Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

NIGHT CREW check in with BREAKING NEWS

>>>Tom Rinaldi goes to FOX

>>>FOX covers B12 Football

>>>Urban leaves FOX -- goes to TEXAS

>>>Rinaldi gets 1st interview with Urban

""ESPN Colleagues React to Tom Rinaldi's Shocking Departure: TRAINA THOUGHTS"

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2020/12/17/tom-rinaldi-leaves-espn-for-fox-sports-colleagues-react

Edited by LTtxfan
typo
  • Hook 'Em 9

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Looks like AAC Commission is pushing for 8 team CFG saying the deck is stacked against Group of 5. Interesting. I am cool with 8 teams and bowl games for other schools. Colin Cowherd saying it will probably just help SEC really. I’m on lunch detail. Lol. What’s for lunch?

I'm for 8 teams.  Each Power 5 conference champ is in plus three wild cards ( actually two since Notre Dame will claim one each year regardless of their record).

That leaves the committee to only pick three teams and then the pairings.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Just now on 104.9:Chad & Trey were interviewing former Longhorn and current CBS Sports analyst, Brian Jones. I missed the context of exactly what they were talking about, but whatever it was that Trey said, Brian jumped in and said "Well stay tuned, cause' I'm hearing murmurings.....".  When pressed to elaborate on said 'murmurings', Brian laughed and said you'll just have to wait.  The obvious most likely context was it was a conversation about Herman returning next year, but maybe someone who was paying better attention can fill in the blanks.

Edited by Steelers Roll Left
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

>>>Renaldi gets 1st interview with Urban

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2020/12/17/tom-rinaldi-leaves-espn-for-fox-sports-colleagues-react

I always loved this piece by Rinaldi after the 2005 Rose Bowl.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Oh no, who will try to make us cry during gameday by finding someone with cancer tangentially related to a team playing in the big game that week?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Just now on 104.9:Chad & Trey were interviewing former Longhorn and current CBS Sports analyst, Brian Jones. I missed the context of exactly what they were talking about, but whatever it was that Trey said, Brian jumped in and said "Well stay tuned, cause' I'm hearing murmurings".  When pressed to elaborate in said 'murmurings', Brian laughed and said you'll just have to wait.  The obvious most likely context was it was a conversation about Herman returning next year, but maybe someone who was paying better attention can fill in the blanks.

Thanks?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Tom will get the first exclusive interview with Urban to discuss his decision to get back into coaching and why he chose The University of Texas.  

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Just now on 104.9:Chad & Trey were interviewing former Longhorn and current CBS Sports analyst, Brian Jones. I missed the context of exactly what they were talking about, but whatever it was that Trey said, Brian jumped in and said "Well stay tuned, cause' I'm hearing murmurings".  When pressed to elaborate in said 'murmurings', Brian laughed and said you'll just have to wait.  The obvious most likely context was it was a conversation about Herman returning next year, but maybe someone who was paying better attention can fill in the blanks.

Seems odd that BJ would be coy about rumors related to the status quo. Why not just say he’s hearing Herman is coming back?

FWIW Trey is convinced Herman is gone. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Just now on 104.9:Chad & Trey were interviewing former Longhorn and current CBS Sports analyst, Brian Jones. I missed the context of exactly what they were talking about, but whatever it was that Trey said, Brian jumped in and said "Well stay tuned, cause' I'm hearing murmurings.....".  When pressed to elaborate on said 'murmurings', Brian laughed and said you'll just have to wait.  The obvious most likely context was it was a conversation about Herman returning next year, but maybe someone who was paying better attention can fill in the blanks.

I was scanning the last several pages trying to catch up, when I came across this post. I didn't read it all, but it sounded maybe promising. Can someone read it for me and let me know what it said?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I'm for 8 teams.  Each Power 5 conference champ is in plus three wild cards ( actually two since Notre Dame will claim one each year regardless of their record).

That leaves the committee to only pick three teams and then the pairings.   

This has been the right answer for going on 20 years.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

which isn't really much of an accomplishment, is it?  How's he done vs everyone else?  Sorry, beating Texas doesn't make you elite.

Simply pointing out their staff is better than ours. I don't think their QB has been better than ours at any time since Boykin was there -- unless I'm forgetting somebody.

29 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Seems odd that BJ would be coy about rumors related to the status quo. Why not just say he’s hearing Herman is coming back?

FWIW Trey is convinced Herman is gone. 

I didn't hear it but he was on The Ticket again this morning apparently saying the same thing he said last week. In response to the Musers asking about Urban telling Texas "no" Jones advised them to tap the brakes on that because he was hearing murmurs that the Urban/Texas flirtation likely wasn't over yet. I'm assuming he's simply saying the same thing as last week.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Fuck Urban has heart murmurs and a cyst on his brain! FUCK FUCK FUCK!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, stork642 said:

If this isn’t already a done deal behind the scenes than Urban is very likely using Texas to drive up the price with another program.  I feel like this is already a done deal for Texas.  They are waiting for OSUs CFP chances to expire.  

UM has gotten to marinate on our offer for a long time now. I guess he could be shopping it around the NFL. No school out there can match what we threw out.

1 minute ago, Caddox said:

UM has gotten to marinate on our offer for a long time now. I guess he could be shopping it around the NFL. No school out there can match what we threw out.

I agree that if UM wants to coach again, this is the most likely scenario. He could use our offer for leverage with the Jets or Jaguars, but I can't see another University paying him 12-14 million per. The NFL won't pay that either, but that is the one itch he hasn't scratched yet.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I didn't hear it but he was on The Ticket again this morning apparently saying the same thing he said last week. In response to the Musers asking about Urban telling Texas "no" Jones advised them to tap the brakes on that because he was hearing murmurs that the Urban/Texas flirtation likely wasn't over yet. I'm assuming he's simply saying the same thing as last week.

Murmurings...his source is surly. Happening gif.