impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

1 hour ago, Tailgate said:

Maybe when you’ve been a CEO for many years you know?

This thread is a clown show. Keep telling yourselves this is really “cool” what happened today! What victory did you get?

Orange slices...sorry...forgot.

The man is permanently and appropriately branded for history for abusing his power and violating the public trust. He deserved to be impeached. The House did the right thing and history will record it that way.

That's what we got.

• Like 4

The man is permanently and appropriately branded for history for abusing his power and violating the public trust. He deserved to be impeached. The House did the right thing and history will record it that way.
That's what we got.

Just think if they had only censured him. Then Tulsi would have been more than present.

So, back to the two patriots who have affirmed their refusal to be impartial:  Mitch and Lindsey.

Once they take their oath of impartiality, what recourse is there?  None?  Even if such an oath could be considered "perjury" (or whatever) who would IN THEORY prosecute?  This DOJ?

I get it, this is politics, it's all for show, but I think it's reasonable to be disgusted by someone taking an oath they've already admitted they will not follow.

Those two should recuse.  They won't, but they should.  It would be nice if the average American were paying attention.

6 hours ago, hookem2010 said:
6 hours ago, Planet Houston said:
We collectively raise our middle fingers to this fucking asshole. What a joke the Republican Party has become. Decorum is dead. 

I heard that on the radio and was shocked to discover that Georgia had apparently elected an 8th grader. Imagine having days, weeks even, to come up with a 2 minute speech in the House of Reps and dropping that gem. Badass alert!

I heard it on the radio too. Was a Torbush moment. 

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

That's what we got.

Your impeachment will be remembered as petty politics.   Congratulations on making President Trump just like Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton.

• Fuck You 11

11 hours ago, Tailgate said:

Unreal. Biden’s son can take home $1m a year from a Ukrainian company he knows nothing about...but our president acts like the CEO of a company with leverage in cutting deals and this shit happens?

I look forward to another four years with Trump.

Run to another country if you want to pay everyone else’s bills including your own and want to try hard to not work but get paid.

Complete bullshit.

Cunts like you who want to live in a banana republic should move to one.  You miserable cunt.

• Like 1

The latest CNN poll has a lot of similar aspects to the latest ABC poll.  In the CNN, impeach and remove is -3 with registered voters, as opposed tied on the ABC poll.  But, that is just part of the story.  

Q3: Do you approve or disapprove of the way each of the following is handling the current impeachment inquiry into Donald Trump?

The Republicans in Congress: 38% Approve/56% Disapprove

The Democrats in Congress: 42% Approve/49% Disapprove

Q4 Is there enough evidence for the House to Impeach?  (Impeach, but not necessarily remove)

47% yes/48% no

Q7 digs into the anti-impeachment responses on why they are against it. 

82% of the respondents say one reason is because "Trump has been a victim of an unfair investigation". (16% not a reason)

77% of the respondents say one reason is because "Trump is innocent of the charges" (19% not a reason) 

76% of the respondents say one reason is because you don't think "the offenses Democrats say Trump has committed rise to the level of an impeachable offense. (20% not a reason) 

So, victimhood is a more consistent reason than the law and facts. 

Forgot one: 

Q8. Based on what you have heard or read about Trump's interaction with the President of Ukraine, do you believe Trump improperly used the presidency to gain political advantage...

51% used the Presidency improperly.  43% did not use the presidency improperly. 

Just now, GRHorn said:

I think the actual affront to democracy is looking to impeach a duly elected President from his first day in office. 

Allowing the President to use his position - an extremely powerful position - to damage his political rivals is a major threat to democracy.  That's Democracy 101.  Doesn't matter what era, what country, what party.  When someone can you their position to increase their power, it's a problem. There needs to be limitations.  There needs to be checks. 

12 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

You're doing it wrong, you dumbass lib. You're supposed to take Trump's lowest approval rating and make that the date that Democrats started talking about impeachment. 

If impeachment has had any effect on Trump's likelihood of being re-elected, it has only made it more likely. 

President Donald Trump's job approval rating has inched up again and is now at 45%. The president's ratings have increased six percentage points since the House of Representatives opened an impeachment inquiry against him in the fall.  The president's latest approval rating is from a Dec. 2-15 poll, conducted as the Democratic-controlled House held hearings on whether Trump should be impeached. The House is likely to vote to impeach the president on Wednesday, though Trump's removal from office is unlikely in the GOP-controlled Senate.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/271691/trump-approval-inches-support-impeachment-dips.aspx

Dems are doing this because they think their voters are easily fooled rubes who can't tell the difference between pushing back symbolically and substantively constraining Trump's ability to govern.  Dems offered zero resistance to Trump's NDAA, the Patriot Act renewal, or limiting his ability to appoint new federal judges.

• Fuck You 3

10 minutes ago, Tuco said:

76% of the respondents say one reason is because you don't think "the offenses Democrats say Trump has committed rise to the level of an impeachable offense. (20% not a reason) 

Idiocracy 

This country let stupidity breed beyond control 

6 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

If impeachment has had any effect on Trump's likelihood of being re-elected, it has only made it more likely. 

https://news.gallup.com/poll/271691/trump-approval-inches-support-impeachment-dips.aspx

Dems are doing this because they think their voters are easily fooled rubes who can't tell the difference between pushing back symbolically and substantively constraining Trump's ability to govern.  Dems offered zero resistance to Trump's NDAA, the Patriot Act renewal, or limiting his ability to appoint new federal judges.

Is this the poll you're going to now cite?

7 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Please tell me what Democrats can do to stop Donald Trump from appointing judges. 

Pout? Hold their breath? What?

11 hours ago, Tailgate said:

Unreal. Biden’s son can take home $1m a year from a Ukrainian company he knows nothing about...but our president acts like the CEO of a company with leverage in cutting deals and this shit happens?

I look forward to another four years with Trump.

Run to another country if you want to pay everyone else’s bills including your own and want to try hard to not work but get paid.

Complete bullshit.

Look how triggered these pussies are.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Which I don't understand. If I was the republican Senate, I'd draw it out to keep any senator in the race having to stay in DC instead of out on the campaign trail.

I think the Republican senate knows that the longer the Democrats are out there trying to out-woke each other, the more votes they're losing in the Rust Belt. Keeping them off of the campaign trail until the general would be doing them a favor.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Please tell me what Democrats can do to stop Donald Trump from appointing judges. 

Pout? Hold their breath? What?

They can refrain from voting for them, which has been a bar too high.  Unlike to convict Trump, Dems don't need a 2/3 majority to hold up a judicial appointment.  

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I think the Republican senate knows that the longer the Democrats are out there trying to out-woke each other, the more votes they're losing in the Rust Belt.

So why is gods name is the Slay Queen (considering?) withholding the articles from the Senate?  Don't make much sense.

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

They can refrain from voting for them, which has been a bar too high.  Unlike to convict Trump, Dems don't need a 2/3 majority to hold up a judicial appointment.  

That won't do anything to hold up a judicial appointment.

There's nothing Democrats can do to stop those appointments from getting thorough the Senate as long as the Republicans have 50 votes and Mother Pence.

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

So why is gods name is the Slay Queen (considering?) withholding the articles from the Senate?  Don't make much sense.

I don't know. I'm not really that invested in the impeachment. Obviously nothing is going to happen. November 2020 is what matters. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Cunts like you who want to live in a banana republic should move to one.  You miserable cunt.

Come now.  He wants the era of free shit and people not paying for the government to end.  Obviously he has closely monitored the debt/deficit spending and trade implications and subsidizing of industry and the wage gap to shrink.  He also wants the elite to pay, their fair share and stop being able to operate their companies with <1% tax rates via loopholes and shelters.  He is particularly incensed on the perversion of non-profits and philanthropy as a method to reduce tax burden which allows for a tax break without actually sending money/stock.     He is also worried about the public being on the dime for corporate irresponsibility and how that was manipulated under the guise of tort reform.  I mean he obviously realizes that if company A poisons the well and citizens get sick, they should pay for the damages and recovery, not just hand out pennies and put them on public assistance.  

This guy is a real conservative.  He doesn't like the abuse of power were an executive orders his followers to not comply with the House, he doesn't approve of using the office for political gain,  and he loathes cocaine mitch for subverting the process of judicial appointment just because he doesn't agree with the candidate.   He also is pissed about the US Supreme Court's bar to appointment is lower than that of a fry cook at McDonald's thanks to Brett.   

He wants to return to conservation, to support the republican started EPA in the support of being a good steward to the land and not allowing for the inheritance of toxicity. 

• Like 3

Maybe when you’ve been a CEO for many years you know?

This thread is a clown show. Keep telling yourselves this is really “cool” what happened today! What victory did you get?

Orange slices...sorry...forgot.

If you are a CEO then you are demonstrating a tremendous amount of immaturity and ignorance. I’m sure your employees love you.