Audio Recording of Tyreek Hill & Fiancee Discussing Son's Broken Arm

Vic Mackey

KCTV5 obtains recording of Tyreek Hill and Crystal Espinal discussing their son’s broken arm

Audio in link provided.

FAIRWAY, KS (KCTV) - KCTV5’s investigative department was sent a recording of Tyreek Hill and his fiancé discussing the police investigation and what they are telling police.

The recording is believed to have been made in early March when the parents were walking through Dubai’s international airport. KCTV5 was told the recording was an “insurance policy” for Crystal Espinal.

Espinal sent it to at least one friend for safekeeping because she didn’t feel she could keep a recording on her phone. It has since been shared and sent to us by someone who is concerned about the welfare of the couple’s child.

The audio is 11 minutes long and abruptly cuts off. At no time on the recording does Hill admit to breaking his son’s arm. In fact, he flatly denies it.

Espinal also argues back that she has been covering for Hill with investigators.

Both parents accuse each other of troubling behavior.

KCTV5 shared the entire raw audio with Johnson County prosecutor Steve Howe and asked for a response. He is currently reviewing the audio.

Howe held a press conference on Wednesday saying he believes a crime was committed before noting he doesn’t know who to charge.

KCTV5 has also reached out to both parents and their legal teams for comment.

Sources confirm to KCTV5 that both parents have lost custody as a result of the separate Child Protective Services investigation through the Kansas Department of Children and Families or DCF.

Espinal originally retained custody but a judge eventually removed the boy from her care during an emergency hearing on April 5.

Another hearing was held on April 17. Neither parent was granted custody.

During his news conference, Howe emphasized the child is currently safe and his office and CPS will utilize other legal options to ensure he remains safe.

The KCTV5 News investigative department has learned the young boy is currently living with a family he is familiar with, but they are not relatives.

Espinal is allowed supervised visits and has been posting pictures on social media of herself and her son together.

https://www.kctv5.com/news/investigations/kctv-obtains-recording-of-tyreek-hill-and-crystal-espinal-discussing/article_16991194-67ad-11e9-98f9-c7214b78938f.html?fbclid=IwAR1B9QHuSKK1UpKJhHhl_tgFagQl7b5__VnDR2c0gbrIesV40-UXCzTbPlo

KCTV5 News in Kansas City, Missouri, obtained audio in which Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill and his fiancee, Crystal Espinal, discuss the broken arm of their three-year-old son.

In the audio, Espinal told Hill their son had said, "Daddy did it," per the Kansas City Star's Brooke Pryor. According to The Athletic's Nate Taylor, Espinal also said Hill would punch their son in the arm and use a belt as forms of discipline.

When Espinal told Hill their son is "terrified" of him, he reportedly replied, ‘You need to be terrified of me, too, b---h,’ per Taylor

The district attorney's office in Johnson County, Kansas, announced Wednesday it wasn't planning to file charges against Hill or Espinal. Authorities had opened an investigation into possible battery and possible child abuse or neglect at Hill's home.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2833191-crystal-espinal-says-tyreek-hill-used-a-belt-and-punched-son-in-audio-recording

Pisses me off to read. That fucker is a bad human being. From a football perspective, losing the talents of Tyreek Hill and Kareem Hunt from the Chiefs is going to hurt them big time from an offense that was scary good last year. There are more important things than football. Tyreek should be banned for life from the NFL

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I’m sure Kansas City was completely blindsided by this audio and had no reason to suspect Tyreek Hill might have done something wrong before this.  Just as I’m sure they had no idea Tyreek Hill was kicked out of Okie State for assaulting his pregnant girlfriend when they drafted him.

But she married him, so it was okay. [sarcasm]

3 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Pisses me off to read. That fucker is a bad human being. From a football perspective, losing the talents of Tyreek Hill and Kareem Hunt from the Chiefs is going to hurt them big time from an offense that was scary good last year. There are more important things than football. Tyreek should be banned for life from the NFL

Agreed.  No fucking bullshit like "everyone makes mistakes and deserves a second chance," excuse to justify keeping a talent like that.

I’m sure Kansas City was completely blindsided by this audio and had no reason to suspect Tyreek Hill might have done something wrong before this.  Just as I’m sure they had no idea Tyreek Hill was kicked out of Okie State for assaulting his pregnant girlfriend when they drafted him.
Same chick here right? Smart move to stay with him

4 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
21 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Read more  

Same chick here right? Smart move to stay with him

Do u even NFL minimum salary, bro?

2 minutes ago, Hate said:

As much as I love Hill as a player, he appears to be a shitty human being.  He needs to be banned. 

I don't think "shitty human being" is the standard. TO was a shitty human being but ultimately harmless. Physically abusing women and children is another thing altogether, and a no brainer. Ban his ass.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

That was an odd way to celebrate draft day. 

37 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

“The Chiefs will evaluate this information and make the right decision regarding Tyreek Hill” is the official response in a statement prepared by Kansas City Chiefs VP of Public Relations and Social Media Outreach, Ms. Casey Anthony.

She seems like a really poor choice considering her history 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

That video started with a visitaustin.org ad.

God dammit. 

3 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Jerry-Jones-Dallas-Cowboys-will-induct-G

32 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Uh, hate to break it to you but if you’re concerned about hurting kids or beating up on or intimidating women, we’re living in the golden age.

As someone that grew up under the fists of a fuckstick father, your comment does display an ignorance of the terror that some of your neighbors are enduring at this very moment.  Maybe you'd like to tell them it would have been worse in the 17th Century.  I'm sure that will help alleviate the physical and psychological trauma they've endured during this "golden age".

And thanks for proving my point.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1