Yoga Chick Lost in Hawaii -- Story Seems Off

MaybeACoordinator

On the day of her of alleged “rescue,” the minute I heard her say this, I was convinced this whole story was bullshit:

“There were times of total fear and loss and wanting to give up, and it did come down to life or death and I had to choose.

“I chose life.”

What a drama-queen, lying skank.  I wish she’d have chosen death.

54 minutes ago, former alkie said:

On the day of her of alleged “rescue,” the minute I heard her say this, I was convinced this whole story was bullshit:

“There were times of total fear and loss and wanting to give up, and it did come down to life or death and I had to choose.

“I chose life.”

Give her a break brah, she was having visions, and probably channelling Ten Bears immortal words of the struggle of warriors in life .... and death.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, former alkie said:

“I chose life.”

She does seems to be reveling in her survival as some sort of superhuman achievement instead of looking at her 17 days debacle as what it really was: 16.5 days more than it would have been if not for 10/10 incompetence. 

I could be wrong but was it she that explained that a “true” Hawaiian doesn’t need to have shoes?  Take a look at your feet dumbass. You stand by that statement?

So she’s back in the news today. I don’t do Facebook, but apparently she posted a FB video apologizing for not being prepared for her hike and for putting her rescuers in harms way. 

“I realize that I was irresponsible, that I should have had my cellphone with me, that I should have had some water with me, some kind of preparatory tools that you bring with you when you go hiking,’’ Eller said. “It was not my right to be so casual about safety... That day, I never intended to go on any kind of spiritual journey, spiritual experience,’’ she said. “It was simply just a hike through the woods.’’

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/06/02/amanda-eller-rescued-hawaii-hiker-sorry-irresponsible/1321006001/

1 hour ago, Foggy Notion said:

So she’s back in the news today. I don’t do Facebook, but apparently she posted a FB video apologizing for not being prepared for her hike and for putting her rescuers in harms way. 

“I realize that I was irresponsible, that I should have had my cellphone with me, that I should have had some water with me, some kind of preparatory tools that you bring with you when you go hiking,’’ Eller said. “It was not my right to be so casual about safety... That day, I never intended to go on any kind of spiritual journey, spiritual experience,’’ she said. “It was simply just a hike through the woods.’’

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/06/02/amanda-eller-rescued-hawaii-hiker-sorry-irresponsible/1321006001/

I love it... utter fucking stupidity = "spiritual journey or experience."   

What a fucking loon.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 'stache said:

It would seem pretty easy for officials to figure out of it was faked. I think some of you underestimate the level of stupidity of some of our species.

Hey nothing surprises me any more, but she claimed to be an outdoors/survivalist afficiando, her dad modifies a computer program miraculously helping locate her, and she can't walk/ limp out of a place that is riddled with trails, and probably views of the ocean. 17 days to find her ?  She would have to be hiding. I'd like to think this isn't fake, but today it's more likely fake than not.

• Like 3

Hey nothing surprises me any more, but she claimed to be an outdoors/survivalist afficiando, her dad modifies a computer program miraculously helping locate her, and she can't walk/ limp out of a place that is riddled with trails, and probably views of the ocean. 17 days to find her ?  She would have to be hiding. I'd like to think this isn't fake, but today it's more likely fake than not.

It just seems to me that if it were that obvious officials would have figured it out by now. I’m no longer convinced by the argument “there’s no way anyone is that stupid.” I’ve learned in recent years that there really is no such thing as “too stupid” when discussing humans.
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, 'stache said:

It just seems to me that if it were that obvious officials would have figured it out by now. I’m no longer convinced by the argument “there’s no way anyone is that stupid.” I’ve learned in recent years that there really is no such thing as “too stupid” when discussing humans.

Yep. I mean, just look at the things she says. We're not dealing with someone who has the mental capacity to dream up a scam with the depths y'all are ascribing to her. In order to even conceive of a scam of this nature, you're looking at someone who has to have, at a minimum, a 90 IQ. I might go with 88 or so in a pinch.

You cannot convince me at this time that this lady has an 88 or better IQ.

4 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Yep. I mean, just look at the things she says. We're not dealing with someone who has the mental capacity to dream up a scam with the depths y'all are ascribing to her. In order to even conceive of a scam of this nature, you're looking at someone who has to have, at a minimum, a 90 IQ. I might go with 88 or so in a pinch.

You cannot convince me at this time that this lady has an 88 or better IQ.

max and min: how do they work?  

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

What about what I wrote is confusing you?

I may have said she has a 90 IQ at maximum, perhaps 88 in a pinch.  Why don’t you read your own posts?  You’re alluding to her not being bright, saying she has a minimum of 90 IQ.  Well that would allow for any amount of IQ more than that minimum.  Fuck, she could be an Einstein level genius in your terms.  He couldn’t tie his shoes.    So, again, max and min: how do they work?

4 miles minimum to 12 miles maximum in any direction, she would have hit ocean.  And that's with the assumption that she doesn't hit civilization or a highway or something else first, which there is in every direction except one, which is mountainous, so why go that way?

She could have crawled 4 miles in 10 days.

Edited by mulletpelini
I know I know wives and stupid shit they do.

1 minute ago, mulletpelini said:

4 miles minimum to 12 miles maximum in any direction, she would have hit ocean.  And that's with the assumption that she doesn't hit civilization or a highway or something else first, which there is in every direction except one, which is mountainous, so why go that way?

She could have crawled 4 miles in 10 days.

I've seen things written by people saying the steep terrain makes that not as easy a task as some would say.  

I still call BS, that for 17 days she couldn't hear anyone calling to her, or run across a trail, of some kind.

She went in the woods, got slightly turned around, got perturbed, started crying and sat down. And that's what she did for 17 fucking days. Sit on her ass and cry. Oh, and avoid people because she didn't want anyone to see her crying. It's hard to see where you're going with your eyes full of tears. I do think she spent the full 17 days "lost" in the jungle but I also don't think she tried to find her way out either. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

I may have said she has a 90 IQ at maximum, perhaps 88 in a pinch.  Why don’t you read your own posts?  You’re alluding to her not being bright, saying she has a minimum of 90 IQ.  Well that would allow for any amount of IQ more than that minimum.  Fuck, she could be an Einstein level genius in your terms.  He couldn’t tie his shoes.    So, again, max and min: how do they work?

Uhm... where in my post did I say that SHE had an IQ of at least 90?

8 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

You seem really hung up on this. If you ever get lost on the island, I feel like you’re going to end up stranded and dead in a valley.

or in the crater of a volcano.

Edited by Bevo
  • Like 2

Looks like we could have a love match for her

McClatchy's sister said her brother began his trip last Friday. 

The next day, he texted two photos to his mother late in the morning from a trail. More than five hours later, he texted her again. In the message, he told his mother he was lost and needed her to reach out to someone to send help.

"Hey mom, I need your help," he wrote. "Remain calm and we'll get through this."

McClatchy described his location as best as he could.

"It was a miracle he found a signal," his sister said. 

Since his disappearance, Balduf and friends share daily updates on the search using #findjoshuamcclatchy on social media.

Balduf said her brother is a graduate of Texas Tech University and working on a master's degree in social work at the University of Texas at Arlington. 

"He plans on working with people and their families who have mental illness," she said. "He's very caring for other people. He's a very compassionate person."

McClatchy was well-prepared for his trip to the Buckeye Trail, Balduf said. 

"My brother is very smart," she said. "He loves hiking, camping and the outdoors."

McClatchy turned 38 Sunday, the day after he texted his mother and told her he was lost. 

A GoFundMe has been set up to raise funds for the search.

In early May, a hiker went missing in the Makawao Forest Reserve in Hawaii. Amanda Eller said she survived by eating plants and drinking water before was spotted by a helicopter two weeks later.