Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

34 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Frum has a point here actually.  Yes, we had slaveholding men as Presidents.  It's not excuse, but it is a fact---they were a product of their times.  What is uniquely evil about Trump is he seems to borrow the worst traits from different eras of American history.  Like he's racist and xenophobic, but doesn't learn anything from the Enlightenment period.  He's nationalistic and isolationist, without helping our allies.  He's expansionist and revisionist and anti-immigrant without solidifying our economic footing around the globe.  He's "wealthy" but still has to pay six figures to fuck women who usually are happy to go ass-to-mouth for $50 and a ride home.  

Frum has a point here actually.  Yes, we had slaveholding men as Presidents.  It's not excuse, but it is a fact---they were a product of their times.  What is uniquely evil about Trump is he seems to borrow the worst traits from different eras of American history.  Like he's racist and xenophobic, but doesn't learn anything from the Enlightenment period.  He's nationalistic and isolationist, without helping our allies.  He's expansionist and revisionist and anti-immigrant without solidifying our economic footing around the globe.  He's "wealthy" but still has to pay six figures to fuck women who usually are happy to go ass-to-mouth for $50 and a ride home.  

That’s a long winded way of saying that trump, unlike even the slaveholding presidents, has zero good qualities.
  • Like 1

to be fair, more Americans would have gone back to work this month, or gotten brand new jobs altogether.  

But a lot of them died from Covid-19.  And dead people aren't reliable FTE's.  

32 minutes ago, sasquatch69 said:

Meanwhile, over at TexAgs.

What I appreciate is that these folks are actually and honestly speaking their minds.  They are stating the truth, and it confirms exactly what we have thought and said -- it's a cult.  Rational thought, evidence-based reasoning, cause-and-effect reasoning....NONE of those things are in play.  40% of our country has joined a cult, and there is no changing their mind.  Imagine the most awful thing you can -- live video of Trump raping and murdering their grandmother, and then their children, putting their heads on a spike and yelling MAGA!.....the Trumpkins would just join in his battlecry...."MAGA!", honored that their family members were sacrificed for their god's pleasure.

We've never seen anything like this in this country.  I don't think we survive it.

• Hook 'Em 5

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What I appreciate is that these folks are actually and honestly speaking their minds.  They are stating the truth, and it confirms exactly what we have thought and said -- it's a cult.  Rational thought, evidence-based reasoning, cause-and-effect reasoning....NONE of those things are in play.  40% of our country has joined a cult, and there is no changing their mind.  Imagine the most awful thing you can -- live video of Trump raping and murdering their grandmother, and then their children, putting their heads on a spike and yelling MAGA!.....the Trumpkins would just join in his battlecry...."MAGA!", honored that their family members were sacrificed for their god's pleasure.

We've never seen anything like this in this country.  I don't think we survive it.

i mean...it's not hyperbole, aggy basically said exactly that. 

58 minutes ago, sasquatch69 said:

This is the crux of the issue.  They are cultists.  Deep in their heart they know he's horrible, but they don't care and cannot be persuaded.  Every horrid thing that comes out about him only solidifies their support more.  They are truly, psychically broken people.

Edited by Biff Tannen
also what Brisket said
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We've never seen anything like this in this country. 

It’s shocking to me how quickly senate republicans sold out. I figured they’d be so ego driven they’d take pride in principled stances against corruption, politicizing the DOJ, firing of inspectors general, or generally taking on the President. At least relish in the news cycles. But they all shriveled and cow tow to a fucking imbecile with no governing experience 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sasquatch69 said:

In fairness, the sources in this article need to go on the record.  It won't change any minds and will be just a fart in the wind until they do.  

Though some people, like the one you posted, are beyond help.

30 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

🖕🏼

The Pentagon moved to strip funding for Stripes after Defense Secretary Mark Esper ordered a defense-wide review of spending practices in an effort to reallocate funds to prepare the military to fight a major near-peer rival, such as China or Russia. Esper defended the funding cut for the newspaper in February, telling reporters that the money would go to “higher-priority issues.”

Though Stars and Stripes is part of the Pentagon’s Defense Media Activity, the news organization retains its editorial independence and is congressionally mandated to be governed by First Amendment principles.

The house included the $15M in funding, the Senate did not include it in their funding bill.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The knee-jerk idealistic part of my brain still does not process the above very well.

When the Atlantic report came out last night, i thought, well the 40% will never believe what is being reported and will discount it as the accounts are coming from "anonymous sources". And i thought, you know, that could be a somewhat reasonable argument, if you can manage to discount what he had previously said about McCain.

But you know, if the 4 anonymous sources came forward publicly, it still wouldn't matter, just as if an audio recording surfaced of him saying these things, it still wouldn't matter. The just won't believe it or it just doesn't matter.

that being said, for the more open minded folks who are not Trump cultists yet may lean toward a voted for Trump , having four people on camera, confirming what they heard, would be much more impactful. i know these mythical creatures are far and few between, but the battle right now is for those folks and their vote.

9 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

The Pentagon moved to strip funding for Stripes after Defense Secretary Mark Esper ordered a defense-wide review of spending practices in an effort to reallocate funds to prepare the military to fight a major near-peer rival, such as China or Russia. Esper defended the funding cut for the newspaper in February, telling reporters that the money would go to “higher-priority issues.”

Though Stars and Stripes is part of the Pentagon’s Defense Media Activity, the news organization retains its editorial independence and is congressionally mandated to be governed by First Amendment principles.

The house included the $15M in funding, the Senate did not include it in their funding bill.

15 Million.  .002 of the defense budget.  Thats probably the toilet paper budget for Fort Hood.  Esper is a fucking boot-licker.  

• Hook 'Em 4

24 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I was told by a Trump supporter last night that BIDEN'S plan is cause as much election chaos as possible, and stretch the results out as far as possible past election day, and hopefully win it in the courts. 

180 degrees from reality my friend.  This is what they have done.  This is what 30 years of propaganda and demonization of "the other" has done.  I'd wager most trumpkins couldn't even name a core principle belief of their own.  All they know is everything the Dems stand for is wrong and evil.  They have no grasp of morality or decency in a realistic sense.  They are broken humans.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

So it appears that the tweet is false?  The funding cut is not proximately caused by its publication of poor "ratings" for Teh Donald?

I don't doubt that the plug was pulled in part because Trump has no use for journalism that isn't personal PR.  Also, $15M/year is completely insignificant in the DoD budget.

Still, it's inaccurate items like this from the MSM that help create and maintain the lamestream media/fake news narrative.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

180 degrees from reality my friend.  This is what they have done.  This is what 30 years of propaganda and demonization of "the other" has done.  I'd wager most trumpkins couldn't even name a core principle belief of their own.  All they know is everything the Dems stand for is wrong and evil.  They have no grasp of morality or decency in a realistic sense.  They are broken humans.

"Wouldn't Biden rather just count the votes and win in a landslide?"

"No because Trump is ahead in the polls."

"We're done here."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Arizona is turning blue because we are kicking out our undesirables like @Calihorn  to infect other states. Win-win

I only lived in Cali for a year my dude. I’ve moved around a lot.

Arizona is turning blue because Arizona is 90% urban/suburban. The suburb flight and Trump antagonizing Latino voters (which is 33% of the people living in Arizona).

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

"Wouldn't Biden rather just count the votes and win in a landslide?"

"No because Trump is ahead in the polls."

"We're done here."

IF Biden wins, we need to have a thread on what to do with these people.  I don't think they are going away.  But let's not count our chickens before they hatch.  Step 1 is all that matters right now.

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So it appears that the tweet is false?  The funding cut is not proximately caused by it's publication of poor "ratings" for Teh Donald?

I don't doubt that the plug was pulled in part because Trump has no use for journalism that isn't personal PR.  Also, $15M/year is completely insignificant in the DoD budget.

Still, it's inaccurate items like this from the MSM that help create and maintain the lamestream media narrative.

You wont ever get a truthful official reason for killing the paper, but Occam's razor suggests its related to his thin-skinned response to that S&S poll suggesting Biden being favored by the troops.  Its also the only media he has any level of control over, so hes executing it to stifle any future polls like that and/or just keep unflattering opinions or polls about dear leader out of the military's hands. 

The house had funding for S&S in their budget, the senate didn't, but the budget isn't signed.  Normally any gov't entity in the budget would get carried forward on a CR until a budget can be hashed out.  They are essentially doing an end around on the congressional budget process to kill it directly.  For 15 million.  Trump probably spent that on all his RNC bullshit from the white house. There is no real justification for that other than Trump is being a bitch because they had the audacity to report the truth.  

29 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

15 Million.  .002 of the defense budget.  Thats probably the toilet paper budget for Fort Hood.  Esper is a fucking boot-licker.  

It's 0.000022 of the defense budget.  0.0022%.

He's just completely against the free press.  He'd shut down WaPo, NYT, CNN, etc. if he could.  So much for his fucking oath of office.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

You wont ever get a truthful official reason for killing the paper, but Occam's razor suggests its related to his thin-skinned response to that S&S poll suggesting Biden being favored by the troops. 

No, this was first reported in June.  This is just anti-media bullshit on Trump's part.

6 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

You wont ever get a truthful official reason for killing the paper, but Occam's razor suggests its related to his thin-skinned response to that S&S poll suggesting Biden being favored by the troops.  Its also the only media he has any level of control over, so hes executing it to stifle any future polls like that and/or just keep unflattering opinions or polls about dear leader out of the military's hands. 

The house had funding for S&S in their budget, the senate didn't, but the budget isn't signed.  Normally any gov't entity in the budget would get carried forward on a CR until a budget can be hashed out.  They are essentially doing an end around on the congressional budget process to kill it directly.  For 15 million.  Trump probably spent that on all his RNC bullshit from the white house. There is no real justification for that other than Trump is being a bitch because they had the audacity to report the truth.  

Thing is though, it appears that the attempt to cut funding began back in February, which I think predates S&S reporting unfavorably.  It certainly predates most of the recent information that is turning the troops against him.

As I said, I don't doubt that Trump would pursue stifling any medium that isn't his personal PR.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's 0.000022 of the defense budget.  0.0022%.

He's just completely against the free press.  He'd shut down WaPo, NYT, CNN, etc. if he could.  So much for his fucking oath of office.

Agreed.  Like I said, this is the only media source he has any level of control over.  They said something bad against dear leader.  Hes punishing them for it.  

33 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So it appears that the tweet is false?  The funding cut is not proximately caused by its publication of poor "ratings" for Teh Donald?

Still, it's inaccurate items like this from the MSM that help create and maintain the lamestream media/fake news narrative.

I will concede the tweet is more speculative than i would prefer (my initial reaction to take it at face value was rash), but it would be nice to know why the Stars and Stripes' very insignificant budget is finding itself in the cross hairs of the Def. Department. Difficult to buy the argument Esper puts forth.

Edited by yoladu
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Just a bang up job controlling the pandemic 

I know a few people in O&G with high paying jobs that are being let go in the next 60 days. Most likely these are not jobs that are coming back any time soon and there are not many similar roles out there for them. Scary times. They have had long notice and will most likely have a good severance but they could be looking at lengthy unemployment times.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is the crux of the issue.  They are cultists.  Deep in their heart they know he's horrible, but they don't care and cannot be persuaded.  Every horrid thing that comes out about him only solidifies their support more.  They are truly, psychically broken people.

True.  When  viewed from this reality, it makes it much easier to understand why the GOP has become a party of cuckolds. 

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Thing is though, it appears that the attempt to cut funding began back in February, which I think predates S&S reporting unfavorably.  It certainly predates most of the recent information that is turning the troops against him.

As I said, I don't doubt that Trump would pursue stifling any medium that isn't his personal PR.

The February date was the pentagon's defense budget.  That doesnt really drive the train on funding.  Its a request for funding, but Congress ultimately decides what is and isn't getting funded.  They make changes based on pet projects, jobs in their districts, etc.  Its an opening bid on a process that ends with congress sending a budget to the WH.  

My understand is the memo directing the closure happened this week, and gave them 4 week's notice to shut down.  That is an escalation, and it comes on the heels of the S&S poll.  

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

i want out of this country.*   What the hell is happening?

*hyperbole, I guess, but I feel like this country, more and more, does not reflect my values. A good segment of this country is going to think there is absolutely nothing wrong with the above, and i just cant...  It's depressing.

Edited by yoladu
  • Hook 'Em 2

IF Biden wins, we need to have a thread on what to do with these people.  I don't think they are going away.  But let's not count our chickens before they hatch.  Step 1 is all that matters right now.

Reinstate the fairness doctrine to get Fox News and right wing talk radio under control. Put pressure on facebook and twitter to police fake news and conspiracy theory. Eventually most of them will ease back off the ledge.

There will still be conspiracy forums on other sites, but 90% of Trumpkins don't get it from there, and have no interest in even finding those sites. They get it from Facebook and Fox. We just need to shut off the spigot.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1