Art Briles: New Head Coach of Mount Vernon High School in Texas

Landomatic

22 hours ago, Landomatic said:

If every single opposing team on Mt. Vermin's schedule doesn't plaster their stands with anti-briles rape signage and chants, they're doing it horribly wrong.  Especially the student sections.

Every single one of those small towns wishes they’d have hired him.

There is a large segment of rural society that has completely lost its mind.

From a source at the game, zero protesters or banners. At least a dozen people in full Baylor gear cheering Art on. 

As for the game like the score suggests it was a dominant performance by Mount Vernon and apparently they played a very effective hurry up college style offence 

If this keeps up I wouldn’t be surprised if In a season or two Art is back at a lower level college program 

I was taking to some guys at work this summer. One guy quipped that Briles was fixing to get a transfer. Said some kid from Daingerfield raped a crackhead and tried to cut her throat. Didn’t really hear much else about it. I knew the boys grandmother

Hmm...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiVsJvOu63kAhUQIKwKHZ43DFAQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ksla.com%2F2019%2F07%2F16%2Fwoman-severely-assaulted-morris-county-juvenile-suspect-custody%2F&psig=AOvVaw1bYlLdnCigSWSr5OKaDnz7&ust=1567353147907172

Can you see Briles getting hired at a suburban or large ISD in Texas? 
I cant.
give it time. You’ll have one wanting to be successful or starting up.
I just can’t fathom what I presume are grown men driving all the way to east Texas, getting decked out in full Baylor gear and cheering on ole Art at a high school football game. 

You do realize that there are some Baylor graduates and students in Texas, or they sent their kids there. It’s not out of the realm of possibility.

On 8/31/2019 at 11:23 AM, Boogaloo said:

I just can’t fathom what I presume are grown men driving all the way to east Texas, getting decked out in full Baylor gear and cheering on ole Art at a high school football game. 

There's a Walmart in Mount Pleasant, only about 20 miles down the road, so plenty of Baylor grads just a short drive away.

On 8/30/2019 at 11:08 PM, DougO said:

Funny thing about high school football. Every fan's big rival team that they hate has three of four studs that transferred in. That's the way Friday Night Lights  go.

Not necessarily, our rival didn't transfer studs in.  They just had a lot of freakish athletes totally covered in massive zits

On 7/28/2019 at 4:03 PM, texifornia said:

You shitass no-morals motherfucker. Facts said you ran a football program where the players were raping women left and right. Truth don't lie.

How ironic:

The team, Guelfi Firenze, advanced to its league championship game, losing to the two-time defending champion Milano Seamen (Semen). Freudian slip?

On 8/31/2019 at 10:06 AM, DigglerontheHoof said:

I cant.

Yes because the drive to win will rationalize any hire. He has a lot of cover and apologists. The fact that he is not in jail tossing salads right now tells you all you need to know. 

On 8/31/2019 at 12:06 PM, DigglerontheHoof said:

I cant.

Yes, yes I can. The bottom line to those lunatics who think high School football is the be all end all is that they win at all costs. He will be the head guy at a DFW suburban school this spring. 

1 hour ago, UpperWestside said:

Yes, yes I can. The bottom line to those lunatics who think high School football is the be all end all is that they win at all costs. He will be the head guy at a DFW suburban school this spring. 

Agree with this.  He's not going to be at a place like Denton Ryan or Guyer that are consistently strong, but I could easily see someone like Lewisville or the Flower Mound schools hiring him because they're sick of not having success like they used to.  If Denton High hired him, I would fucking burn my alma mater down.  

15 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Agree with this.  He's not going to be at a place like Denton Ryan or Guyer that are consistently strong, but I could easily see someone like Lewisville or the Flower Mound schools hiring him because they're sick of not having success like they used to.  If Denton High hired him, I would fucking burn my alma mater down.  

Get your lighter fluid ready.

Honestly I think that even the bigger suburban schools will kick the tires on him. Winning matters most. You know it and so does everyone else. I would not be shocked to see Ryan hire him. That high School football thing there is just sad. I am all for having a good program, but holy hell Briles let so many things go awry. 

The problem is, he's a really good football coach; so he's going to have success.    A lot of good-ole-boy High School (and maybe smaller college) ADs probably wanted to take a chance on Art, but didn't have the balls to be the first.  Now that the first team let him back in he door, I think a lot more teams will give him a look.   If you ignore his dark-black-evil past and just look at his coaching skills, he's an upper level P5 coach.  What school wouldn't want that. 

I think we can all agree that Baylor cost themselves a lot of respect as an institution, as a Christian institution and as a program. 

Their desire to win overshadowed any character and moral decency they had. They really FUCKED IT UP THE ASS!

Art Briles is a good coach, but along the way lost vision. And so did the Baylor administration. 

But, Art is a human. Art has wife and family, too. Can any of us say that had we been in Art's place that we never deserved to work again. Never deserved to provide for our family again. Never deserved to learn a lesson and strive to be a better person again?

I am reminded by a Bible passage I learned in my youth: "Ye who is without sin cast the first stone.".

Art Briles has cetainly been served a large, homemade slice of humble pie and he's wearing a lot of it on his high school coaching tshirt. 

He has taken some well deserved punches in the face and head that knocked him down, but not out and he's trying to get up to face more if he has to. 

Let him up

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 24

7 minutes ago, Spudnut said:

I think we can all agree that Baylor cost themselves a lot of respect as an institution, as a Christian institution and as a program. 

Their desire to win overshadowed any character and moral decency they had. They really FUCKED IT UP THE ASS!

Art Briles is a good coach, but along the way lost vision. And so did the Baylor administration. 

But, Art is a human. Art has wife and family, too. Can any of us say that had we been in Art's place that we never deserved to work again. Never deserved to provide for our family again. Never deserved to learn a lesson and strive to be a better person again?

I am reminded by a Bible passage I learned in my youth: "Ye who is without sin cast the first stone.".

Art Briles has cetainly been served a large, homemade slice of humble pie and he's wearing a lot of it on his high school coaching tshirt. 

He has taken some well deserved punches in the face and head that knocked him down, but not out and he's trying to get up to face more if he has to. 

Let him up

Thanks, Jan.

25 minutes ago, Spudnut said:

Let him up

Nobody says he shouldn't work again.  

But he absolutely should not ever, ever, ever be in a position of responsibility over young men.  Ever.

F Mt. Vernon for hiring him.

And the jackwagon has millions in the bank.  He can afford some very nice humble pie.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Let him up

Damn. Who knew we had a Briles here. Which one is it?
  • Like 1