Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

3 minutes ago, BornOrange said:

So if it hasn't been announced, maybe Alabama didn't turn in the signed LOI.

Is that a way to trap door someone?

"Ooops. There was a snafu and somehow your LOI didn't get turned in to the NCAA. We also lost track of the total numbers, so there is no room for you here at Alabama. Have a nice life!"

Didnt Briles try to do this with Donovan Duvernay? 

8 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Didnt Briles try to do this with Donovan Duvernay? 

No, Briles did that with Devin.

They had committed some type of violation in Devin's recruitment so they couldn't sign him to a LOI. So they didn't tell anybody and CYA'd by not turning in the LOI. When he decided he wanted to transfer, it turned out he was automatically free to go because they had not turned in the paperwork. The other guys who transferred had to wait to hear from the NCAA.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, BornOrange said:

No, Briles did that with Devin.

They had committed some type of violation in Devin's recruitment so they couldn't sign him to a LOI. So they didn't tell anybody and CYA'd by not turning in the LOI. When he decided he wanted to transfer, it turned out he was automatically free to go because they had not turned in the paperwork. The other guys who transferred had to wait to hear from the NCAA.

This is accurate but you should cite your source(s) in the footnotes. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, GotThatFire said:

What’s this from?

5 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Agreed, unless of course it’s all part of a grand conspiracy to hide Evans true final destination, Bama.
But I’ll be more than happy if signing George means they don’t have a spot for Rakestraw so he ends up with us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GotThatFire said:

What’s this from?

Agreed, unless of course it’s all part of a grand conspiracy to hide Evans true final destination, Bama.
But I’ll be more than happy if signing George means they don’t have a spot for Rakestraw so he ends up with us.

33 minutes ago, satyanash said:

SIAP... any thoughts on how Baylor's hire at DL coach affects Princely or Collins?

These tweets don’t make any sense. Tripling a guy’s salary when going from analyst to DL coach isn’t significant at all. 

It looks like Super K is talking about Princely in the second one, but I don’t see why hiring an LSU analyst would land them Princely. 

3 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

These tweets don’t make any sense. Tripling a guy’s salary when going from analyst to DL coach isn’t significant at all. 

It looks like Super K is talking about Princely in the second one, but I don’t see why hiring an LSU analyst would land them Princely. 

He did clarify he was talking about Princely

4 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Because the spike machine has been dying for a reason not to end up at Texas most of his recruitment. 

I get the argument Princely will be a higher priority now at Baylor under Aranda but Princely wasn't exactly fond of LSU's staff. 

I don't see how that hire would help Baylor but maybe there's more to the story. 

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

I get the argument Princely will be a higher priority now at Baylor under Aranda but Princely wasn't exactly fond of LSU's staff. 

I don't see how that hire would help Baylor but maybe there's more to the story. 

in BR or Waco, they are still the guys who processed his friends 

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Hm, feels like a stretch but Princely does seem like a flaky dude so who knows 

I would think that Giles still being in Austin would probably seal the deal there.  Also doesn't Aranda use a 3 man front too?  He just used Chaisson as a rusher more times than dropping him back into coverage unlike what we saw from Orlando last season.

Hm, feels like a stretch but Princely does seem like a flaky dude so who knows 
When we finally got Shepherd committed, quite a few people speculated there was a low probability he stuck around.

Not that Princely is even in the same stratosphere of concerning behavior, but I do get the same feeling here.

If he wants to commit, you probably still take him on the chance he sticks because he has potential to be an impact player, but he feels like a highish portal candidate as well.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

When we finally got Shepherd committed, quite a few people speculated there was a low probability he stuck around.

Not that Princely is even in the same stratosphere of concerning behavior, but I do get the same feeling here.

If he wants to commit, you probably still take him on the chance he sticks because he has potential to be an impact player, but he feels like a highish portal candidate as well.

That's BS, he's a good kid who saw what Orlando was and did the right thing by de committing. I have a cousin who lives in manor and I doubt they know each other but... He's a good kid. Who would stay at Texas (dream school) for 5 years!! 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 11:07 AM, golfclap said:

I feel like the momentum discussions all seems to be stemming from the Brockermeyer recruitment and that's 100% not on Texas, or Tom Herman or even the 2019 season. It's on the Brockermeyer clan and their expectations vs reality. 

What is the deal with the Brockermeyer bros. recruitment?  Does it have something to do with the younger Brockermeyer’s experience as a PWO?