Austin Homeless Free for All Ordinance

rage-a-holic

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

No matter how much you bleat about it, taxes in the United States are far from excessive.

Here is the thing: go live in countries where taxes are appropriate for you. The absolute last thing America needs (as one of the only countries that is trying and failing in so many ways to be a melting pot of everything—name a successful country that is one) is to be taxed into oblivion.
As long as it’s a government y’all want right? Fucking a! Man! Canada has rules and a border for a fucking reason.

So all of the failures of other countries is due to USA and its 300 years (not really) of existence?

The other countries that have been around for hundreds of years more?

Could it possibly be their politics? Could it be something else? I’m just spitballing? Move to China fuckers? Wear man buns, skinny jeans, yap about guns there? I doubt that. 
You cannot blame the inability of other countries to thrive because 100 years ago they somehow missed out on the industrial revolution and are still in their infancy. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

So now it's federal income tax rates being too low that are to blame for Austin Homelessness?  Let me guess what the solution is?  

Does it start with an "H" and paid for with Texas taxpayer money at the state and local levels?  

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So now it's federal income tax rates being too low that are to blame for Austin Homelessness?  Let me guess what the solution is?  

Does it start with an "H" and paid for with Texas taxpayer money at the state and local levels?  

Well if it keeps dumbasses fleeing from California away!  Just kidding. Why are people moving here...? Hint hint! 
stop moving here fuckers! 
Double crucifix on that.

We invest in the wrong direction. Move all the jobs away from China and focus on Mexico, Central and South America. These are hard working badass folks. Give them an opportunity to thrive! 

• Hook 'Em 3

Mobile Loaves & Fishes/Community First! Village will be doing a press conference today around 11 - 11:15am that I think this thread will find relevant.

It will be live via the FB page https://www.facebook.com/MobileLoaves , undoubtable there will be a soundbite on the news later if you want the TL:DR version

Edited by RCRanger03
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

Mobile Loaves & Fishes/Community First! Village will be doing a press conference today around 11 - 11:15am that I think this thread will find relevant.

It will be live via the FB page https://www.facebook.com/MobileLoaves , undoubtable there will be a soundbite on the news later if you want the TL:DR version

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/1400-new-micro-homes-coming-to-community-first-village-for-chronically-homeless-in-austin/amp/

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

Yes, Alan Graham. 

Finally, some sensibility on display.   Amazing. 

I love Alan Graham. He's one of the best people in town. I played a VERY small role in making Community First Village happen and in my opinion it's the best and most effective model for dealing with that population that I've ever seen. It's good for the soul to spend time over there and I need to do it again. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I love Alan Graham. He's one of the best people in town. I played a VERY small role in making Community First Village happen and in my opinion it's the best and most effective model for dealing with that population that I've ever seen. It's good for the soul to spend time over there and I need to do it again. 

Here, here and here.

This gives me hope.   

1 hour ago, rage-a-holic said:

Los Cabos is 3 cities. The "Los" part should have tipped you off.

Which is why I referred to it as an MSA.  An MSA typically involves at least 2, if not close to ten, cities.  Thanks for explaining plurals to a Mexican.  

Oh shit, does the San Jose-Santa Clarita-Santa Clara MSA refer to more than just one Saint?  I gotta call my church, you are fucking groundbreaking ;)

Edited by Lobo

30 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Which is why I referred to it as an MSA.  An MSA typically involves at least 2, if not close to ten, cities.  Thanks for explaining plurals to a Mexican. 

Jesus fuck, you are such an idiot.

Cajun and Clap were both talking about Cabo San Lucas.

You quoted Cajun, but referenced "Los Cabos MSA", then referred to it as a city. Not to mention the 2020 Cabo San Lucas population was 202,000.

So whatever point you were trying to make is wrong. But that's never stopped you before.

Sorry I mixed up MSA and city.  It's an MSA close to 400k, and one city has about 200k.  

But I learned today that "Los" and "Las" are plural in Mexican, for El and La.  So I'm learning, and that's what it's all about, no?  

I really didn't have a point other than our City Council and the former President of the United States all will suck cocks in Los Infiernos.  

3 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Will they be stamping license plates or something useful in return for their new tiny house village?

Everyone there pays to live there and works in one of the little industries- they run the gardens, the dairy, the blacksmith, paint shop, movie theater, etc. 

Do you actually care? If you do, you can go out to hogeye road and see it for yourself. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Everyone there pays to live there and works in one of the little industries- they run the gardens, the dairy, the blacksmith, paint shop, movie theater, etc. 

Do you actually care? If you do, you can go out to hogeye road and see it for yourself. 

and the Autoshop, Woodshop, Screen Printing, etc

We did $1M income generated for our residents last year

Edited by RCRanger03
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A coalition of homeless advocates and city leaders set a goal on Thursday to house 3,000 individuals experiencing homelessness in the next three years — just over the number currently living on Austin streets and in shelters.  The report from the Summit to Address Unsheltered Homelessness in Austin set benchmarks to house 100 people by June, 200 by August, 400 by December, 1,200 by October 2022, and 3,000 by April, 2024.

In order to house 3,000 people in three years, 2,300 rental units would be secured by offering incentives to landlords while another 1,000 units of permanent supportive housing would be developed.

The report estimates operating expenses of about $240 million and capital expenses of $275 million for permanent supportive housing, prevention and diversion programs, and landlord incentives.

With $222 million already committed or anticipated, a funding gap of about $168 million in estimated operating expenses and $125 million in estimated capital expenses must be filled.

Austin Mayor Steve Adler said accomplishing the goal will not solely rest on the City of Austin, but must also include foundations, philanthropists, and the private sector.

“I’m excited that so many people in the community could come together and embrace a pretty big goal,” Adler told KXAN. “This is a special moment.”

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/austin-homelessness-summit-sets-goal-of-housing-3000-in-the-next-three-years/

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Like, if you put all of the homeless in Austin in the Erwin Center.... it would look like a Tuesday night game against Texas aggy Corpus Christi in December? That can't be right. 

or Oklahoma v Texas under Shaka...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

"A lot of people ask me...how do you make so much money on non-profit, government solutions to homelessness?"

"One word...Volume."

-Steve Adler (who is a cock-sucking piece of human shit that deserves to be incarcerated and beaten).  

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A coalition of homeless advocates and city leaders set a goal on Thursday to house 3,000 individuals experiencing homelessness in the next three years — just over the number currently living on Austin streets and in shelters.  The report from the Summit to Address Unsheltered Homelessness in Austin set benchmarks to house 100 people by June, 200 by August, 400 by December, 1,200 by October 2022, and 3,000 by April, 2024.

In order to house 3,000 people in three years, 2,300 rental units would be secured by offering incentives to landlords while another 1,000 units of permanent supportive housing would be developed.

The report estimates operating expenses of about $240 million and capital expenses of $275 million for permanent supportive housing, prevention and diversion programs, and landlord incentives.

With $222 million already committed or anticipated, a funding gap of about $168 million in estimated operating expenses and $125 million in estimated capital expenses must be filled.

Austin Mayor Steve Adler said accomplishing the goal will not solely rest on the City of Austin, but must also include foundations, philanthropists, and the private sector.

“I’m excited that so many people in the community could come together and embrace a pretty big goal,” Adler told KXAN. “This is a special moment.”

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/austin-homelessness-summit-sets-goal-of-housing-3000-in-the-next-three-years/

515 million on top of the 150 million already spent that managed to only increase the number of homeless. 

$665 million in 3 years, during Covid. Fuck all of them. If there were any middle and working class citizens left in the city maybe they could vote for change. But they have already left. 

23 minutes ago, Lobo said:

"A lot of people ask me...how do you make so much money on non-profit, government solutions to homelessness?"

"One word...Volume."

-Steve Adler (who is a cock-sucking piece of human shit that deserves to be incarcerated and beaten).  

pos rep.  one of the top 5 old school SNL commercials...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

What a fucking disaster. 

My favorite  2,300 rental units would be secured by offering incentives to landlords

Adler to real estate buddies "hey psst, buy some older apartments on the cheap, fix em up and you will have an endless supply of "renters"(meaning taxpayers) who will "pay" you top of the market rates".

what a fucking ridiculous scam.  sometimes I think they pick these dollar amounts by running a lotto wheel -- "OK, now drawing for cost of fixing the homeless!! First Number is a "5"!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Blotto said:

Lets assume the 3000 is accurate. When the word gets out and the next 3000 people arrive, are we out another $500 mil, or can we squeeze some economies of scale out of this boondongle?

We're already gonna need another hotel! 

• Hook 'Em 1