80 yro Dad wants to Smoke

Crusher

On 4/27/2019 at 11:16 AM, BBQ2Bayou said:

What's the risk level of going to a legal state and shipping back oils or edibles vs. driving or flying with it? Asking for me. 

I’ve flown with weed before it was legal in any state. As long as it’s not a large quantity and you’re feeling like Chapo...etc...you are fine...they care about safety on that plane not a few pens or flowers.

I had TSA pull an airtight container from a small bag, followed by some toenail clippers that apparently could have been a weapon...I convinced him to let me keep the clippers. That container had 1/4oz flowers and he just put it back in my bag without opening it.

Zero issues...this includes international travel.

Edited by Tailgate

On 4/27/2019 at 3:29 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Which is why, if he buys a shitload of weed, he make sure and have a bunch of hunting and fishing gear with the weed.  Like several rifles, lots of ammo, a tent, lots of camo, etc.

He can claim he was going hunting in Colorado, plus he's old, so they might see the hunting gear and wave him off.  The key is to have several rifles and other hunting gear with the weed, so that they don't look past the hunting gear.  He's gotta be a plain old boring old guy going hunting.

Sounds like a good way to get a weapons charge on top of the weed, so yeah stupid fucking idea.

On 4/27/2019 at 11:16 AM, BBQ2Bayou said:

What's the risk level of going to a legal state and shipping back oils or edibles vs. driving or flying with it? Asking for me. 

Edibles or oil is a felony because it is considered a manufactured drug. Fuck that. Good weed is best smoked anyway.....fuck a bunch of gummie bears. I'm not fucking five years old. This old man doesn't want some fucking candy. The man wants to smoke some good bud. Just mail that shit addressed with a fake name.

#profit   

13 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Edibles or oil is a felony because it is considered a manufactured drug. Fuck that. Good weed is best smoked anyway.....fuck a bunch of gummie bears. I'm not fucking five years old. This old man doesn't want some fucking candy. The man wants to smoke some good bud. Just mail that shit addressed with a fake name.

#profit   

You need to smoke a bowl and chill.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Good weed is best smoked anyway.....fuck a bunch of gummie bears. I'm not fucking five years old. This old man doesn't want some fucking candy. The man wants to smoke some good bud. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I can't believe some people would seriously suggest shipping weed in the mail versus just carrying it on with you on a plane. 

Hint, the metal detectors at the airports aren't looking for weed. 

you can take your weed through security in california airports and they don’t bat an eye

On 4/27/2019 at 12:31 PM, MaybeACoordinator said:

My dad is gonna be 75 this year and has smoked pretty much daily for 50 years now. He was getting high (and tripping his balls off) at 13th Floor Elevators shows in Austin and Houston back when they were inventing psychedelic music. Hell, they practically invented the word "psychedelic." 

You're Willie Nelson, Jr.?

30 minutes ago, F250 said:

Has anyone actually done the FedEx thing?

I have heard of someone shipping flower and edibles via FedEx, a few times, without issue. I heard he used a hollowed out hardback book that he bought on Amazon, carefully repackaged the goods into Stink Sack or equivalent, and obtained a FedEx label showing the sender as a small local bookstore and the recipient as the deceased former owner of his house. I’ve heard he might take that book when hm to Denver this summer.  It’s just what I’ve heard. CJK5H

Edited by Tonesky
  • Like 1

Last Denver trip I had some stuff left over. I contemplated tossing it but said fuck it.

Cruise through security line no problem , get to the front and notice a dog sniffing everyone , fuck, butthole tightened.

The two lines merge and it’s my time to pass dogs , some lady starts to go at the same time , I tell her to go first, she tells me no go ahead, godammit just get out of the way before I start sweating .

Dog sniffs and I keep going , butthole loosens. Was a bomb dog not a weed dog , party time!

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Tonesky said:

I have heard of someone shipping flower and edibles via FedEx, a few times, without issue. I heard he used a hollowed out hardback book that he bought on Amazon, carefully repackaged the goods into Stink Sack or equivalent, and obtained a FedEx label showing the sender as a small local bookstore and the recipient as the deceased former owner of his house. I’ve heard he might take that book when hm to Denver this summer.  It’s just what I’ve heard. CJK5H

Your friend may run into unexpected challenges now that FedEx seems to be demanding identification before accepting anything to be shipped. 

You can thank that asshole in Austin from a while ago. 

On 4/28/2019 at 12:04 PM, BigHorn'13 said:

I think if you get busted at an airport, especially in a non legal state where you just landed with goods from a legal state, it's a federal crime too, no?

I get TSA hardly gives a shit these days but holy fuck. The balls on some of you. 

TSA is not a drug enforcement agency.  Their goal is to make sure air travel is safe from terrorism, not to harsh your mellow.

On 4/28/2019 at 12:49 PM, F250 said:

Fuck this backwards ass state. When Oklahoma is more progressive than you, something is wrong.

Anyways, it does seem like all the Texas counties you need to traverse on the way back home are waiting to pounce.

"Despite countless warnings on websites by Texas criminal defense lawyers about the danger of hauling back innocent-looking gummy bears, cookies or chocolates, countless Texans are loading up on marijuana extracts in Colorado, where they’re legal, and heading cross country into Texas and the waiting arms of law enforcement. As one defense lawyer put it, imagine U.S. 287 as an Alaskan salmon stream in a nature documentary. Now picture a bear slapping leaping salmon out of that stream."

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/on-texas-marijuana-trail-edibles-come-with-a-high-price-11282252

Is that only true of 287? Now that Oklahoma has legalized the medical part do the Oklahoma cops not really hunt for it as much? 

if so I would just take the 287 to Amarillo then dalhart, Dumas, Raton to Trinidad route on the way up, and then the way back head east to the Oklahoma panhandle to I-40 to Oklahoma City then down 35 to Denton. You wouldn't even touch Texas soil until you cross it on 35 just south of thackerville. It'll add a couple of hours but that's a very small annoyance to not have to deal with hungry Texas smokeys. 

By the way, the Vegas stuff is on a whole higher level. The Colorado stuff was good when I tried it last fall, but I was recently in Vegas and the sour banana sherbet was out of this world. Then just took one little hit off a platinum cookies vape pen and it was too good. The first 20 minutes or so was insanely nerve-wracking until it mellowed out into a great feeling. 

10 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Now that Oklahoma has legalized the medical part do the Oklahoma cops not really hunt for it as much? 

Knowing cops and their love of drug busts, I expect if you're from out of state and don't have an Oklahoma MM card you're fooked hard. Interstate transportation (if they can prove it's not from OK). They love them some asset forfeiture, too. Don't have your ATM card with you because they'll drain your account of all that "drug money".

4 hours ago, DoobieWah said:

What we need is a Smokey and the Bandit caper to Colorado.

We'll call it, "Tokey and the Bandit".

Who's in?!?

That would be a solid remake. The plot would be similar to the original but with weed instead of beer. Let's say The Bandit needs to get a bunch of weed back to Texas in time for Willie's 4th of July picnic. But the final destination should be Luckenbach not the Fort Worth or Austin venues. Just CGI Burt Reynolds.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, F250 said:

That would be a solid remake. The plot would be similar to the original but with weed instead of beer. Let's say The Bandit needs to get a bunch of weed back to Texas in time for Willie's 4th of July picnic. But the final destination should be Luckenbach not the Fort Worth or Austin venues. Just CGI Burt Reynolds.

Yeah I'd say Cheech and Chong need to replace Burt and Jerry.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, F250 said:

okay bandit is doing that.  who the fuck is tokey and what is he doing?  you haven’t really thought this out, at all. 

1 hour ago, futureman said:

okay bandit is doing that.  who the fuck is tokey and what is he doing?  you haven’t really thought this out, at all. 

Tokey is the bandit's stoner sidekick who is riding shotgun. One of the subplots is trying to keep Tokey from smoking the whole stash before the bandit can make it to the picnic. 

4 minutes ago, Foggy Notion said:

Tokey is the bandit's stoner sidekick who is riding shotgun. One of the subplots is trying to keep Tokey from smoking the whole stash before the bandit can make it to the picnic. 

Sally Field is the only living survivor and you're writing her out of the script? Out.

1 hour ago, futureman said:

Tokey is his stoner side kick. Hilarity ensues when tokey gets high and starts acting the fool. The cops get high and mellow out and decide its just not worthy it when tokey hides the stash next to the catalytic converter on the underside of the car and inadvertently burns up the weed and the cops inhale the smoke while chasing them.

This shit writes itself.

5 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Tokey is his stoner side kick. Hilarity ensues when tokey gets high and starts acting the fool. The cops get high and mellow out and decide its just not worthy it when tokey hides the stash next to the catalytic converter on the underside of the car and inadvertently burns up the weed and the cops inhale the smoke while chasing them.

This shit writes itself.

It just goes up in smoke.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Foggy Notion said:

2 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

This shit writes itself.

I know y’all are half serious but given the amount of fetid cat shit that hollywood puts out nowadays I actually think tokey and the bandit may have some legs.  I would pay to go see that movie. 

I have a buddy who lives in Cali and comes home 2-3xs per year.  Just puts vape pens, cartridges, and gummies in his carry on.  Because it's legal to posses in California, they don't care if you have it at the airport - you're just risking it's status wherever you fly.

Once you land, you're not getting your carry on bag checked, and there's nothing obviously suggesting that you're making some kind of weed run after that (unlike say driving back from Colorado).

18 hours ago, Mappable said:

here's my cast for the Smokey & the Bandit reboot:

Bandit:  Chris Pratt

Sherriff:  Danny DeVito

Cletus:  Snoop Dog

Sally Field:  Ellen Page or Zooey Deschanel

There is only one man alive that is cool enough to replace Burt Reynolds as the Bandit.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

The great thing about legal weed in all of the other states, is that a shitton of product from CA and CO is showing up in Austin. Edibles , vape pens, shitloads of different brands of flower. I dont bother flying with it, because the supply in Austin is waaaaay better than it was 3-4 years ago. 

• Like 1