Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, DFW Horn said:

Taysom Hill is probably a more accurate comparison.

I get that there isn't a large sample of mobile white QBs to compare Sam to, but Hill had wide receiver speed and Sam runs like a fullback.  Sam's TD/INT ratio and QBR are also much better.  Really the only thing they have in common is the whiteness.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TexasEx said:

Brian Jones on the ticket this morning. Commented on CDC’s vague statement. “Cake is not baked yet.” Unclear if referring to Therman firing or Urban. I choose to believe both. 

PS. Everyone should reply to Hartzell’s holiday email with #firehermanhireurban 

I've emailed Hartzell and CDC.  Probably got filtered to trash, but whatever

Just now, TexArcher said:

I get that there isn't a large sample of mobile white QBs to compare Sam to, but Hill had wide receiver speed and Sam runs like a fullback.  Sam's TD/INT ratio and QBR are also much better.  Really the only thing they have in common is the whiteness.

So you're saying Sam's more like a Matt Jones?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Well, that and the Heisman . . .

Just now, TexArcher said:

Really the only thing they have in common is the whiteness.

What about their no nonsense attitude and moxie? Are you even factoring that into the equation? I hear they are both also committed students and pillars of their communities. Leaders on and off the field. The types of guys you bring home to meet mom and dad.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

What about their no nonsense attitude and moxie? Are you even factoring that into the equation? I hear they are both also committed students and pillars of their communities. Leaders on and off the field. The types of guys you bring home to meet mom and dad.

Lunchbox.  Coach on the field.  Can't get them out of the video room.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Shoulda guessed. We just call it Jackson around here because that’s the town name. No, Cody. Could be a little regional chain, though. 
there’s a nonzero chance I move to Hamilton, MT in a month or two though. 

I'm moving to Darby in January.  Let's get the Bitterroot Texas Exes chapter going.

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Well, Texas' defense sure made Hill look like the 2nd coming of VY. /noracist

I don't know what their 40 times are, but Hill definitely looked faster. Good to know Sam is/was the better passer. That should excite UM.

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This board will go insane if Meyer is announced....for a different program.

Not really.  Most will just go away.  There will be a dedicated circle of 6 or 7 of ya'll doing your impersonations of Satya and CTJ will be dropping breadcrumbs of how Texas blew it behind the scenes....

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Spill it insider.  I don't think USC or ND are options this year.  Same with Michigan.  But even if they were, I don't think he'd want to coach against tOSU every year.  So, what are you hearing?

SC is out due to the success they have had and their anti Meyer president. If Kelly leaves things could get interesting but that means he either jumped to the NFL or we hired him away so their is a 50% chance we would be ok in that scenario. Also if he was doing tOSU any favors by waiting no way he jumps to their biggest rival. 

10 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Not really.  Most will just go away.  There will be a dedicated circle of 6 or 7 of ya'll doing your impersonations of Satya and CTJ will be dropping breadcrumbs of how Texas blew it behind the scenes....

They've already started. To Satya's credit he hasn't been a big of as bleeding vagina as some others. 

Edited by Happy Gilmore
  • Hook 'Em 1

If Urban announces for another program, it's going to be a reflection of the fucking idiots we have in charge that cannot seem to be able to get a decent coach here.  As much as people want to blame the fans, we don't have any damn control over this program.  If Urban picks another program over us, it's because the administration wasn't able to convince a guy to take 80 millions dollars and coach a blue blood program with the most resources in the most fertile recruiting ground in the easiest fucking conference.  If he takes another college job, then the entire BoR, AD, Pres will have egg on their face.

• Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, runthebone said:

I assume there are lots of QBs who take too many crippling sacks.

Without looking at statistics, my half-baked comparisons were made with good runners/inconsistent passers in mind. But, as a few pointed out, I overrate Sam's running and underrate his passing. Maybe he's one-of-a-kind...

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

If Urban announces for another program, it's going to be a reflection of the fucking idiots we have in charge that cannot seem to be able to get a decent coach here.  As much as people want to blame the fans, we don't have any damn control over this program.  If Urban picks another program over us, it's because the administration wasn't able to convince a guy to take 80 millions dollars and coach a blue blood program with the most resources in the most fertile recruiting ground in the easiest fucking conference.  If he takes another college job, then the entire BoR, AD, Pres will have egg on their face.

Hard to argue with this.

Just now, Laxtonto said:

Hmmm... this could get fucky... how many coaches at OSU would be willing to bail if they now feel that the B1G screwed them on this??

5 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

If they're ineligible on Saturday, then it's possible they'll be ineligible for the first-round playoff game as well.  Which means their season would be done.

Which means Urban Meyer can steal their coaching staff and announce his new status as head coach at Texas as early as today or tomorrow!

Urban Meyer to Texas, oh yes indeed.  Here we go!

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Okay, who do you think is the best comparison to Ehlinger? 

Honestly, there really isn't a great one.  The Tebow one makes sense because of their running styles, but Sam's a better passer.  And we've all heard that comparison about as often as the trivia nugget that Colt's and Ship's dads were college roommates (omg).  Why does Sam need a comparison?  

Honestly, he's like Tyrone Swoopes with a melanin deficiency and a much better arm.

1 hour ago, DFW Horn said:

Yeah, we give Sam too much credit bc he's our guy. How many times was he the best QB on the field this year? Doubtful he has the measurables of either Tebow or Hill.

But, he's probably still our best option for 2021 under UM's guidance. 

I'm curious who you think on our 2020 schedule ran out a better QB against us than Ehlinger. Brock Purdy perhaps.

Just now, Laxtonto said:

Hmmm... this could get fucky... how many coaches at OSU would be willing to bail if they now feel that the B1G screwed them on this??

I wonder if bukee tech will have so many players sick with the ApocalypseVirus that they will go full aggy and DEMAND the MNC is awarded/handed to them without playing any more games!

Myopians are myopians.