Mrs Whiggins

CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Posted (edited)

Jesus this shit about the Postal Service. It's like a typical Todd and Donn caller is president. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

Just now, Mrs Whiggins said:

"Who are you with?" seems to be a common refrain with him. Wtf does it matter?

USPS on the table.

why are you a woman and asking me a question?

This is the most important week of the pandemic in the United States so of course we are talking about the fucking post office. 

The USPS and the subsidizing of the shippers. Oooo, that's going to be interesting. Which President was in office when the routes were opened to them? I can't remember was that W? I want to say it was 2004 or 2005?

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

This is the most important week of the pandemic in the United States so of course we are talking about the fucking post office. 

Because then it's the post office's fault if people die. Didn't you read the memo?

21 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

putting a hold on funding to the WHO. during a pandemic. i mean, whatever. he's trying to blame them for his own inaction and paralysis. 

Their response to this was somewhere on the spectrum from useless to negligent. Their utility is worth examining as well as our funding of it. I would argue he should wait til after we’re out of the woods though. 

Just now, Mrs Whiggins said:

The USPS and the subsidizing of the shippers. Oooo, that's going to be interesting. Which President was in office when the routes were opened to them? I can't remember was that W? I want to say it was 2004 or 2005?

on the one hand, if the trucks have to visit every house every day, it makes sense to just have one truck do that.  on the other, privatizing the profitable part (depot to depot hauling) while socializing the money losing part (last mile delivery) strikes me as wrong. 

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

did i just hear him say that the flu of 1918 killed hundreds of millions of people?

The highest estimate I've ever seen was 100 million world wide but many believe it was lower than that.

22 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Well, see, if they had called it earlier, Trump could have sat around fingering his asshole for two months and it wouldn't have mattered.

Another accusation that is a confession.

Just now, elfenix said:

on the one hand, if the trucks have to visit every house every day, it makes sense to just have one truck do that.  on the other, privatizing the profitable part (depot to depot hauling) while socializing the money losing part (last mile delivery) strikes me as wrong. 

Between that (the profitable part), the last mile agreement with foreign nations, and having to pay the pensions out ahead so far the post office cannot ever turn a profit as far as I can tell.

Sorry for the derail. I'll stop with the USPS talk.

I don't think that it can be overstated how much of a lift launching 10 trials, with more to come, and 2 vax already in testing is.  Everybody likes to hate on Pharma, and for good reason, but mobilizing this sort of a response is a pretty awesome thing on their part. 
I do get a slight chuckle thinking of the wonder drugs that are getting put on the back burner so these trials can move forward.

Looks like we'll have to wait a like longer for better boner pills and feminine sweat reducer lotions.

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Their response to this was somewhere on the spectrum from useless to negligent. Their utility is worth examining as well as our funding of it. I would argue he should wait til after we’re out of the woods though. 

Get fucked, bootlicker.

Her manner of speaking? What are you saying Mr. President? Do you not believe African Americans are eloquent or something? Jfc.

I knew that Modly was speaking to the shitgibbon with his stupid speech. And the shitgibbon thinks he is selfless. What a fucking piece of shit. With 173 sick on the TR and knowing that their commander in chief is unfit, you gotta feel for the men and women in the Navy. Their moral must be on the floor. 

Just now, Anastasis said:

Please pan the camera to Fauci. 

I would pay money for a dedicated camera on him.

Only piece of useful information is a sample size for the NY study (I heard N=1500), although he described it as a case study.  

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

And yet you constantly defend and wholeheartedly support trump.

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

He sounds very stuffed up.

Must’ve hit a big rail of adderall before walking out there. 

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

i do agree with your stance somewhat. but the who declared covid-19 a pandemic on march 11, which is late, but the definition is what it is. trump spent the weeks before, despite being warned by his own administration and intelligence community, that this thing is fucking real and we need to get our shit together. trump knew about this in december, and wanted to wish it away, like a miracle, and soon the cases will be 0. 

trump doesn't want to rely on the international community for advice, then he cannot blame them for their response. he wants to go it alone, then he faces the music alone. fuck this hand waving at the who. 

8 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

did i just hear him say that the flu of 1918 killed hundreds of millions of people?

Never mind that the 1918 flu was not the worst pandemic ever seen.

Just now, JimmyJames said:

And yet you constantly defend and wholeheartedly support trump.

Nope. I disagree with him plenty. Don’t see the need to share that here with y’all. You have it well covered. 

7 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Cool. Now grade Trump because they did a much better job than he did. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Well, National Review, could anything be more ridiculous that POTUS pimping a drug?  Pimping a drug that is unproven, not approved, and has  dire side effects?

It would be one thing if the drug were a proven, safe and effective cure or therapy for CV19, but it is not.

Edited by TwiceHorn

"Look! All I did was endorse a candidate. "

"And all hell broke loose. Safety...For months they did nothing." Hello??? When exactly did the WH begin to change their tune on the pandemic?

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Estimates were 20-50 million dead for the 1918 influenza pandemic. But if he's using that as his benchmark, it only further proves that he is the worst President this nation has ever had.

Edited by UDontKnow

I have mixed feelings about the UN.  But, one thing I imagine is true:  by being less enthusiastic participants in UN and UN agencies, we make room for China and Russia to fuck it right the fuck up.

I have little doubt that China caused WHO to fuck this up.

4 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Nope. I disagree with him plenty. Don’t see the need to share that here with y’all. You have it well covered. 

You voted for him and plan to vote for him again. 

You disagree with him but never criticize other than coming on here and saying you disagree with him, well sometimes.

Look I know your a troll but if you’re gonna criticize the WHO response you should put a disclaimer on the bottom of the post that you are in fact a wholehearted trump supporter who voted for him and plans to vote for him again so the board has full disclosure of all the facts. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I have mixed feelings about the UN.  But, one thing I imagine is true:  by being less enthusiastic participants in UN and UN agencies, we make room for China and Russia to fuck it right the fuck up.

I have little doubt that China caused WHO to fuck this up.

Trump's "America First" approach of pulling the nation away from the UN and NATO created the opening for China and Russia to step right in. 

EDIT: Same concept for Brexit and weakening the EU. Look at what is happening in Hungary. Lastly, the WHO Director has taken bribes his entire life, even before he became the Director. He covered up disease outbreaks in Ethiopia (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/13/health/candidate-who-director-general-ethiopia-cholera-outbreaks.html). It wouldn't be that difficult for China to make him one of their agents.

Edited by UDontKnow

You know, CNN has its moments, but their show timing sucks.  The idea of Wolf Blitzer hosting the show immediately following Trump's press conferences renders that time slot virtually useless.  At least pick a host with a brain.

17 minutes ago, tchookem said:

I do get a slight chuckle thinking of the wonder drugs that are getting put on the back burner so these trials can move forward.

Looks like we'll have to wait a like longer for better boner pills and feminine sweat reducer lotions.

Maybe YOU will.  As for me, I've got an order of some jars of powdered tiger penis and an awesome lotion made out of bat blood plasma en route from China as we speak.

13 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

That is one stupid-ass straw man logical fallacy.  Because the concern is what's stated below:

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, National Review, could anything be more ridiculous that POTUS pimping a drug?  Pimping a drug that is unproven, not approved, and has  dire side effects?

It would be one thing if the drug were a proven, safe and effective cure or therapy for CV19, but it is not.

Every human on earth wants SOMETHING to work.  If it's chloroquine, great.  If it's goddamned peanut M&M's, great. If it's a teaspoon of diesel fuel, great.  The only problem we have is watching a complete fucking moron, with zero expertise in the field, with zero valid data to back him up, pimping out chloroquine/M&M's/diesel fuel and actively INSTRUCTING people to take it.  That's the fucking problem.  "What do you have to lose?"  Would you be so cavalier if he was saying this about taking a shot of diesel fuel, which might kill you?  Guess what -- the same is true of chloroquine.  Even though it's been around a long time and its performance in certain types of cases is well-understood, it's still a powerful fucking chemical that he's telling people to ingest without 1) knowing if it will help or 2) knowing if it will hurt.

Jesus shitdicks you apologists are some disingenuous dumb motherfuckers.

mpu

Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion