR on him, Potts said. Initial accounts over emergency audio indicated that the child wasn’t breathing.

The suspect ran down to the first floor and “was located inside the mall,” Potts said. An older man tried to stop the suspect and was assaulted by him, witnesses told police.

Blue Line train service to the mall was suspended for about 45 minutes as police responded to the incident.

Small portions of the south court on the first and third floors remained cordoned off Friday afternoon as lab technicians processed the scene.

Potts said police are looking at security video from inside the mall to gather more information.

“At this point we believe this is an isolated incident,” he said. “We’re actively trying to figure out why this occurred.

“We don’t believe there is a threat to the public at this point.”

According to public records, Arranda has been convicted of trespassing, fifth-degree assault and interfering with a police officer, all misdemeanors. He also has a felony conviction for first-degree damage to property.

fe111fb0-7143-4937-ac65-8f8f9b4ff094_750

Edited by clapclapclap

13 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I blame the Somalis

I assume this is sarcasm, but he appears to have a Christian background, based on some of his, uh, eclectic articles on his alleged LinkedIn page.  If that is actually his page, but the timeline fits, Morgan Park is a Chicago high school:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/emmanuel-aranda-113ba082

He has a history of getting arrested at the Mall of America and throwing things off the 3rd floor:

https://kfgo.com/news/articles/2019/apr/12/suspect-arrested-twice-previously-at-mall-accused-of-pushing-or-throwing-boy-from-balcony/

BLOOMINGTON, Minn. - A 24-year-old Minneapolis man suspected of throwing or pushing a 5-year-old boy from a balcony at the Mall of America was charged in two previous incidents at the mall.

Emmanuel Deshawn Aranda was arrested on July 4, 2015, after police said he matched the description of a man throwing things off the upper level of the mall to the lower level. Police say Aranda refused to give his name and resisted arrest. Aranda also was accused of walking into a mall store and sweeping his hand across a display table, breaking glasses.

In October 2015, Aranda was accused of throwing glasses in Twin Cities Grill in the mall. The complaint says Aranda approached a woman who was waiting for the restaurant to open and asked her to buy him something. The woman refused, and Aranda allegedly threw a glass of water in her face and a glass of tea that struck her leg. Aranda was under a trespass notice at the time banning him from the mall until July 4, 2016.

Aranda was chased and arrested Friday after the boy was thrown or pushed from a third-floor balcony and landed on the first floor at the mall. The boy suffered life-threatening injuries.

1 minute ago, immortal13 said:

If the dad grabbed his punk ass and chunked him over the rail, who should charge that man with any crime?

He needs to be found guilty and sentenced to a day of community service.  Yes in this hypothetical what he did was wrong but no jury or judge should demand he serve time.  Dude would need counseling though.  

Damn straight.  
Might have killed him even if the cops got there before I did.

My boy and I went to an Astros game last weekend and after the game he wanted to sit/pose for some pictures on top of those concrete baseballs. A group of drunk bitches came by and the first drunk bitch says something about pushing the kid off. I am standing right there. Then the cunt gets on top of another ball and is cussing this and that. I look over and the male bitch just smirks. And the other female bitch is out of my view. My son was oblivious. We leave and there are more comments. We walked past the homeless shelter to our car. They were better people.

He seems like a nice guy, really.  Well, okay, except this:

Aranda has a long string of arrests and convictions for misdemeanor criminal offenses in recent years, court records show. At the time of Friday’s attack, there was an active warrant for his arrest stemming from a 2017 assault case in Hennepin County.

In 2015, Aranda was issued a trespass notice ordering him to stay away from the Mall of America. He ignored the order and in October of that year was arrested after harassing and panhandling two female diners at a restaurant and throwing drinking glasses at diners, according to a criminal complaint.

He was convicted of fifth-degree assault, trespass and interfering with a police officer. Aranda was sentenced to 30 days in the Hennepin County workhouse and ordered to get a mental health evaluation. He was also ordered a second time to stay away from the Mall of America.

In the past six months, Aranda was charged a half-dozen times with riding public transit without paying, court records show.

In August 2015, he was arrested for smashing computers at the Sumner Library in north Minneapolis.

According to a police statement, Aranda told officers that he became angry after reading something on Facebook and smashed five computers.

“He said he has some anger issues and told the officer that it does not happen all the time,” the police statement said.

A month later, in September, Aranda was back at the Sumner Library, harassing a female library employee. According to a police statement, the woman called police from her car in the library parking lot because Aranda had been bothering her, trying to ask for a date.

According to the statement, Aranda admitted he was stalking the woman and knew where she lived. He also admitted that he knew he was breaking an order to stay away from the library for a year.

Aranda’s case was assigned to Criminal Mental Health Court. He was discharged from custody six months later and placed on probation.

Aranda also has a felony conviction for first-degree damage to property.

But I mean really, let's not nitpick or quibble... I'm sure he was just having a bad day...

hqdefault.jpg

4 hours ago, Nivek said:

My boy and I went to an Astros game last weekend and after the game he wanted to sit/pose for some pictures on top of those concrete baseballs. A group of drunk bitches came by and the first drunk bitch says something about pushing the kid off. I am standing right there. Then the cunt gets on top of another ball and is cussing this and that. I look over and the male bitch just smirks. And the other female bitch is out of my view. My son was oblivious. We leave and there are more comments. We walked past the homeless shelter to our car. They were better people.

A majority (not all) sports fans, doesn't really matter the sport, are the absolute dregs of humanity.

Well, next to aggy.

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 2

This guy is a menace to society and needs to be put away for a long time unless he can be rehabilitated. His “anger” issues may get him killed in prison however. 

I didn’t see all the dumb shit in this post until it was quoted. The fucking guy needs a bullet to the base of his skull. People that do shit like that for the fuck of it, don’t deserve to live.

Maybe the kid fucked his wife though.
  • Like 2

I don't care if he can be rehabilitated he doesn't belong in society.  He's lost that right.  Besides someone please enlighten me on how to fix someone who thinks it's okay to throw a 5 year old down three stories?  No amount of therapy can fix his obviously warped view of the world.  Nor should society ever have to take its chances that his anger issues can ever be fully "cured."  

Tons of people have defensible opinions against the death penalty but I gotta agree with Jkwellborn, the world would be better if this monster just got a bullet to the back of the head and we were all done with him forever. 

• Like 3

If this guy has the mental capacity to know what he was doing then yes, he should go away for a long time, maybe forever. If not then a mental institution would be appropriate and likely ling term. If the kid dies, then yes, he should face the death penalty. But y’all have no real insight into the perp’s mental capacity. 

Let’s say you drive like an asshole and cut my family off and they wreck causing injuries. Does someone have the right to instantly be judge and jury and put a “bullet in the back of your skull.” Because I sure would want to, but this crazy concept of the legal system prevents you internet keyboard warriors and me from legally and morally distributing instant justice.

• Like 1