2019 Women's World Cup - Do It Back to Back

ztejas

Daaaaaang. I just saw your dramatic responses from yesterday. You guys really are a bunch of think skinned punks. Oh well, meant what I said. And of course I know know about it! I am a Longhorn, Mexico, and Real Madrid fan. 

Edited by JNip
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Daaaaaang. I just saw your dramatic responses from yesterday. You guys really are a bunch of think skinned punks. Oh well, meant what I said. And of course I know know about it! I am a Longhorn, Mexico, and Real Madrid fan. 

Hahahahaha that is fucking rich. A guy that once punched his father in the face over a soccer game calling us thin skinned. Lulz.

18 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Hahahahaha that is fucking rich. A guy that once punched his father in the face over a soccer game calling us thin skinned. Lulz.

Um I think you mean think* skinned sir. 

And give him a break, he's a Real fan. 

19 hours ago, alincoln said:

7 UEFA teams in the quarterfinals is the story of the tournament.  They had 5 in the super early years (91 and 95) but haven't had more than 4 since.

Yeah, that is big. And the anointed sleeping giant of women’s soccer - Spain - isn’t one of them. U.S. is gonna have to conquer Europe to win this bad boy. 

Edited by Jive Turkey

Impossible to predict how this goes.  France simply hasn't been impressive in either the group stage or against Brazil relative to their reputation coming into the tournament.  They should also be somewhat tired after playing 120 minutes against Brazil.

The U.S. was excellent in the group stage but the competition was lacking.  They were also somewhat fortunate against Spain, although the performance was better than the media reports would lead you to believe and was also hamstrung by poor coaching and a ridiculous GK error.  

This game could go any way.  Shellacking by either team or close win by either team.  I'm expecting a battle with a wounded victor walking into a SF against a relatively fresh England

This game smells to high heaven. Guessing we are pissed that Spain gave us a close game. I think France will be nervy and not aided by home pitch. Calling a US ass whipping - 4-0 a la Germany/Brazil 2014 (unless things get real, real fucky with VAR).

Les Bleues can cry on my shoulder if they need to. 

Ellis' shitty coaching choices have one positive and some negatives. While it was insanely dumb the way she used Lindsey Horan against Spain, Horan should be well rested and ready to go and having arguably the best player in the game fully rested and fit for a Quarterfinal is a big advantage. On the flip side how much will some of the older players (Rapinoe, Sauerbrunn, Heath) have in the tank for this game? Can she risk not starting Rapinoe to use her as a second half sub to keep her fresh? How much of a leash does Morgan have as she's been ineffective since playing Thailand?

Jill Ellis is the big question mark. The US can out-talent most teams including France, but if this game is nip and tuck is she going to make the right decisions? It's a huge variable. 

2 hours ago, ATLLonghorn said:

Ellis' shitty coaching choices have one positive and some negatives. While it was insanely dumb the way she used Lindsey Horan against Spain, Horan should be well rested and ready to go and having arguably the best player in the game fully rested and fit for a Quarterfinal is a big advantage. On the flip side how much will some of the older players (Rapinoe, Sauerbrunn, Heath) have in the tank for this game? Can she risk not starting Rapinoe to use her as a second half sub to keep her fresh? How much of a leash does Morgan have as she's been ineffective since playing Thailand?

Jill Ellis is the big question mark. The US can out-talent most teams including France, but if this game is nip and tuck is she going to make the right decisions? It's a huge variable. 

Yeah, I expect some terrible decisions from Ellis but I think we win in spite of her.