2021 ATH Billy Bowman

48 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

This is the first class I can remember that has more 3 star players than 4 star players. I don't really have faith in this staff to "coach up" many of these 3 stars to become big impact players. We need 4 and 5 stars and hope they don't regress...

So we're eating too much bread?

9 hours ago, texashorn13 said:

Yes, I told y'all mid-July this was a possibility because OU is selling him on being a two-way player.  I was essentially laughed off the board and told to GTFO

that's just how the recruiting forum works. people lose their minds when you don't 100% pump sunshine and slurp every recruit who commits to Texas. to claim that a kid who's already committed to Texas might flip to OU? yeah, the people here seriously can't handle hearing anything like that. this forum is a safe space for UT sunshine pumpers. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

that's just how the recruiting forum works. people lose their minds when you don't 100% pump sunshine and slurp every recruit who commits to Texas. to claim that a kid who's already committed to Texas might flip to OU? yeah, the people here seriously can't handle hearing anything like that. this forum is a safe space for UT sunshine pumpers. 

Monica Raymund Drama GIF by Hightown

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Losing has consequences.  Except OU has dropped two already and can't seem to ever do anything after the conference title game.  

Wonder if it's a team like Auburn that gets his services, a team that seldom plays for anything.  

Edited by Mdhorn

26 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Losing has consequences.  Except OU has dropped two already and can't seem to ever do anything after the conference title game.  

Wonder if it's a team like Auburn that gets his services, a team that seldom plays for anything.  

He's going to OU with his girlfriend.

34 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Not being able to be any better than the #4 team in the country is a far cry from being middle of the pack in the conference.  One still gets you tons of production for NFL tape and postseason awards.

Edited by Gene Parmesan

10 hours ago, texashorn13 said:

Yes, I told y'all mid-July this was a possibility because OU is selling him on being a two-way player.  I was essentially laughed off the board and told to GTFO

This isn’t what happened at all. People said the playing both ways pitch by OU was bullshit but no one attacked you for saying he was listening to OU. If anything, most people kind of accepted it but didn’t want to talk about it too much.  

Though @Ricky's one-hitter did have this post that aged extremely well. 

On 7/29/2020 at 7:48 AM, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I think it has been very clear that Bowman is solid to Texas. If he's listening to Chokelahoma, there will be some 9.95er smoke if things get serious.

Until then

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

This isn’t what happened at all. People said the playing both ways pitch by OU was bullshit but no one attacked you for saying he was listening to OU. If anything, most people kind of accepted it but didn’t want to talk about it too much.  

Though @Ricky's one-hitter did have this post that aged extremely well. 

#oldtakesexposed

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dude's parting shots at the staff should hopefully seal their fate. He said they're basically incompetent and don't play on the biggest stage. He's not wrong. His shot at the staff was so on point. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/longhornswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/02/texas-football-recruiting-billy-bowman-blasts-staff/amp/

Edited by Spider2YBanana

On 11/2/2020 at 10:58 PM, Spider2YBanana said:

Dude's parting shots at the staff should hopefully seal their fate. He said they're basically incompetent and don't play on the biggest stage. He's not wrong. His shot at the staff was so on point. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/longhornswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/02/texas-football-recruiting-billy-bowman-blasts-staff/amp/

So he went to OU because they play well on the biggest stage?  Texas wins its bowl games, OU does not.  This tells me it wasn't football related. 

So he went to OU because they play well on the biggest stage?  Texas wins its bowl games, OU does not.  This tells me it wasn't football related. 

He didn’t say play well on that stage, just said plays. If he was referring to playoff and CCG appearances, it’s a fair point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Ask any college kid to choose between playing in the CFP every year and losing, or playing in a meaningless bowl game and winning, and 99% will choose the CFP route even if it ends up in an L.

• Like 1