Matt Rhule to the Panthers

texifornia

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Ha. That’s homer silliness right there. Zeno is as mediocre as British food. 

Hell of a Roman Emperor though.

Anyway at least the NFL hired a successful Big 12 Head Coach this year. Good luck Rhule, you deserved better than Waco.

Edited by Valmy77

11 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, the only not funny part is that you absolutely know that there have already been calls made to Baylor about contacting Art Briles. They have zero morals over there. 

They're worse than OU when it comes to that kind of thing, and that's saying a lot. I truly believe that Oklahoma would stop short of being okay with mass rape. Beating women? Sure, they're cool with that. But not what happened at Baylor. Or am I giving the Sooners too much credit?

So great to share a conference and money with them.

10 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

He was reportedly over $6M/yr after his last extension, but $2.5M more a year and not having to recruit will work.

And anywhere North Carolina has to be a better place to live than Waco, 1 future pappasitos step above living in aggyland 

11 hours ago, hpslugga said:

Why?

Because nearly half the team committed >52 rapes over an extended period of time.  One of the players got kicked off his previous team for rape, then went on to rape several more at Baylor.  At least 1 victim suicided.  There's a whole bunch of motherfuckers who should be in prison right now.  

the state government should have swooped in, there should have been massive prosecutions and convictions, and the entire fucking school should have been forcibly shut down.   Then the football program would have gotten the death penalty without the NCAA lifting a finger.  

22 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

One of the players got kicked off his previous team for rape, then went on to rape several more at Baylor.  

let's not forget, he was brought on campus after they knew a rape problem already existed on campus. baylor, "hey there is fire on campus. great, throw gasoline on it."

Edited by pacman

Who cares about Baylro?

Good callback, reminds me of, I believe, the grant taeff referee screw job game in 1997 in Waco. The Baylor cheerleaders run to the sideline in front of us and hold up their signs to speak out LORBAY. Which we then begins to chant.

That was also the game where I had an old pair of jeans on which had a hole in my pocket. I got a hard on suddenly, which I was prone to do at any time back in those days, and it was sticking WAY up in my pocket.

I then asked my girlfriend to reach in my pocket to get my keys for me while my hands were in my jacket pocket. She reached in and screamed out loud. Ah good times
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

That was also the game where I had an old pair of jeans on which had a hole in my pocket. I got a hard on suddenly, which I was prone to do at any time back in those days, and it was sticking WAY up in my pocket.

I then asked my girlfriend to reach in my pocket to get my keys for me while my hands were in my jacket pocket. She reached in and screamed out loud. Ah good times

Username checks out?

• Like 2

Even with Rhule's success, how the fuck are they still unable to recruit? You would think an 11-2 record would have at least some really good talent lined up, yet I saw their commits and they're 'meh'. I know it's Baylor, but still.
At least what I read from Baylor sites is that rhule dislikes recruiting.

At a place like Baylor, even with a good record, you still have to recruit your ass off.

I have no idea if it's true that he dislikes it, but it would make sense for how much he's seemed to want to get to the NFL.

2 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

At least what I read from Baylor sites is that rhule dislikes recruiting.

At a place like Baylor, even with a good record, you still have to recruit your ass off.

I have no idea if it's true that he dislikes it, but it would make sense for how much he's seemed to want to get to the NFL.

Him making the jump to the NFL does make sense if he really does hate recruiting, and honestly I can't blame him. He's a good coach, and I wouldn't want to deal with 17-18 year olds with egos. 

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Even with Rhule's success, how the fuck are they still unable to recruit? You would think an 11-2 record would have at least some really good talent lined up, yet I saw their commits and they're 'meh'. I know it's Baylor, but still.

Baylor is still capable of pulling solid classes with an 11-2 record.  They did it before.  Rhule either sucks at or doesn't like recruiting.  It doesn't matter which and is probably a big reason why he's interviewed with the NFL every offseason and is now gone.

56 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Those egos magically go away when they are 25 and in the NFL thankfully. 

True hut he doesn't have to make sure they behave off the field. It is not a bad light on him if one of his players get into trouble at the NFL level. No NCAA constraints and dumb guidelines to abide by. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Baylor is still capable of pulling solid classes with an 11-2 record.  They did it before.  Rhule either sucks at or doesn't like recruiting.  It doesn't matter which and is probably a big reason why he's interviewed with the NFL every offseason and is now gone.

When Satan was there they had some decent classes, so I bet you're right that Rhule just sucks at it, or didn't care because he knew he was bailing anyway.