2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets

BigOrange1

2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/28/19 at 07:45 PM

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Portland and Denver are still just cute teams playing in the JV half of the bracket. The Warriors are champions. They'll need KD for the East champ though.

Really? I think both are better than Houston, with Denver having the edge.

And GS hasn't exactly looked unbeatable....Clips took them to 6, and let's he honest, the Rockets straight up lost this series, just handed it right to the Warriors.

Edited by Pam Cummings

10 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Cuz its true. If Durant is in, he scores 30, the rest of the team is barely involved and they lose this one.  You know it's a team game, right?  This is the best team GS can put on the floor. Even if it doesn't include their best one on one player. 

Lol dude shut up

• Like 2

Just now, Pam Cummings said:

And GS hasn't exactly looked unbeatable....Clips took them to 6, and let's he honest, the Rockets straight up lost this series, the Warriors didn't win it.

The warriors barely rolled out the bed without kd and still won

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

And GS hasn't exactly looked unbeatable....Clips took them to 6, and let's he honest, the Rockets straight up lost this series, just handed it right to the Warriors.

I actually agree with you that Denver is better but GSW is a really bad matchup for them. 

1 minute ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Lol dude shut up

We get it. He went to UT so yeah, he will be defended on here but it's the truth. Warriors look like a breath of fresh air without him. They move the ball. Klay and Curry got going. KD is a ball stopper. Has been since OKC. They keep proving over and over they don't need him. This isn't the first time they had to play without him.

Warriors didn't need KD to win. They gained more from OKC becoming non threatening. Erased competition. 

Once that ball touches KD hands, everyone knows they aren't seeing it so they just stop. Are you watching these games or is it the burnt orange glasses fogging your view?

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Agreed.   I'll be very surprised if next round isn't tougher than Houston. Like you said, Clips played just as well as Houston and may have taken them down without Durant.

Just now, youdunnf'dup said:

That’s a fucking legacy game for Steph. 0 points in the first half. Highest scoring 4th quarter in his entire career. When they needed it most. That’s the fucking first ever unanimous MVP. 

Yup and it shows why Durant has it so fucking easy in GS. You literally can't let Steph get going, ever. He can be 0-20 shooting and you still need to double and trap and get the ball the fuck away from him period.

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

We get it. He went to UT so yeah, he will be defended on here but it's the truth. Warriors look like a breath of fresh air without him. They move the ball. Klay and Curry got going. KD is a ball stopper. Has been since OKC. They keep proving over and over they don't need him. This isn't the first time they had to play without him.

Warriors didn't need KD to win. They gained more from OKC becoming non threatening. Erased competition. 

Once that ball touches KD hands, everyone knows they aren't seeing it so they just stop. Are you watching these games or is it the burnt orange glasses fogging your view?

The claim wasn’t that they don’t need him. We know that. They won 73 games without him. The claim was that they are better without him which is, of course, very fucking stupid.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

No it isn’t. Maybe you haven’t watched (I watch a fuck ton of warrior games because west coast is what’s on that fits my schedule) but Green plays like shit in the regular season because it doesn’t matter. You do not get better by taking the best player of the court and if you think you do then you need to watch more basketball 

Again, it's a team game. KD isn't a team player. They were winning bigger with this same exact team before he got there. 

I think you need to watch more basketball. This is and was a championship team without Durant. Congrats, I guess on understanding that they manage to win most of the time with Durant too. They are absolutely a worse team with him though. 

Green played like shit in every game this series, in the playoffs, when Durant was on the floor. He played like shit all season in the games you saw, again with Durant. In 1 and a half games without Durant, he was great. So was Thompson. And Curry was reborn. And they beat the same Rockets in Houston that they couldn't with Durant. 

And you know this. If KD was on the court tonight, he might score 40, but the Rockets win. Then you go back to GS, win in 7, your hero gets a series MVP, and you still don't understand that winning in 6 is better than winning in 7. I will take it further than that though. Warriors sweep this series with no KD. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

Just now, Huckleberry said:

This thread is funny. The same morons who said Durant's move to Golden State killed the NBA now say they're better without him? So were y'all morons now, then, or both?

Don't worry, we know the answer.

Just like the Cloak Room, it isn't the same people. There are a lot of people here. 

5 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Harden...most talented loser of all time

This.  Amazing scorer of the basketball. Will never sniff an NBA title because of who he is and how he plays when it matters the most. A choker in the truest sense of the word. 

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

Again, it's a team game. KD isn't a team player. They were winning bigger with this same exact team before he got there. 

I think you need to watch more basketball. This is and was a championship team without Durant. Congrats, I guess on understanding that they manage to win most of the time with Durant too. They are absolutely a worse team with him though. 

Green played like shit in every game this series, in the playoffs, when Durant was on the floor. He played like shit all season in the games you saw, again with Durant. In 1 and a half games without Durant, he was great. So was Thompson. And Curry was reborn. And they beat the same Rockets in Houston that they couldn't with Durant. 

And you know this. If KD was on the court tonight, he might score 40, but the Rockets win. Then you go back to GS win in 7, your hero gets a series MVP, and you don't understand that winning in 6 is better than winning in 7. I will take it further than that though. Warriors sweep this series with no KD. 

Ok guy. Have fun with that. 

Best player on the planet and their best player on both sides. Keep fucking that chicken.

• Haha 2

Rockets are and have been an excellent team. However, not a championship team. Terrible inbound pass, whining to the refs constantly, throwing their hands up in panic when something went wrong. From minutes 2 to 1 left in the 4th they completely collapsed and lost their composure. The Baylor Bears of the NBA. high octane when cooking and in tough battles they struggle. Situational awareness just isn't as good as the Warriors and the Warriors seem to have more guys that can turn it up a notch when it matters. I think this is the one failing of their style of offense and I come to post the same thing like 3 years in a row. C'est le vie

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Ok guy. Have fun with that. 

Best player on the planet and their best player on both sides. Keep fucking that chicken.

And he went 2 and 2. And they went 2 and 0 without him. 

And shit, much as I hate him, LeBron is the best player on the planet. 1 on 1 he kills everyone.  His abortion in LA should tell you how much a team means. 

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This thread is funny. The same morons who said Durant's move to Golden State killed the NBA now say they're better without him? So were y'all morons now, then, or both?

It's possible for both to be true, you know. Durant being on the Warriors means that he isn't on some other team in the west challenging the Warriors.

2 minutes ago, staboner said:

Rockets are and have been an excellent team. However, not a championship team. Terrible inbound pass, whining to the refs constantly, throwing their hands up in panic when something went wrong. From minutes 2 to 1 left in the 4th they completely collapsed and lost their composure. The Baylor Bears of the NBA. high octane when cooking and in tough battles they struggle. Situational awareness just isn't as good as the Warriors and the Warriors seem to have more guys that can turn it up a notch when it matters. I think this is the one failing of their style of offense and I come to post the same thing like 3 years in a row. C'est le vie

Rockets are too small.   They need a decent 3 or 4. 

9 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

The Clippers won a game that they were down by 31. Golden State just let go of the rope. At no point was that series remotely in doubt. The Warriors just didn't bother to bring their playoff defense.

I love the Nuggets, but they needed every minute of Game 7 to beat a pretty bad Spurs team, and will need 7 to beat an undersized, undermanned Blazers team. And this is after Denver purposely tanked games down the stretch to try to avoid OKC and Houston. The Warriors owned them in the regular season. With or without KD, they're not ready.

Just now, FondrenRoad said:

And he went 2 and 2. And they went 2 and 0 without him. 

And shit, much as I hate him, LeBron is the best player on the planet. 1 on 1 he kills everyone.  His abortion in LA should tell you how much a team means. 

Cool. They also lost a single playoff game the first year he was there after blowing a 3-1 lead the year before.

He doesn’t kill KD 1:1 but you would know that if you watched either of the past two finals.

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This has reached some Derka level bullshit at this point... 

Take Loss pussy on this idea and move on 

Edited by Laxtonto
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This.  Seriously, it's not like that was an all world performance by GS. Some all world shots down the stretch, sure, but Curry didn't even score in the first half.  Houston was a flat out joke across the board when it mattered.  Per usual.  Bench players for GS that should never see the floor out hustled Houston all night.  You had Cook, Linvingston, Jerebko, Bogut, Bell and Mckinnie all get serious minutes in a game 6 and they won.  That's pathetic.

25 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Anyone who thinks GSW is better without the best player in the world is fucking stupid.

They might move the ball better but they are not better with their best offensive and best defensive player off the court

Do you actually watch how their offense flows with and without KD?  I know it's crazy to say but they absolutely execute better on offense and can beat you many more ways.  If you want to argue KD's D makes up for that I'll listen but their offense is actually better without him...

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Nah bro this entire take is actually very stupid. The Warriors are still the best passing team in the league regardless of whether or not KD is on the court. KD is a willing passer and they use KD in the post to force the double. To suggest they’re better with this bench is just asinine. 

The real issue here here is the Rockets and Harden and the fact they still believe they can win a title playing iso, stand and dribble, 1 on 5, jack up threes, basketball. A decent team will beat GS without Durant

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

The Clippers won a game that they were down by 31. Golden State just let go of the rope. At no point was that series remotely in doubt. The Warriors just didn't bother to bring their playoff defense.

I love the Nuggets, but they needed every minute of Game 7 to beat a pretty bad Spurs team, and will need 7 to beat an undersized, undermanned Blazers team. And this is after Denver purposely tanked games down the stretch to try to avoid OKC and Houston. The Warriors owned them in the regular season. With or without KD, they're not ready.

You're probably right about that. I've definitely thought all year that if anyone was beating State, it would be Toronto. Now i would definitely throw in Milwaukee with the way Giannis has been playing.

9 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

This.  Amazing scorer of the basketball. Will never sniff an NBA title because of who he is and how he plays when it matters the most. A choker in the truest sense of the word. 

Lol. How is that different from anyone else?  Only one title to go around each year, and Curry's Warriors are to now, what Jordans Bulls were to the 90s. The 90s were littered with all time great players. In 8 years, only 2 teams won a title. Maybe Harden will be as bad as Malone or Barkley. Even Shaq had to move to a dream team to win. The Rockets gave Harden an aging point guard. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Do you actually watch how their offense flows with and without KD?  I know it's crazy to say but they absolutely execute better on offense and can beat you many more ways.  If you want to argue KD's D makes up for that I'll listen but their offense is actually better without him...

The numbers don't show that. Their offense was better the past three seasons with KD than it was when Steph went nuts all season in '15-'16. I agree that it's aesthetically better though when they don't have the luxury of a 7 foot assassin. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Chris Paul was great tonight and they still lost. At home. With no KD. I mean, where do you go now if you're Houston? They even got a pretty good game out of Harden. But winners win. Great game. I hate the warriors but much fucking respect. 

You hope that Durant leaving is enough to diffuse talent such that you can get through the West. And that the Bucks regress or something.

You dumbasses talking this better without KD nonsense need to stop and go back and watch the championship they lost to Cleveland, and then watch them the next year.

The thing that KD absolutely delivers is a guy that gets his own shot when the shot clock is running down. If Curry is not hot and drawing the double team no one else on GSW can consistently get open. Curry winds up with hugely contested DEEP 3's. Farther you go in the playoffs, refs letting them play a little, Curry has some struggles at times, and they become very beatable. Durant puts a stop to that.
Yeah they have slowly got away from what to me was the most beautiful ball I've seen. That first year with Durant, when things were clicking it was truly special. They have gotten lazy knowing KD will bail them out. I predict if KD makes it back, they will get back to that beautiful ball, no more heat check crap. Don't be afraid to run the offense, etc.

• Like 2

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Their offense moves the ball better that’s for sure. And yet they are more efficient since KD arrived. The only year with an O rating as high as any year since KD arrived is the 73 win season and that is still only as good as one season that KD has been there. So no their offense isn’t better without him. 

Couple that with the fact that he is their best defender, especially at the rim, and we are done here.

Im done arguing about it. You simple do not get better by taking the best player off the court.

1 minute ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Chris Paul was great tonight and they still lost. At home. With no KD. I mean, where do you go now if you're Houston? They even got a pretty good game out of Harden. But winners win. Great game. I hate the warriors but much fucking respect. 

That's easy. You get a decent player that is actually tall. Harden is a guard. You don't make him better by adding another great guard. 

Right now, the Rockets rely on undersize players like Tucker and Capela to play bigger than they are. And Tucker can do it, but Capela sucked balls in this series, and inside the Rockets got manhandled by a team that isn't particularly big itself. 

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

The numbers don't show that. Their offense was better the past three seasons with KD than it was when Steph went nuts all season in '15-'16. I agree that it's aesthetically better though when they don't have the luxury of a 7 foot assassin. 

What's their winning percentage with KD out and Curry in?  Also GS's greatest team was without KD on it.  This is the wrong forum to argue anything against KD, I get it. 

Also, I completely agree KD is the best there is right now.  But there's just something about how GS moves the ball without KD in there.  Also, I didn't come right out and say they're better without KD because his D is the truth and that can't be ignored.