Lieutenant gov. Dan Patrick

Voldemort86

On 9/30/2021 at 10:11 AM, Lobo said:

The Republicans and Independents that can be swayed against Patrick aren't in rural areas as y'all note.  They are in suburbs and the Valley.  The ones that saw what their neighbors did in 2020, they may emulate in 2022.  Let's help them.  

Why would good salt of the earth Christians vote for a guy who should be wearing an ankle bracelet?

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

The thread's namesake has the 'rona

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas-politics/texas-lt-gov-dan-patrick-tests-positive-for-covid-19/

KXAN intern picked out a lovely header image for the article.

patrick-1.jpg?w=1024&h=701&crop=1

hurry up and die you piece of shit !!!

Dan Patrick says “there are more important things than living and that’s saving this country”

Patrick went on Fox News on Monday evening to defend comments he made last month where he said he would rather die from the widely spreading coronavirus than see the economy destroyed for his children and grandchildren.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

My brother in law went to school with bathroom dans daughter. I wish I could remember her first name so some people could mess with her on Twitter or instagram if they wanted, but her last name is or was Goeb.

Unless she's an adult who goes out in public to support her dad, this is a terrible idea. For all anyone knows, she might hate his guts.

4 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

My brother in law went to school with bathroom dans daughter. I wish I could remember her first name so some people could mess with her on Twitter or instagram if they wanted, but her last name is or was Goeb.

32 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Unless she's an adult who goes out in public to support her dad, this is a terrible idea. For all anyone knows, she might hate his guts.

According to his bio, both of his children are sons. I guess one of them could be transitioning, but they would have enough problems on their hands just trying to find a restroom to take a dump, thanks to dear old dad.  

In the "how low can politics possibly go" category, it appears that Dan Patrick and Lina Hidalgo (Harris County Judge) are competing for stage position at a slain officer's funeral.  I have no doubt that both of them are using the appearance for political purposes.  Whether either of them is sincere is in their hearts alone and we'll never know.  Patrick and the right wingnuts (like Michael Berry) are piling on Hidalgo and making it seem like she disrupted the funeral.  I don't know what standard protocol is for who gets to stand where.  Patrick got to stand at the front; not sure why that wasn't okay for her too.  Anyway, the whole thing is just despicable.

https://www.chron.com/politics/article/Lina-Hidalgo-Dan-Patrick-Houston-police-funeral-16831534.php

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Ojo Rojo said:

In the "how low can politics possibly go" category, it appears that Dan Patrick and Lina Hidalgo (Harris County Judge) are competing for stage position at a slain officer's funeral.

I wonder what Dan Patrick thinks of the people who were beating and assaulting police officers last year on January 6th.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, Ojo Rojo said:

In the "how low can politics possibly go" category, it appears that Dan Patrick and Lina Hidalgo (Harris County Judge) are competing for stage position at a slain officer's funeral.  I have no doubt that both of them are using the appearance for political purposes.  Whether either of them is sincere is in their hearts alone and we'll never know.  Patrick and the right wingnuts (like Michael Berry) are piling on Hidalgo and making it seem like she disrupted the funeral.  I don't know what standard protocol is for who gets to stand where.  Patrick got to stand at the front; not sure why that wasn't okay for her too.  Anyway, the whole thing is just despicable.

https://www.chron.com/politics/article/Lina-Hidalgo-Dan-Patrick-Houston-police-funeral-16831534.php

The thing is nothing about public officials showing up to pay respect in this situation is out of the ordinary… till Patrick and one of the deputies threw a fit about this. 

11 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

All I know us all my redneck kin in Houston hate them so Lina. I haven't heard a solid reason why, just vague shit, but lots of hate. I don't follow Houston politics but a lot of the hate early on was prejudicial and not based on policy -at least early on.

they're outnumbered in harris county 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Goddamn it. Every time I see this thread bumped I am hoping for a heart attack or stroke.

I always hope it’s to see that bathroom Dan was viciously attacked in a bathroom by a gender confused man and Patrick is now struggling to breathe worse than an unvaccinated covid patient.

1 hour ago, Voldemort86 said:

I always hope it’s to see that bathroom Dan was viciously attacked in a bathroom by a gender confused man and Patrick is now struggling to breathe worse than an unvaccinated covid patient.

I'm pretty sure that Dan Patrick would be the attacker in that situation.

8 hours ago, Born to Run said:

All I know us all my redneck kin in Houston hate them so Lina. I haven't heard a solid reason why, just vague shit, but lots of hate. I don't follow Houston politics but a lot of the hate early on was prejudicial and not based on policy -at least early on.

They like to call her Dora.  They think it's really funny.

11 hours ago, YChang said:

The thing is nothing about public officials showing up to pay respect in this situation is out of the ordinary… till Patrick and one of the deputies threw a fit about this. 

I watched part of a video of the incident.  Patrick and Hidalgo were standing next to one another at a corner of the tent.  One of the officers came over and asked her to take a seat.  She refused.  Patrick told her to sit down and shut up, apparently.  You can't hear that in the video. Conservative talk radio picked it up and turned it into "Hidalgo was grandstanding and our hero Dan Patrick put her in her place." I'd like to know what the protocol is for something like this.  If a constable is killed in the line of duty where does the county judge normally stand at the funeral?  Does the Lt. Gov. normally come to the funeral?  I'd like to know the political persuasion of the officer who asked her to take a seat.

I find using a funeral of a fallen officer for political gain despicable for either party. Maybe it's always been that way and I'm just a naive idealist.  How about go to the funeral for the right reasons - to show support for law enforcement and to maybe say a word of gratitude and comfort to the grieving family.  Forget the fucking photo op.

5 hours ago, Ojo Rojo said:

I find using a funeral of a fallen officer for political gain despicable for either party. Maybe it's always been that way and I'm just a naive idealist.  How about go to the funeral for the right reasons - to show support for law enforcement and to maybe say a word of gratitude and comfort to the grieving family.  Forget the fucking photo op.

6 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

I didn’t see the Lt Gov at a LODD funeral for AFD in 2018, so because of that I will say they pick and choose.

The Office Thank You GIF

I expect somebody in Hidalgo's position to be at the funeral of a fallen officer in their jurisdiction.

Unless Patrick is attending every funeral of a fallen officer, then he is picking and choosing photo ops.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TexasHooch said:

I just read that article.  I honestly can't believe it.  What the fuck.

While Brandon Creighton maybe a UT grad, he got his law degree from Oklahoma City University School of Law.  

I'm wondering if somebody didn't get into UT's law school and this is their revenge.