Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

5 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

FWIW, Jimbo put more pressure on himself to win, and win now, by running his mouth off about beating Saban's ass. It's a double-edged sword. It can keep his program "fresh" and maintain the attention of recruits (the life-blood of a program), and if he gets shellacked again in that game, then he could also lose a lot of goodwill. But he is already going into his 4th season... so he knows the timeline.

Six more guaranteed years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Brendan Harris is our DoR, and honestly he probably doesn't have the organizational chops to handle that at this point in his career even if he wanted to.

I'm so far behind the times. I kept thinking you guys still had that guy on staff who has the twitter thing about shusshing in order to say that you got a (silent) commit or something. I am obviously forgetting his name.

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

I hear you.  I feel that that might make sense for a coach still climbing the ladder. I suppose the only (and obviously very important) reason for Jimbo to bail and go to LSU would be if he thought he could more likely win a ring there than at A&M. Didn't LSU try to land him in the past but he refused? or the timing didn't work out for some reason? If LSU sputters this season and Jimbo has 10 wins, I imagine he would feel just fine staying put.  Beyond winning, would LSU be able to buy out his contract or pay him more than he is getting paid right now? Desirability is also in terms of $$, on, especially as Jimbo is in his mid-50s now.

I suppose the only (and obviously very important) reason for Jimbo to bail and go to LSU would be if he thought he could more likely win a ring there than at A&M.

i mean...

Animated GIF

Beyond winning, would LSU be able to buy out his contract or pay him more than he is getting paid right now?

uh bad news on this front for you

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/22/17769874/jimbo-fisher-texas-a-m-contract

3WTXO3Qm

you think LSU, who takes money from anywhere and everywhere else under the sun for their football program, can't find money for a new coach?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

I'm so far behind the times. I kept thinking you guys still had that guy on staff who has the twitter thing about shusshing in order to say that you got a (silent) commit or something. I am obviously forgetting his name.

Bryan Carrington. USC gave him a coaching role to move to LA.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, NoName said:

i mean...

Animated GIF

uh bad news on this front for you

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/22/17769874/jimbo-fisher-texas-a-m-contract

3WTXO3Qm

you think LSU, who takes money from anywhere and everywhere else under the sun for their football program, can't find money for a new coach?

Sure, let them hire Jimbo away from A&M. :) No skin off my back! :D

I assume that would mean they'll pay him and his staff more than he/they are making at A&M. Salary escalation ladder and what not..

• Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

I hear you.  I feel that that might make sense for a coach still climbing the ladder. I suppose the only (and obviously very important) reason for Jimbo to bail and go to LSU would be if he thought he could more likely win a ring there than at A&M. Didn't LSU try to land him in the past but he refused? or the timing didn't work out for some reason? If LSU sputters this season and Jimbo has 10 wins, I imagine he would feel just fine staying put.  Beyond winning, would LSU be able to buy out his contract or pay him more than he is getting paid right now? Desirability is also in terms of $$, on, especially as Jimbo is in his mid-50s now.

As NoName highlighted, you had to have known about his zero buyout. It's one of the big items A&M had to give him for him after he visited College Station and saw what he was walking into. He had to have a zero cost escape clause if $75M guaranteed wasn't enough to overcome having to be there.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

As NoName highlighted, you had to have known about his zero buyout. It's one of the big items A&M had to give him for him after he visited College Station and saw what he was walking into. He had to have a zero cost escape clause if $75M guaranteed wasn't enough to overcome having to be there.

It would seem that A&M bent over backward and gave Jimbo all he wanted in order to get him to move to B/CS. They even funded his staffing needs to the point of being able to afford one of the highest paid DC's. Jimbo would really have to be tired of B/CS or feel he has plateaued out...all outward appearances make it seem otherwise.

Sure, LSU has the winning history as a program. But what's the program's situation at the moment they seek out Jimbo? The instability, the stench... seems like a tough time to go there.  Jimbo can likely win more there than he can at A&M, if long history is indicator; in the short span, if he wins against LSU this season, he will be what, 3-1 against LSU. 

I wonder what all points are important for a coach like Jimbo (where he is in his career, the money he has, etc.) when making the decision to stay put or jump for another program. If LSU program has some stench around it for legal wrongdoings, and Jimbo has managed to make A&M relevant in SEC West, I wonder whether he decides next year is the time to move to Baton Rouge. Maybe he does.

Then there is also that thing about Elko, and whether he sticks around (likely not) beyond this season. Would Jimbo be able to land another DC he likes, or does he feel that with Elko leaving (and taking some key staff with him?), that he may be best served to leave and end up at LSU?

Seems possible; not sure how probable, but is possible.

• Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

I asked because I wonder if UT would have wanted to hire Jimbo.

We already had Jimbo here once. His name was Mack Brown and he thoroughly pantsed your team on the field, in recruiting and just about in every way imaginable. Then we fired him a few years after winning a national championship and playing for another because we thought he had become too mediocre.

Not that we'd expect you to understand any of that.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

It would seem that A&M bent over backward and gave Jimbo all he wanted in order to get him to move to B/CS. They even funded his staffing needs to the point of being able to afford one of the highest paid DC's. Jimbo would really have to be tired of B/CS or feel he has plateaued out...all outward appearances make it seem otherwise.

Sure, LSU has the winning history as a program. But what's the program's situation at the moment they seek out Jimbo? The instability, the stench... seems like a tough time to go there.  Jimbo can likely win more there than he can at A&M, if long history is indicator; in the short span, if he wins against LSU this season, he will be what, 3-1 against LSU. 

I wonder what all points are important for a coach like Jimbo (where he is in his career, the money he has, etc.) when making the decision to stay put or jump for another program. If LSU program has some stench around it for legal wrongdoings, and Jimbo has managed to make A&M relevant in SEC West, I wonder whether he decides next year is the time to move to Baton Rouge. Maybe he does.

Then there is also that thing about Elko, and whether he sticks around (likely not) beyond this season. Would Jimbo be able to land another DC he likes, or does he feel that with Elko leaving (and taking some key staff with him?), that he may be best served to leave and end up at LSU?

I'm not sure if you realize this but your program hasn't played in a conference championship game since 1998 and has only finished higher than 3rd in their own division like twice. You haven't won a national title since 1939 and only have 4 top 4 finishes ever.

You're closer to Texas Tech/Arkansas/ than you are Texas/LSU/Bama/Oklahoma.

10 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

It would seem that A&M bent over backward and gave Jimbo all he wanted in order to get him to move to B/CS.

no offense but it is a fucking stupid contract ($75m / 10 years) that has zero offsets and zero buyouts in place. it's too long and guarantees that anything short of a national championship is a failure and that after about year 5 the pressure ramps up even higher than it is today.

seriously, it's the stupidest contract and clauses i've seen since kevin sumlin somehow negotiated his payout if fired to be a lump sum instead of spreading it out over X months / years or the rest of the contract.

I’ve been reading this forum for several months and I joined just to say - what the fuck are you doing here? Run back to the sheep fuckers, you stupid gomer. Nobody gives a shit about your aggy take. I swear to god, even reading these godawful retard takes makes me dumber. 

Edited by LonghornLurker
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

42 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

What buyout?  There is no buyout if Jimbo leaves for another job. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I'm not sure if you realize this but your program hasn't played in a conference championship game since 1998 and has only finished higher than 3rd in their own division like twice. You haven't won a national title since 1939 and only have 4 top 4 finishes ever.

You're closer to Texas Tech/Arkansas/ than you are Texas/LSU/Bama/Oklahoma.

How does any of that matter to a coach's decision of whether to stay or go? It's not like Jimbo didn't know the program history of A&M when he took the job.

• Fuck You 1

I find it interesting that Jimbo didn't get a raise after the Sugar Bowl win this year. He's always been one to renegotiate and push for more, and Aggy would've done so happily given they have zero leverage over him. Total wishcasting but I wonder if they insisted on a buyout and he said nah I'm good with the current deal.

Also wonder if Jimbo would consider USC if it opens up. Different region but talk about a place where you should be able to rise to the top quickly...

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

We already had Jimbo here once. His name was Mack Brown and he thoroughly pantsed your team on the field, in recruiting and just about in every way imaginable. Then we fired him a few years after winning a national championship and playing for another because we thought he had become too mediocre.

Not that we'd expect you to understand any of that.

Which brings up a good point-- it'll be interesting to see how Mack Brown does at UNC versus how Sark does at UT. I wonder if some at UT will still wish they kept FUPM or they they'd have brought him in now, after he apparently got his head on straight again.

Regardless, good to know that you don't think you would be happy to have Jimbo in Austin (and Jimbo, not Mack Brown).  So you would be ok to see Jimbo go to LSU and win a championship there...but just be glad to see him leave B/CS? :D

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I find it interesting that Jimbo didn't get a raise after the Sugar Bowl win this year. He's always been one to renegotiate and push for more, and Aggy would've done so happily given they have zero leverage over him. Total wishcasting but I wonder if they insisted on a buyout and he said nah I'm good with the current deal.

Also wonder if Jimbo would consider USC if it opens up. Different region but talk about a place where you should be able to rise to the top quickly...

if USC wouldn't hire Urban, they sure as hell aren't even sniffing around Jimbo

Just now, PHLaggie said:

Which brings up a good point-- it'll be interesting to see how Mack Brown does at UNC versus how Sark does at UT. I wonder if some at UT will still wish they kept FUPM or they they'd have brought him in now, after he apparently got his head on straight again.

Regardless, good to know that you don't think you would be happy to have Jimbo in Austin (and Jimbo, not Mack Brown).  So you would be ok to see Jimbo go to LSU and win a championship there...but just be glad to see him leave B/CS? :D

no one who has followed these situations thinks that. if they do, they weren't paying attention to Mack "killing himself" on the trail at the end. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Viper said:

why would Jimbo care about goodwill from running his mouth off when he has a guaranteed 6 more years on his contract?

1 hour ago, PHLaggie said:

see, that's been the standard narrative on Jimbo and his contract with A&M.  Which is why what CTJ wrote makes little sense. Why would he leave the comforts of a 10 year guaranteed deal only to go over to LSU who would be desperate and impatient after having fired Ogre. Heck, Ags are happy just to have gotten into one NY6 bowl game and winning it...that likely bought Jimbo a couple more years of cushion already. His whole take on Jimbo felt off a bit.

59 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

48 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

Sure, let them hire Jimbo away from A&M. :) No skin off my back! :D

I assume that would mean they'll pay him and his staff more than he/they are making at A&M. Salary escalation ladder and what not..

After this year, Jimbo will have added $30MM to whatever his worth was prior to taking the job. He can make decision based purely on what he wants. 

How much did he want to go to A&M? Aggies promised $7.5MM a year with no buyout. Aggies chose to celebrate their enormous wealth in making such a lopsided deal. Aggies chose not to consider what it means that it took such a vast offer to get a name coach to come to College Station. Looking beyond Harris County for a coach gave A&M a nasty lesson in just how unattractive the position there is.

Now he can walk, no sweat. 

47 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

I imagine he was in the conversation when Mack left. I don't know about when we hired Herman. Herman was the hottest name in football and likely wouild have gone to LSU had we not snatched him up first. I had high hopes. Dashed as usual.

11 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

How does any of that matter to a coach's decision of whether to stay or go? It's not like Jimbo didn't know the program history of A&M when he took the job.

Of course, he knew. Thus the absurd salary.

Your "just asking questions" approach to posting approaches trolling. You really didn't know about the no buy out? C'mon.

• Hook 'Em 1

Bobby Burton was having a fit that UT hired Strong instead of Jimbo because his sources were telling him Jimbo would come. I think Burton intimated that the search firm, Korn-Ferry ruled him out for whatever reason (maybe Texas brass at the time didn't want to deal with bags?, maybe the failure to discipline Winston during his time on campus?, maybe they caught wind of the weird stuff with him and Candy? I dunno)

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

I'm fine with Jimbo staying in CS. He isn't going to win shit there. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Regarding Elko, he hasn’t exactly received big time HC offers, but does he have HC aspirations or is he more of a Venables type? Content to stick around at DC and make $2 million a year. 

Elko and Henson demonstrate hiring competency at Aggy in my opinion. Even if our prayers were answered and Elko was hired away, I think Jimbo/Aggy would hire a qualified replacement. 

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Regarding Elko, he hasn’t exactly received big time HC offers, but does he have HC aspirations or is he more of a Venables type? Content to stick around at DC and make $2 million a year. 

Elko and Henson demonstrate hiring competency at Aggy in my opinion. Even if our prayers were answered and Elko was hired away, I think Jimbo/Aggy would hire a qualified replacement. 

hes looking for the right job. he has interviewed and is probably gone after this year.

who will win their next championship first, LSU or UT?

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

That's not relevant to the topic at hand because both will win their next championship before A&M.

No, it's not relative, but it will be Texas...

11 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

As NoName said, I think the feeling among the fan base is that Elko is gone after this season if the right job opens up for him. Elko is I think in his early 40s, so it's not like his boat has come and gone and he is "forever" content to stay at DC. Having said that, I have no insider info and no insight into Elko's thinking about his future plans. It would be great to maintain the upswing in D and the stability of having the same D and some of the same D position coaches, and seeing improvement year after year.

• Fuck You 1

The bolded,. I'm surprised he hasn't offed himself already having to coach aggy AND live in the feed lot known as Collie station.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Your "just asking questions" approach to posting approaches trolling. You really didn't know about the no buy out? C'mon.

honestly, i am a bit removed geographically and in the last many months, mentally (got a few other priorities in life :) ) to remember whether I knew this or didn't, but can honestly say that I didn't recall it during this conversation before it was brought up. And to me, like I mentioned above, it's no skin off my back. If anything, it just goes to make my point, to a degree, that Jimbo has it as good as he wants at A&M and LSU likely will have to sweeten the pot more... especially if they seek Jimbo when their program is in a tailspin.

• Fuck You 1

41 minutes ago, Viper said:

Bobby Burton was having a fit that UT hired Strong instead of Jimbo because his sources were telling him Jimbo would come. I think Burton intimated that the search firm, Korn-Ferry ruled him out for whatever reason (maybe Texas brass at the time didn't want to deal with bags?, maybe the failure to discipline Winston during his time on campus?, maybe they caught wind of the weird stuff with him and Candy? I dunno)

He was definitely on the table. If memory serves he was ruled out at some point for covering up rape on campus and general runaway program shenanigans. Texas fears that greatly. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

The bolded,. I'm surprised he hasn't offed himself already having to coach aggy AND live in the feed lot known as Collie station.

no quarrel there. I wouldn't want to live in Sing Sing On The Brazos either.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

What buyout?  There is no buyout if Jimbo leaves for another job. 

Forget it, he's aggy.  Just like the rest of them, if it ever hits them collectively, and they finally realize what it means, they'll all spontaneously combust.

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Because LSU is a lot more desirable job  than coaching football at Texas A&M and even trying to compare the two is literally stupid. 

I doubt LSU is itching to hire a guy who was behind in the fourth quarter to a UNC team largely featuring second team underclassmen that had not started before from how many starters sat out.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

1 hour ago, Viper said:

42 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

He was definitely on the table. If memory serves he was ruled out at some point for covering up rape on campus and general runaway program shenanigans. Texas fears that greatly. 

Fisher was on the short list to replace Brown and was interested in the job. He failed the background check element of the job search in about every possible way and was therefore never seriously pursued after that research. 

Why did he fail the background check? There were multiple reasons. He was involved at the time in covering up rape, paying players, heavy drinking fighting with the FSU administration, fighting with boosters and going through the early stages of what would eventually be a divorce, with the poorly kept secret that his wife was fucking anything that walked and he was looking the other way. He also came across as a hillbilly and KF assessed that he’d be an unlikely cultural fit at Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

The other Georgia 5* commit that visited with Bear to aggy just decommited.

Hilarious. Georgia kid that didn't even have an Aggy offer until a month ago, makes one visit and about to flip. Not suspicious at all...

I will be thoroughly entertained when Kirby decides to go scorched earth and drop bags on all the big Aggy targets. That is, if he, Saban, Ogre, and Mullen don't just send the SEC/NCAA after them first.

Also how amazingly screwed up is college football recruiting - a UGA alum, Nick Williams, leaves his job at UGA for a new opportunity (totally fair up to here), then immediately cheats his ass off to poach two guys who were committed to UGA. Basically, fuck you alma mater, fuck you coaches who gave me a shot, I'm going to specifically target your guys and stab you in the back, cheating while I do it. Pulling shit like that in the corporate world would have you blackballed for life

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Fisher was on the short list to replace Brown and was interested in the job. He failed the background check element of the job search in about every possible way and was therefore never seriously pursued after that research. 

Why did he fail the background check? There were multiple reasons. He was involved at the time in covering up rape, paying players, heavy drinking fighting with the FSU administration, fighting with boosters and going through the early stages of what would eventually be a divorce, with the poorly kept secret that his wife was fucking anything that walked and he was looking the other way. He also came across as a hillbilly and KF assessed that he’d be an unlikely cultural fit at Texas. 

KKL trying to fit in on this board would have been gold, though. 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Fisher has a growing concern that you can't actually win at ATM. If they buy a bunch of top 3 classes and still can't get it over the hump, he doesn't want to miss a shot in Baton Rouge. Will see how the window works out. ATM isn't kicking ass in the portal because a) they've not planned for it well and are scouting and reacting within it poorly and b) players who have been on campuses somewhere and already gotten paid aren't as gung ho to further relegate themselves into a new shithole. This is a tell to the staff at this point that it's not exactly an equitable shangri-la to recruit to compared to places like Austin, Los Angeles or football hotbeds with rabid fans that aren't also fucking weirdos. 

That's all shit to watch.

I have been speaking this into existence with my aggy friends for years, glad there may actually be some legs to Jimbo bolting for lsu

48 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I will be thoroughly entertained when Kirby decides to go scorched earth and drop bags on all the big Aggy targets. That is, if he, Saban, Ogre, and Mullen don't just send the SEC/NCAA after them first

Saban won’t turn on Jimbo. I think Kirby is close with him too.  It will need to be one of the young guys that go after him and they don’t have that power. 

Edited by EZ$

3 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

As NoName said, I think the feeling among the fan base is that Elko is gone after this season if the right job opens up for him. Elko is I think in his early 40s, so it's not like his boat has come and gone and he is "forever" content to stay at DC. Having said that, I have no insider info and no insight into Elko's thinking about his future plans. It would be great to maintain the upswing in D and the stability of having the same D and some of the same D position coaches, and seeing improvement year after year.

I think the bigger fear for you is Elko taking Robinson to be on his defensive staff.

4 hours ago, LonghornLurker said:

I’ve been reading this forum for several months and I joined just to say - what the fuck are you doing here? Run back to the sheep fuckers, you stupid gomer. Nobody gives a shit about your aggy take. I swear to god, even reading these godawful retard takes makes me dumber. 

I will give @PHLaggie this...at least he has the balls to post. Texum aggy is loserville.

giphy-1.gif

4 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Agree. He has aggy by the balls. Why renegotiate?

I would pay good money to see the culture clash of Jizzbo coaching USC in his pressed high water wranglers, open collar sweater and boots.

Spoiler

Some more news and notes and a few thoughts from yours truly:

• Tremendous nucleus of eager and effective recruiters in this class. I'm talking about the guys in town this weekend, like Donovan Green‍, Bobby Taylor‍, Conner Weigman‍, PJ Williams‍, Malick Sylla‍ and Isaiah Sategna‍. If this class ends up soaring into the top five and perhaps even higher, the work the group of commitments did this weekend (and will continue to do) will be looked back on as a big part of the reason why.

• The same can be said for the current Aggie players. Leon O'Neal, Haynes King and the rest of the contingent of official hosts (plus plenty of guys who weren't hosting but were still very active on the recruiting side of things) did a pretty remarkable job of making it very clear why Texas A&M is an emerging powerhouse under Jimbo Fisher. They are fully committed to the cause, believe in where things are heading and are taking a more personal interest in the future of the program than any group I believe I've seen since maybe the mid-90s.

If this class ends up soaring into the top five and perhaps even higher, the work the group of commitments did this weekend (and will continue to do) will be looked back on as a big part of the reason why.

• The energy is real. Another big part of that is Fisher's coaching staff, which returned intact and includes several new additions. Nick Williams was a monster addition from Georgia and is already making a name for himself as an emerging star in the recruiting ranks. Antonio Cromartie brings the highest level of NFL success and knowledge to the table, and recruits are taking notice. 

• One more important point as far as the 'new staff' is concerned: Remember, the guy who heads up this entire recruiting effort — former UGA staffer Marshall Malchow — was hired just before the pandemic last year, as were James Coley, Tyler Santucci, TJ Rushing and Tommie Robinson. These guys have been in Aggieland for over a year, but this was basically the first big recruiting weekend any have been a part of while wearing Maroon & White. Malchow and the recruiting team did a pretty incredible job when it came to the layout, presentation, message and overall OV experience for a star-studded group.

• From top to bottom, these guys are damn good at what they do, and the investment in allowing Fisher to essentially construct a second recruiting team is going to pay monster dividends. It already is, in fact.

On to some actual recruiting notes...

• I mentioned on Saturday night that two guys who were having outstanding visits were Beaumont Westbrook cover man Bryce Anderson‍ and Arizona defensive lineman Anthony Lucas‍. These are probably the two guys the Ags made the biggest surge for over the weekend as far as the official visitors are concerned. Lucas will visit Notre Dame next weekend, and it sure feels like this is going to be an Aggie/Irish battle. While we were first to break Lucas' intentions to officially visit College Station, I don't feel like we've mentioned the Scottsdale prospect enough. He's an absolute screaming take for the A&M staff, and the 6-6, 300-pounder blew the Aggies away with his physical attributes and his personality/disposition. 

• Anderson will visit Texas and a surging Alabama, and the Horns, Tide and Bayou Bengals from Baton Rouge will all be legitimate players in this one. The Ags made a strong push here, but there's still a long way to go in the five-star DB’s recruitment. Still, there's something about this one that has me thinking Anderson ultimately ends up playing in the SEC West while also staying home in Texas.

• He's going to visit at least USC and probably even take a couple of more trips, but I still feel the best about the Ags' chances of picking up a mid-summer commit from Fort Bend Marshall WR Chris Marshall‍. The game-changing wideout and Pilot Point LB Ish Harris‍ (he'll visit OU and Texas but was in College Station this weekend instead of making a scheduled trip to Miami) are the two prospects off of a star-studded opening-weekend visit list who are most likely to be Aggies, IMO.

0136402-bdup-240x135.jpg
Jamie Maury, TexAgs
Linebacker Harold Perkins is one of Texas A&M’s priority targets, and by all accounts, his visit to College Station went extremely well for the Aggies’ efforts.

Harold Perkins‍' visit was tremendous, and the Ags continue to sit in an enviable position with the five-star linebacker. However, Perk still plans to take visits, and anytime the likes of LSU and Alabama are involved, nothing is guaranteed. That said, I love A&M's chances here, and Mike Elko, Tyler Santucci, Fisher and Co. are doing a great job. Harold also seems like a 'fit' in Aggieland and always has...and having close friends like Conner Weigman, Donovan Green and LJ Johnson Jr‍ in his ear doesn't hurt either.

• Tyler Legacy RB Jamarion Miller‍ was a late addition to the OV list and a guest that Jimbo Fisher and Tommie Robinson were particularly excited about getting on campus. Howell is slated to speak with Jamarion this morning, and it's going to be interesting to hear how things went in College Station and what it means to the Ags' chances. Entering the weekend, Miller was thought by some to be leaning Alabama's way but not close to reaching any decision, with the Florida Gators also very much in play. On Sunday, Bama took a commitment from another Aggie RB target and one of the nation's absolute best in Louisiana ball-carrier LeVeon Moss‍. While Bama has been known to push the envelope at particular positions in the past, Moss joining the class this early has a chance to knock the Tide down a peg or potentially lead to Saban and Co. tapping the brakes a little when it comes to their pursuit of the East Texas runner. And you guys know how I feel about a head-to-head against Dan Mullen's Gators for a Texas product.

• I'll keep this very important piece of info very short and very sweet: It would be a colossal understatement to simply say the Ags are making up ground on Georgia for current Bulldog commits Bear Alexander‍ and Deyon Bouie‍. The two borderline five-star defenders had incredible unofficial experiences (Big Bear actually worked out, as well), and both intend to return in an official capacity at a later date. 

• Imagine the A&M defensive class if the nucleus were to involve a half dozen or so visitors from this weekend alone? Malick Sylla, Anthony Lucas, Bobby Taylor, Harold Perkins, Bryce Anderson and both Bear and Smoke. That's a pretty unbelievable amount of Wrecking Crew talent on hand for one weekend.

• Class of 2023 defensive end Anthony James‍ went through a private workout this week for the Aggie coaches. It was the longtime A&M commit's first time to get to visit with the staff in person, and he's more locked in with the Maroon & White than ever as a result. James, who canceled a visit to Texas that was scheduled for this weekend, was extremely impressive during his private workout. He's a gifted athlete at end and proved that and then some with a head-turning session.

• The Ags worked out several prospects last week and into the weekend. A couple definitely worth mentioning are Richmond (VA) WR Andre Greene Jr.‍ and Leesburg (GA) DT Omar White. Greene is a nationally-recruited pass-catcher who is drawing heavy interest from the likes of OU, ND, Oregon, LSU, Clemson and North Carolina, among others. After a strong workout, it's going to be interesting to see how much of a player the Ags are moving forward and how hard Dameyune Craig and Co. decide to push with guys like Marshall, Antwi and Brenen Thompson‍ firmly in play. Greene is a perfect example of why you never assume you know how things could shake out at a given position when trying to handicap A&M recruiting under Jimbo Fisher.

• Leesburg (GA) DT Omar White worked out on the same day that Big Bear did, and the youngster was pretty damn impressive. He's a class of 2024 target, but the 6-4, 330-pounder already holds offers from Arkansas, Florida, Penn State and others. Thanks to Nick Marshall and the other Georgia connections on staff (which seem to be growing in numbers by the day), the Ags are already a serious player and will be for the next couple of years.

• As Howell noted, the Ags were happy to host Hawaii LB Tausili Akana‍ for a day and promptly offered the national top-50 prospect from the Class of 2023. Akana is basically touring most of the power programs in the south right now so getting him on campus was probably a must if the Ags intend on being any kind of player down the road.

0137303-airn-240x135.jpg
TexAgs
Duncanville OL Jaylen Early is now planning on taking an official visit to Texas A&M.

• Duncanville OL Jaylen Early‍ has remained squarely on Josh Henson's radar for a while now and told Howell yesterday that he plans to officially visit Aggieland in a couple of weeks. While most of the OL conversation has centered around Kelvin Banks‍ and Kam Dewberry‍, Early, Allen's Neto Umeozulu‍ , and Austin Akins tackle Nikolas Hall‍ are all still very much in play for the Maroon Goons. Don't sleep on Hall, by the way. He left a very strong impression on both Henson and Fisher last week, checking in at 6-6 and just north of 300 pounds while moving exceptionally well. Outstanding bend, flexibility and length, and he's a guy who compares pretty favorably to a recent Fisher favorite in Dan Moore.

Denver Harris‍ was scheduled for an official, canceled, then posted on his IG account that he was coming to A&M for an unofficial over the weekend. He never made his way to College Station, and I'm not sure he will. Texas fans will love reading my previous sentence, but they won't like the next one. That's because the Aggies, Horns and everyone else will have a very hard time keeping the five-star corner from choosing Alabama.

• Couple of interesting notes out of Baton Rouge: Allen DE David Hicks‍ — a prime-time A&M target from the '23 ranks and an unofficial visitor at TAMU a week ago — was reportedly a camp star in Death Valley. He'll be here at the end of the week looking to do the same in College Station. Additionally, prime-time Aggie OL targets and Texans Kelvin Banks and Kam Dewberry were both in Baton Rouge, meeting with newly-hired position coach Brad Davis and a familiar face in new LSU analyst Lee Grimes. An interesting combination, to say the least, as Grimes is now recruiting directly against A&M for a pair of targets he was probably recruiting TO Aggieland in the very early stages of their recruitments. Consider LSU a real player for both, particularly Dewberry, but the Ags still have a better shot with both than I feel like they're getting from the Bathwater Bunch in Austin and even some of the national recruiting guys. The Banks recruitment feels a little like the Ags' pursuit of Deuce Fatheree a year ago.

• I've mentioned Bama a few times, and Nick Saban seems to be infiltrating Texas this year more than perhaps ever before, which makes sense when you consider that this is the deepest Lone Star talent pool in recent memory. Another reason might have a little to do with Saban wanting to absolutely pants Steve Sarkisian on the recruiting front. Either way, Dirty Nick and the Boys are going all out for Anderson, Denver Harris, Texas commit BJ Allen and Aggie legacy Terrance Brooks‍ in the secondary. Former Longhorn assistant Jay Valai — a Texas native — is leading the Tide charge here. The combination of Valai and former Bama standout and Pope John Paul II head coach George Teague are a big part of the reason why the Tide seem to be rising with Brooks. The Ags are still working tirelessly to get Terrance on campus for an official, and the next week or two will be pretty telling as far as this head-scratcher or recruitment is concerned.

• As far as upcoming visitors go, the list of campers combined with another round of weekend officials is going to be absolutely insane. The scheduled list of weekend visitors includes a couple of Aggie commits plus borderline five-star WR Kojo Antwi out of Georgia, Lake Charles RB TreVonte Citizen‍, Coram Deo DT Jadon Scarlett‍, Pilot Point LB Ish Harris‍, Lexington S/ATH Jarred Kerr‍, and five-star safety Xavier Nwankpa‍ out of Iowa. You can also expect a surprise or two, including a couple of high-profile prospects committed elsewhere in the SEC. Another monster weekend on tap for the Ags.

• Hook 'Em 1