Yoga Chick Lost in Hawaii -- Story Seems Off

MaybeACoordinator

50 minutes ago, Foggy Notion said:

Watch the first few minutes of the video I posted earlier. The doctor said she wasn’t dehydrated and that none of the physical symptoms one would expect to see from a person who was missing for 17 days were present. That is just one of the reasons this seems off. 

She had plenty of water to drink and fruit to eat. She had plenty of shade in there. I mean she did lose 15-20 lbs and had a fractured shin.

She just seems to be a very strange chick to me. 

I am starting to get more than a little pissed off that NO ONE in the media is even remotely questioning the story right now.

even if part of it is true (got lost, broke leg), the fact that her normal electrolytes and hydration levels were there after 17 days it means there is something missing from the story.

do your fucking job news people.   you dont have to accuse her of making the whole story up, but its clear the story isnt on the up and up, yet the media keeps posting this as a feel good woman overcomes adversity story

24 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I am starting to get more than a little pissed off that NO ONE in the media is even remotely questioning the story right now.

even if part of it is true (got lost, broke leg), the fact that her normal electrolytes and hydration levels were there after 17 days it means there is something missing from the story.

do your fucking job news people.   you dont have to accuse her of making the whole story up, but its clear the story isnt on the up and up, yet the media keeps posting this as a feel good woman overcomes adversity story

You answered your own question.

I'm laughing alright because I challenge anyone to show me a woman in the US between 16-60 years old who walks from their bed room to the kitchen without a phone in tow.

My wife leaves her phone places all the time, sometimes on accident, sometimes on purpose.

There’s a lot of stuff in this story that doesn’t make sense but I’ll give the phone situation a pass.

I think the only thing I wouldn't buy from the original story is leaving the phone behind.  Bullshit.  99% sure that thing is welded to her hand at all other times.  She should have taken it with her and broken it or something.

Otherwise?  Yeah, there are some fuckin morons out there that might not make it back just walking from their front door to the mailbox.

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

Her treatment was for extreme sun exposure on her lower legs (not on face hands or arms amazingly) in addition to the leg fracture. Her shoeless feet seemed fine.

What part of walk down hill is difficult for you to understand? She WAS walking. That's been confirmed.

How would extreme sun exposure on her lower legs (you can see in the pics her feet and lower legs were sunburned) fit into a scenario where this was staged? Her upper body were probably used to the sun, even though you can see she did get a lot of sun on her upper body. Her legs below her yoga pants probably weren't used to the sun. Plus, if you walk through water and the sun beats down on your feet, they do burn quite easy, I learned this the hard way.

On 5/27/2019 at 10:22 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

A woman got lost? Yeah, that sounds totally implausible. Because women are known for their sense of direction. 

If it was a hoax, how would that have worked? Were the police in on it? Or did she hide from them for three days until they called off the search? What was the plan if they didn't call off the search? Were the rescuers in on it who were hired by the family to continue the search? Without her cell phone, was the rescue time and location set up in advance? How many people were involved in the conspiracy? And for how long? And for what end? A book or movie deal? Lost hikers, skiers, children, etc. get rescued from time to time. I don't recall seeing book and movie deals come out about them. Seems like a risky venture for an unlikely payoff. 

She really did fracture a limb. She required medical attention. Look at her feet. Does a woman intentionally do that to herself?

hawaii-6-ht-er-190525_hpEmbed_2_3x4_992.

How much did this whole exercise cost the family? They hired private rescue teams. They were offering a $50,000 reward. I haven't followed the story all that closely other than seeing a piece about it on CBS News over the weekend. But if her story has holes, I'd say the hoax theory has just as many. Maybe she's just a flake who got lost in the woods. 

You act like you have never seen or heard of an attention horse.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

I know what happened. I lived it.

While I understand that a hair line fracture and a broke bone might be medically the same thing, doctors use the verbiage to clients a way of helping them understand the variance.

I've had more than my fair share of fractures and breaks.

a fractured bone is a broken bone.  there is no gray area.  it’s two different ways to say the exact same thing.  don’t be defiant about your own misunderstanding. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, futureman said:

a fractured bone is a broken bone.  there is no gray area.  it’s two different ways to say the exact same thing.  don’t be defiant about your own misunderstanding. 

I’ve had multiple fractures/broken bones.  There is a difference between the hairline fracture I had in my wrist that I barely noticed and the time that that the middle joint of my ring finger decided it had been in my body long enough and needed to escape via the skin on said finger.  On the former, I was annoyed by my mother’s insistence that I get X-rays, on the later I’m pretty sure I told a nurse that I was going to murder her.

5 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I’ve had multiple fractures/broken bones.  There is a difference between the hairline fracture I had in my wrist that I barely noticed and the time that that the middle joint of my ring finger decided it had been in my body long enough and needed to escape via the skin on said finger.  On the former, I was annoyed by my mother’s insistence that I get X-rays, on the later I’m pretty sure I told a nurse that I was going to murder her.

My son once had a "fractured vertebra" which makes it sound like he should be in a wheelchair, but it really amounted to little more than a bulging disk. 

2 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

My wife leaves her phone places all the time, sometimes on accident, sometimes on purpose.

There’s a lot of stuff in this story that doesn’t make sense but I’ll give the phone situation a pass.

Wives “lose” phones all the time, but they never leave them.  If they are going somewhere and they will need to take a selfie to validate having gone (gym, restaurant, nature trail, etc.) they will have their phone.  They may have lost it before they want to leave and spend 20 minutes running around crazily to determine where they set it down, but they can’t go to those places unless they find or have their phone so they can take selfies and post about their lives.   

Then they can lose the phone again.

4 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

I'm laughing alright because I challenge anyone to show me a woman in the US between 16-60 years old who walks from their bed room to the kitchen without a phone in tow. Much less a granola muchin' yoga instructor on a nature walk in Hawaii.

try my wife

2 hours ago, ABSR said:

Wives “lose” phones all the time, but they never leave them.  If they are going somewhere and they will need to take a selfie to validate having gone (gym, restaurant, nature trail, etc.) they will have their phone.  They may have lost it before they want to leave and spend 20 minutes running around crazily to determine where they set it down, but they can’t go to those places unless they find or have their phone so they can take selfies and post about their lives.   

Then they can lose the phone again.

Said it in the OP, then again in the thread, and one more time right now -- this goes double for water bottles. Both my ex and my wife treat short walks in the park like expeditions across the fucking Gobi. "OMG I forgot to get water! We need to stop and get some water!"  (Stop at store, buys overpriced bottle of water, wife doesn't open it on 30-minute stroll, bottle returns to car and sits there for six months, wife finally recycles it because it got hot and the plastic "got toxic" and poisoned the water.)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

She is clearly a dipshit. Moron! Dumbass! Shouldn’t the responses to this (btw this willl blow your mind that when shaggy got blown up the “stupid things my wife does” was Aggy favorite thread) be in some other venue? Pretty much every poster in the Big 12 feels your pain? 

If you want to hear an hour of babbling nonsense. She laid down on a log, she got up and started back to her car but mistakenly followed some boar paths off the main trail. Then her "strong sense of internal guidance" led her 5 miles deeper into the woods and started her on this "journey."

Cliff notes: Nincompoops should stay out of the woods.

Shenanigans begin @ 16:15 -

Edited by smuggs

Meanwhile, in the Mina story....

The 35-year-old went for a hike in the Kapilau Ridge in Wailuku in hopes of “seeking clarity,” his father, Vincent Mina, told Maui News.

“We look for him to return to us and share this sojourn into the depths of his beautiful soul and spirit,” his dad said.

Meanwhile at Scooby Crew HQ...

“Believe me when I say our team would love to just sleep in and rest … but there will be time for that when his family can rest,” Cantellops wrote on Facebook. “We will not rest until Noah is found one way or another.”

He called for skilled hikers, rappellers and drone pilots to join the hunt — and said he was heartened by Eller’s story.

He added, “The eternal hyperactive optimist in me never gives up, nor should you.”

Mina’s loved ones have launched a GoFundMe campaign to help pay for the search.

3 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Mina’s loved ones have launched a GoFundMe campaign to help pay for the search.

Goddamn American heros. Every last one of them. Nobody forced them to log onto that computer and spend 5 minutes on gofundme.com.

13 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

The Scooby Crew is in on the App. They didn't use state or Federal resources in the search cause:

"Um, thanks but we got this. However, we'd love some news coverage to help fund the search." - The Scoobs

All the more reason to be critical of their story if they’ve made good money off of it. 

2 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Counterpoint: nincompoops should stay in the woods. 

Indeed. 

At 56:00 while describing the loss of her shoes in a flash flood, she says that "shoes are more of an impediment in the water and that she probably would have gotten rid of her shoes anyway... Living on Maui we should all have tough feet from walking around barefoot." This is immediately after stating that without shoes she was effectively stranded near a waterfall as there was no way she was returning to the woods due to potential barefoot injuries.

My head hurts.

Guest Lobo

That is one dedicated daughter to do all this for her father's app. 

I imagine he'll give her a few weeks and few hundred thousand dollars before he enlists her aide for his next app idea---the at home cervical cancer checkup app