The Supremes

tx 3 putt

2 hours ago, Bravo said:

like a sham rape hearing?

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Yes, because those allegations were absolute fucking bullshit.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/07/23/christine-blasey-ford-brett-kavanaugh-investigation-new-details-500652

4500 tips about Kavanaugh completely passed on by the FBI under Trump. 

You both are horrific people.  God help if a female in your family ever encounters a Kavanaugh.  

• Hook 'Em 6

12 minutes ago, Bravo said:

I don't give a rat's ass what a judge's religion is. I care about prior opinions and quality of their opinions. Seriously, dont give 2 fucks. Muslim, catholic, jewish, atheist wouldn't matter to me.

Know how I know you are lying and full of shit?

If you cared about prior opinions and the quality of their opinions, then you would be decrying ACB.

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, Bravo said:

don't care, did you not read what I wrote earlier specifically mentioning being a muslim? doesn't matter. doesn't fit your narrative all people on the right are racist christian bigots. you won't believe me because it doesn't compute with your world view.

I read what you wrote, you said you didn't care what they believed in as long as they believed the same thing as you.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/07/23/christine-blasey-ford-brett-kavanaugh-investigation-new-details-500652

4500 tips about Kavanaugh completely passed on by the FBI under Trump. 

You both are horrific people.  God help if a female in your family ever encounters a Kavanaugh.  

Probably from lunatics who pass out tips like your crazy ass passes out negs.  Her own friend who was at the party with Ford says was there said she does not believe Ford.

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

What incentive does the GOP have to fight this and possibly look bad and hurt their chances in the midterms?

the current court make up is 6-3 right? We’re replacing a dem with a dem?  The obvious Republican move is to play it safe and don’t piss anyone off. Just preserve the status quo.

Look bad to whom? 

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Probably from lunatics who pass out tips like your crazy ass passes out negs.  Her own friend who was at the party with Ford says was there said she does not believe Ford.

You're a liar. Here's what she actually said:

Leland Ingham Keyser, a friend of the woman accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault when they were at a party in high school, does not refute the veracity of the allegation, although she does not remember the alleged incident, her lawyer said in a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee.

The accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, claims that during a party in the early 1980s at which Keyser and several others were present, Kavanaugh drunkenly pushed her into a bedroom, pinned her down and attempted to remove her clothes before she was able to escape. Kavanaugh has vehemently denied the allegation.

“Ms. Keyser does not refute Dr. Ford’s account, and she has already told the press that she believes Dr. Ford’s account,” Keyser’s attorney, Howard Walsh, wrote in the letter, which was sent to the committee overnight Friday. “However, the simple and unchangeable truth is that she is unable to corroborate it because she has no recollection of the incident in question.”

The previous statement, which Walsh released to CNN and the committee last week, said, “Simply put, Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford.”

• Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Wow what a piece of lying shit you are. At least you aren't repeating antisemitic conspiracy theories this time.

Progress, hooray!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

They can’t stop people in blue states from having abortions.  California, New York, and Illinois will pass state laws allowing abortion if roe goes down.

Oh, then I guess it's no big deal for every woman south of the Mason Dixon Line and east of the Rockies, then. Assuming a federal law doesn't come into play. 

15 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

You're a liar. Here's what she actually said:

You're the liar.

Keyser has never corroborated Ford's account or even key details of it, though. Keyser's attorney told investigators during Kavanaugh's confirmation hearings that she couldn't recall the night in question, while adding that she believed Ford.

But in a new interview with the Times's Robin Pogrebin and Kate Kelly, Keyser makes clear that she no longer does.

Keyser described having many more reservations than she initially let on. She said she tried to assemble the details as described by Ford, but she called her attorney and told him, "You know what, I don't feel good about something."

First, she said she wouldn't have just left Ford at the party without accounting for her ride home. "It would be impossible for me to be the only girl at a get-together with three guys, have her leave, and then not figure out how she's going to get home," Keyser said.

"I've been thinking about who I was at sixteen rather than who Chrissy was at sixteen," Keyser said, saying that although she has dealt with addiction as an adult, she wasn't a heavy drinker then. She added, "That's when I changed."

Ford, in her Senate testimony, said Keyser "was downstairs during the event and I did not share it with her." She also said then of Keyser's lack of corroboration, "I don't expect that ... Leland would remember this evening."

Keyser said she doesn't remember many small gatherings like the one Ford described, nor does she remember hanging out much with Georgetown Prep students, which Kavanaugh was. She maintains that she didn't even know who Kavanaugh was back then, after reviewing pictures and maps.

"Those facts together I don't recollect, and it just doesn't make any sense," Keyser said. Keyser also said she spoke with many people who "wanted me to remember something different" -- suggesting that there was pressure on her to toe the line -- and that she told the FBI about that.

https://journalnow.com/opinion/columnists/aaron-blake-a-key-witness-in-the-brett-kavanaugh-saga-comes-down-on-his-side/article_f91d2482-d95f-11e9-95cb-13e64ce4efb7.html

In their 2019 book The Education of Brett Kavanaugh: An Investigation, authors Robin Pogrebin and Kate Kelly interviewed Leland Keyser, a close friend of Ford's from high school, who, according to Ford, was at the party where the alleged assault took place (although not in the same room). Keyser initially stated through her attorney that while she did not recall the evening in question, she believed Ford, but in a later interview she stated that she no longer does. The interview revealed that Keyser, who is a Democrat, had felt pressured earlier to corroborate Ford's account.[75][76]

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

You’ll see the normal theatrics associated with these hearings, of course. But as evidenced by Breyer’s retirement in January, the Republicans are sitting pretty for the midterms. Upsetting the Apple cart just to move the court from a 6-3 majority to a 7-2 majority would be unnecessarily risky.

They'll just keep it 6-2, hoping to fill it with Jeanine Pirro after Dotard wins the White House back in 24.

Yes, I'm exaggerating.....but only a tiny little bit.

• Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

They'll just keep it 6-2, hoping to fill it with Jeanine Pirro after Dotard wins the White House back in 24.

Yes, I'm exaggerating.....but only a tiny little bit.

I look forward to the Jeanine Pirro & Nancy Grace court.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

really? you can see no reason why someone's religion might be important here? would you be ok if the person Biden chose was muslim? what if he decided to nominate someone and it turned out they were an active member of the church of satan? what about a filthy, godless atheist like me? would that ok with you as well? I mean, after all, it has no bearing, right?

I don't care.

Are they right for the job?  IDGAF about religious affiliation either.  So sick of spending time on bullshit that doesn't matter.

(Goes back to wordle page)

1 hour ago, Bravo said:

who cares what religion someone is? religion should be taken into account? i get it. identity politics is the left's game.

Apparently Trump (or whoever was recommending potential nominees to him) did.  I wonder why?  Perhaps a devout Catholic might be more receptive to a challenge to Roe v. Wade?  Just spitballing.

41 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Page 3 Profile: Dick Cheney, Former US vice-president | The Independent |  The Independent

Also.....imagine this......someone in 2009, in the last days of the Bush-Cheney presidency, tells you that in around 12 years, the GOP will be condemning Dick Cheney as a RINO libtard.  If your reaction to that would be anything other than.....

britney-spears-gif.gif

...you're lying.

Yet, here we are.

3 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Apparently Trump (or whoever was recommending potential nominees to him) did.  I wonder why?  Perhaps a devout Catholic might be more receptive to a challenge to Roe v. Wade?  Just spitballing.

THAT'S the case I was thinking about.  Whew.  Pretty obscure stuff.

59 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

I read what you wrote, you said you didn't care what they believed in as long as they believed the same thing as you.

Isn't that consistent with all nominations?

The POTUS does it with that mindset, regardless of party.

18 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Or that two of the last three nominees have been Catlicks, when there were already four, although Sotomayor is "liberal." There have only been 13 Catlicks on the Court in its history, but now they're a super-majority.

Somehow, I don't think that stems from notions of inclusiveness.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Or that two of the last three nominees have been Catlicks, when there were already four, although Sotomayor is "liberal." There have only been 13 Catlicks on the Court in its history, but now they're a super-majority.

Hide yo kids!!!

( just rolling with the stereotypes)

Edited by slorch

1 minute ago, Bravo said:

only in CR is saying don't consider race, gender and religion when finding the right candidate for a job is controversial. 

That's not what we're saying.  

There are lots of factors that must be considered in choosing a SC justice.  Some of them are political (to ensure the nominee gets approved by the Senate).  You are sadly living in a fantasy land if you think that ANY SC justice in modern times was chosen without considering that nominee's race, gender, and religion.

Predictit market on confirmation (any justice) by end of 2022 @ 0.91 Yes/0.10 No. 
No lines on specific justices for nomination yet, but should be some easy money on the No side of specific individuals. 

That feels like great value for, essentially, “Will Democrats fuck this up?”

9 minutes ago, Satchel said:

People like to give slorch shit for reflecting opinions that are tied to his Tech education. Where’d Johnny Sack go to school?

To be fair when they go there, it's basically the white flag on their position.

Solid posters don't do that crap unless it's banter, as opposed to a deliberate shot.

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

You're the liar.

Keyser described having many more reservations than she initially let on. She said she tried to assemble the details as described by Ford, but she called her attorney and told him, "You know what, I don't feel good about something."

First, she said she wouldn't have just left Ford at the party without accounting for her ride home. "It would be impossible for me to be the only girl at a get-together with three guys, have her leave, and then not figure out how she's going to get home," Keyser said.

"I've been thinking about who I was at sixteen rather than who Chrissy was at sixteen," Keyser said, saying that although she has dealt with addiction as an adult, she wasn't a heavy drinker then. She added, "That's when I changed."

Ford, in her Senate testimony, said Keyser "was downstairs during the event and I did not share it with her." She also said then of Keyser's lack of corroboration, "I don't expect that ... Leland would remember this evening."

Keyser said she doesn't remember many small gatherings like the one Ford described, nor does she remember hanging out much with Georgetown Prep students, which Kavanaugh was. She maintains that she didn't even know who Kavanaugh was back then, after reviewing pictures and maps.

"Those facts together I don't recollect, and it just doesn't make any sense," Keyser said. Keyser also said she spoke with many people who "wanted me to remember something different" -- suggesting that there was pressure on her to toe the line -- and that she told the FBI about that.

https://journalnow.com/opinion/columnists/aaron-blake-a-key-witness-in-the-brett-kavanaugh-saga-comes-down-on-his-side/article_f91d2482-d95f-11e9-95cb-13e64ce4efb7.html

In their 2019 book The Education of Brett Kavanaugh: An Investigation, authors Robin Pogrebin and Kate Kelly interviewed Leland Keyser, a close friend of Ford's from high school, who, according to Ford, was at the party where the alleged assault took place (although not in the same room). Keyser initially stated through her attorney that while she did not recall the evening in question, she believed Ford, but in a later interview she stated that she no longer does. The interview revealed that Keyser, who is a Democrat, had felt pressured earlier to corroborate Ford's account.[75][76]

Hadn't seen this so I'll retract the liar allegation. Though I do expect that we'll find out in a few years that Project Veritas or Brietbart or someone similar paid her some money to change her story (as we know they've both offered to others in the past). 

4 minutes ago, slorch said:

To be fair when they go there, it's basically the white flag on their position.

Solid posters don't do that crap unless it's banter, as opposed to a deliberate shot.

The most solid posters talk about how they want to shoot someone for turning around in their driveway.