Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Sir Yacht is less connected than I am, fucking rap game Larry is more connected and I know that for a fact...that guy should be muted or blocked on Twitter. He guesses till he is right and then deletes his misses and blasts what is correct (and obvious). He is not an insider in any form or fashion

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

• Hook 'Em 6

Urban has said two things when taking over a job: (1) he keeps the D coordinator. He has praised Ash as the best coordinator hire of 2020; (2) there is a senior quarterback on the roster. Urban also had high praise for Sam last week, and while there has been some speculation, Sam has not closed the door completely on a return for 2021. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

Urban has said two things when taking over a job: (1) he keeps the D coordinator. He has praised Ash as the best coordinator hire of 2020; (2) there is a senior quarterback on the roster. Urban also had high praise for Sam last week, and while there has been some speculation, Sam has not closed the door completely on a return for 2021. 

Please no.  Unless every fucking QB transfers. 

3 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

both interesting point

everything is so fucking quiet, that is why Night Crew fucks shit up....

Gotta keep it interesting up in hurr

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Bigbend1812 said:

Please no.  Unless every fucking QB transfers. 

Uh yeah, we’re probably looking at a QB room of Card and Wright next year if Card beats out Thompson and Sam doesn’t return. JQJ already in the portal and halfway to SMU. Careful what you wish for. 

Sam could put up monster numbers next year with a well executed RPO scheme. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Wait if we get Urban that means Sam stays and some people are not on board? I know some people are not on TeamSam, but fuck, even if you thought he was the second coming of Uncle Rico, wouldn't you take that if it meant Urban was coming?

Of course I would.  Urban would max Sam out.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, MoJames said:

Wait if we get Urban that means Sam stays and some people are not on board? I know some people are not on TeamSam, but fuck, even if you thought he was the second coming of Uncle Rico, wouldn't you take that if it meant Urban was coming?

For me it is like this: UM has proven he knows what he is doing. The last decade has proven we don't know what we are doing. If he thinks keeping Sam is what we need to do to win the CCG and be in the CFP then we keep Sam. If he thinks we need to roll with another QB we will do that. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

For me it is like this: UM has proven he knows what he is doing. The last decade has proven we don't know what we are doing. If he thinks keeping Sam is what we need to do to win the CCG and be in the CFP then we keep Sam. If he thinks we need to roll with another QB we will do that. 

I could see Tebow type packages for Sam and roll with card in the majority 

Edited by TexasGolf

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

In Urban We Trust

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TexasGolf said:

I could see Tebow type packages for Sam and roll with card in the majority 

Just now, TBD said:

In Urban We Trust

I can see it working if that is the way that Urban wants to roll. No doubt he has at the very least been looking at film. He is very big on the EYE test. He has been extremely complimentary of Sam on the Fox Saturday show. On multiple occasions, he referred to him as a true warrior and leader. This does not mean he would keep Sam or convince him to stay but he has said nothing but good things about Sam all year. Zip about Herman specifically but plenty on why our team has failed and how it has failed Sam even. 

21 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Sir Yacht is less connected than I am, fucking rap game Larry is more connected and I know that for a fact...that guy should be muted or blocked on Twitter. He guesses till he is right and then deletes his misses and blasts what is correct (and obvious). He is not an insider in any form or fashion

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

Indefinite reference.  Which "that guy" should be muted or blocked?  Sir Yacht or RGL?  I'm guessing the former but just wanting to clarify.

2 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Indefinite reference.  Which "that guy" should be muted or blocked?  Sir Yacht or RGL?  I'm guessing the former but just wanting to clarify.

Just mute the guy with the yankee baseball player avatar and you'll be set.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Whats the talk on where Sam would be drafted?  Will he be after this year? He went from Heisman front runner to probably won't even make all conference  

With the CUM love Sam has gotten, there's a good chance urban coming and Sam staying would change the next 10 years of Sam's life for the better. 

And if it makes Herman look bad?

I may be in the minority, but ehlinger is not an NFL QB. Sure everyone likes him bc he's as burnt orange as they get, but, objectively speaking, he a slightly above avg college QB. Not hating on him, but he's not good at reading defenses, bad pocket awareness, throws bad picks, inaccurate. Dude is tough as nails, and maybe its poor coaching with an inconsistent OL, but he's overhyped - maybe someone will take a gamble in the 6-7th round for him. If Urban can flip the switch w/ him, I'm 100% for a return. Otherwise, he needs to move on.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Sam's a better passer than Tebow + moar RPOs + Bijan starting = show me a loss!

Sign me up

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I don't think Sam stays for that to be honest.  not that he's selfish I just think he'd decide to move on.

I don't either. If Urban comes and wants Sam to stay, he wants him to stay as QB1. Knowing Urban, though, he won't hesitate to play Card and if Card proves better he might take the job.

20 minutes ago, Houston20 said:

I may be in the minority, but ehlinger is not an NFL QB. Sure everyone likes him bc he's as burnt orange as they get, but, objectively speaking, he a slightly above avg college QB. Not hating on him, but he's not good at reading defenses, bad pocket awareness, throws bad picks, inaccurate. Dude is tough as nails, and maybe its poor coaching with an inconsistent OL, but he's overhyped - maybe someone will take a gamble in the 6-7th round for him. If Urban can flip the switch w/ him, I'm 100% for a return. Otherwise, he needs to move on.

Agree that Sam has been maddeningly inconsistent at times, but there's no reason he can't improve his performance with better coaching and play calling. He reminds me of a Tebow or Taysom Hill. Good college QB with marginal NFL potential.

But, I just want him to be the best TEXAS quarterback he can be.