Favorite TV Secens

Parliament

Because TV has great ones too.

Mad Men had so many.  Here are two that stood out.

Middle of Season 2.  I had been watching but not paying attention.  And then this happened. I was forever hooked.

You may not "get" this one if you aren't totally invested in the series.  I literally jumped up and yelled.  You stated out wondering if it was real.  Then you started thinking maybe it wasn't.  Finally, when he twirls the lady in the blue dress you know.  

Spoilered this one because it's the final scene of the (Justified) series.  The entire series culminates in this one scene.  "We dug coal together."

Edited by Parliament

I can't find it on youtube, but Mike's "half measures" speech in Breaking Bad is one of the greatest scenes in modern TV history imo.

Also, youtube won't embed, but this scene from S4 E1 of GoT ("Two Swords") is one of my all time favorites:

https://youtu.be/GWmGrR9a818

and finally, +1 to whoever mentioned the early seasons of lost, especially The Constant and Through The Looking Glass. It was an experience to go through those episodes of Lost. 

Charlie and Desmond at the end of "Through The Looking Glass" from Lost.

Many scenes from The Wire, but Omar in court always stands out. "I got the shotgun;, you got the briefcase.  It's all in The Game, though, right?"

The final court scene of "Chicanery" from Better Call Saul.

"'If that's true, if you really don't know who I am...then maybe your best course is to tread lightly."

Dr. Greene losing the mom in "Love's Labor Lost" from ER season 1.

About a hundred others I can't recall at this moment. 

Edited by Dutch

On 4/26/2019 at 8:56 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

And damn if I can't find the scene from FLN where Matt Saracen finds out his dad has died to the music of Teardrop by Jose Gonzalez.

Season 5 finale was classic Mad Men. Jon Hamm will never find a more perfect role for him than that. Nor could they have found a more perfect person to play him.

Edited by Brandywine
  • Like 1