Patrick Bateman

2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

They didn't lose focus on the Ukraine bribe.  I don't think they'll lose focus on this.  There are going to be congressional hearings, and it's going to get ugly.

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

They didn't lose focus on the Ukraine bribe.

Ah-hah!  So you admit the bribes to Taliban warlords to kill American troops came not from Russia, but from the Ukraine!  

18 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

That and the Russian bounty thing. The Democrats should be absolutely hammering on that but as is tradition they'll lose focus and wander off to some other stupid thing.

That’s why my comfort level is much higher with the Lincoln Project team tearing him a new ass.  Throughout their illustrious history, the democrats have stolen many a defeat from the jaws of victory.  The R operatives are needed.  I know there’s far left people like BT who think there’s been far more dangerous Republicans but most of us get that nobody is more dangerous than this god damned POS.  

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:
9 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:
This is still possible.
Ebrn1kfXsAEl87F?format=jpg&name=medium

I'd say no it's not actually. There's no world where PA is more Democratic than VA or CO but Michigan stays with Trump.

Yeah there is no way Michigan votes for trump.

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

That’s why my comfort level is much higher with the Lincoln Project team tearing him a new ass.  Throughout their illustrious history, the democrats have stolen many a defeat from the jaws of victory.  The R operatives are needed.  I know there’s far left people like BT who think there’s been far more dangerous Republicans but most of us get that nobody is more dangerous than this god damned POS.  

It's not so much that there have been "far more dangerous Republicans" its that the Lincoln Project guys have pushed the same agenda that Team Trump pushes. They just do it politely.

Also, is Lincoln Project rolling these ads out on TV beyond DC?

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

It's not so much that there have been "far more dangerous Republicans" its that the Lincoln Project guys have pushed the same agenda that Team Trump pushes. They just do it politely.

The dangerous part is pitting large groups of this country against each other.  The polite thing actually matters.  Not posting racist rhetoric from official WH communication channels is a really big deal.  You can say 'same agenda' but their agenda is NOT the same as Stephen Miller's...and who do you think has more influence on this Presidency than Miller?  It's obvious he's the puppet master. 

Yeah there is no way Michigan votes for trump.
At this point I'm more or less with you, and really with you if you also say Pennsylvania is voting as D as Maryland or NY.

25 minutes ago, Foosters said:

They’re running in swing states.

mainly Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

Dems need to remember the term “ eyes on the prize” this year. The GOP might have a few curveballs in the works. They might even change candidates, but the election is bigger then trump. 

we need to win for the 2 Supreme Court justices Breyer and ginsburg. We need to preserve the house majority, we need to kick McConnell’s ugly turtle ass out of the senate majority position, and we need to win as many races / seats as possible to get the best deal in redistricting that we possibly can. No other way to say it, but the dems got raped in 2010 redistricting. Paul Ryan and company went in dry with no lube or courtesy spit, and we can’t let the GOP dominate that process for 2 cycles in a row.

Yeah I’m getting sick of the cock sucking of the Lincoln Project.

Go back and look at Rick Wilson’s tweets before he found religion - he was a odious race baiting culture war shitbag. Research what he did to Max Cleland.

The Steve guy (last name escapes me at the moment) was McCain’s campaign manager who foisted Sarah Fucking Palin on us.

They’re good for what we need right now - amoral shit slingers who will go lower than dirt to shade and attack but the almost deification of these goons and the whitewashing of their past actions is sickening.

They may have lept out of the house before it fully engulfed but those assholes were laid up in that house playing with lighter fluid and matches for decades.

I’ll applaud their mean ads and be happy they’ve turned their lack of moral compass against Trump but they will never get any of my money and come November 4, 2020 they can fuck right off.

1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

Go back and look at Rick Wilson’s tweets before he found religion - he was a odious race baiting culture war shitbag. Research what he did to Max Cleland.

The Steve guy (last name escapes me at the moment) was McCain’s campaign manager who foisted Sarah Fucking Palin on us.

They’re good for what we need right now - amoral shit slingers who will go lower than dirt to shade and attack but the almost deification of these goons and the whitewashing of their past actions is sickening.

They may have lept out of the house before it fully engulfed but those assholes were laid up in that house playing with lighter fluid and matches for decades.

I’ll applaud their mean ads and be happy they’ve turned their lack of moral compass against Trump but they will never get any of my money and come November 4, 2020 they can fuck right off.

This may be the wine talking, but why is there a Jonas brother as your avatar?

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Bunker bitch is honestly the most effective attack against Trump with his base.  All his horrible policies, scientific facts about Covid and how he’s mishandled it, collusion with Russia, shaming them about his blatant racism or stupidity - none of that moves the needle.  Making him look like a pussy or a loser works, though.  

All he is to them is their champion to fight against the libs.  Once he looks weak or loses, he loses all value to them.

Bunker Bitch and Moscow Mitch should be a chant at the DNC. Just sayin'.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pancho said:

You are just noticing this?

Edited by Biff Tannen
oh, I get the joke now, if you're joking. not up on my boy bands.

How did Abrams turn around Georgia?  The betting markets are nearly 50-50 in that state.

I still remember in 2008-2016 when nobody was talking about Georgia being competitive. It seemingly came out of nowhere, but I love it.

The answer probably also has to do with wine

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:
1 hour ago, Pancho said:

The answer probably also has to do with wine

giphy.gif

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

I don't think anyone feels any differently than your above take. I think everyone on good guy team realizes it's a temporary "enemy of my enemy" arrangement and has no intentions of aligning with them. The "cock sucking" you're referring to I think is simply being impressed at their ability to hammer the right notes against Trump.

I for one am relieved that we are (temporarily) aligned with an ally that will clearly and constantly put the right branding on Trump, because I have no faith in the Democrat Party to do so. The stuff they are putting out is harder hitting and better than anything the party has put out in four years. 

Doesn't mean I'm ready to throw on my Jeb! hat and build a bunch of private prisons and start a war in Iran.

Edited by BradInATX

How did Abrams turn around Georgia?  The betting markets are nearly 50-50 in that state.
I still remember in 2008-2016 when nobody was talking about Georgia being competitive. It seemingly came out of nowhere, but I love it.

Trump happened

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Csb/ Max Cleland and I are fraternity brothers from Florida.  One of the most impressive people I have ever met in my life.  

All that to say, I'm wondering exactly what impact Lincoln Project is having on others.  Are we who do not like Trump seeing what we want to see?  Is it getting to vulnerable Trump supporters who may be able to be turned?  Is it just motivating Biden folks?  What's the play?  

36 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I don't think anyone feels any differently than your above take. I think everyone on good guy team realizes it's a temporary "enemy of my enemy" arrangement and has no intentions of aligning with them. The "cock sucking" you're referring to I think is simply being impressed at their ability to hammer the right notes against Trump.

There is a certain segment of #Resistance Dems that seem overly in love with The Lincoln Project. These people are almost as excited to see Leftist candidates fail as they are with Republicans. 

If there was an AOC type nominee in ‘24 or ‘28, some of these Resisters/Never Berners might cross the aisle with a more palatable R candidate. It’s something to keep an eye on. 

I’m planning to get back on Facebook for the first time in 3 years this week and start posting those ads. I guess I’ll find out because most everyone I grew up with is Republican today. 

4 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Bunker bitch is honestly the most effective attack against Trump with his base.  All his horrible policies, scientific facts about Covid and how he’s mishandled it, collusion with Russia, shaming them about his blatant racism or stupidity - none of that moves the needle.  Making him look like a pussy or a loser works, though.  

All he is to them is their champion to fight against the libs.  Once he looks weak or loses, he loses all value to them.

EbC60HxXkAAS8W6?format=png&name=small

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

There is a certain segment of #Resistance Dems that seem overly in love with The Lincoln Project. These people are almost as excited to see Leftist candidates fail as they are with Republicans. 

If there was an AOC type nominee in ‘24 or ‘28, some of these Resisters/Never Berners might cross the aisle with a more palatable R candidate. It’s something to keep an eye on. 

If there was an AOC type candidate, a goos number of us here would probably join them. She's an idiot of the highest order. 

1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

If there was an AOC type candidate, a goos number of us here would probably join them. She's an idiot of the highest order. 

Lol, OK Ken

4 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I don't give a shit about their past. I give a shit about their now. They're getting my money,

After November I'll reconsider.

A Pete / Yang 20204 ticket would get my vote.

They’re young but not that young.

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Csb/ Max Cleland and I are fraternity brothers from Florida.  One of the most impressive people I have ever met in my life.  

All that to say, I'm wondering exactly what impact Lincoln Project is having on others.  Are we who do not like Trump seeing what we want to see?  Is it getting to vulnerable Trump supporters who may be able to be turned?  Is it just motivating Biden folks?  What's the play?  

Seems to me that their main value is just trolling dotard. 

I don't give a shit about their past. I give a shit about their now. They're getting my money,
After November I'll reconsider.

Their past is a big part of the reason why our present is so horrible.

And I’ll not be letting them off the hook because they’ve found a new more palatable angle to make some cash.

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

A Pete / Yang 20204 ticket would get my vote.

I don’t think either of them will be alive when 20204 rolls around. 

2 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I don’t think either of them will be alive when 20204 rolls around. 

20204, 20214. Whatever it takes. 

8 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Their past is a big part of the reason why our present is so horrible.

And I’ll not be letting them off the hook because they’ve found a new more palatable angle to make some cash.

This was a pretty good read.  Uses the Frankenstein’s monster analogy. The guys behind the Lincoln project were the ones assembling the monster on the table and now that a bolt of lightning named Trump has struck they’re scrambling to join the mob to put down their own creation.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

don yunior was on fox this morning saying the same thing that people are too scared to tell pollsters they are actually voting trump

n

13 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

i get you, but all along its just been us dems bitching.  sounds like spilled milk/sore losers ring to it.  what we've always needed is the republicans to see what we're seeing - the destruction of the constitution, the concentration of executive power, the lies, etc, but they've always stayed loyal to him.  we need more republicans to speak out against him, to take a stand for america, and say that trump has made it worse.  

51 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This was a pretty good read.  Uses the Frankenstein’s monster analogy. The guys behind the Lincoln project were the ones assembling the monster on the table and now that a bolt of lightning named Trump has struck they’re scrambling to join the mob to put down their own creation.

Democrats talking to Progressives: "Who cares if the policies aren't what you want?!?!? The important thing is to get this administration out of Washington!!!"

Democrats talking to Never Trump Republicans: "Trump is just one man, fuck you!!! Policies are what matter, not just getting one man out of office!!!"

Well drink up and get the fuck over it like the rest of us.  I gotta add “I hope my Democrat friends can work through their whittle rough patch this year?” to my terrifying 2020 heap of shit?  

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s almost as if democrats have an identity crisis. 

It's almost as if a two-party system is inherently flawed and only marginally different from a single-party system. The two-party system exists strictly to maintain power in the hands of those with power while providing Us vs Them pablum to distract the masses.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Could have just changed it to "Beware Republicans".

11 minutes ago, Llogg said:

It's almost as if a two-party system is inherently flawed and only marginally different from a single-party system. The two-party system exists strictly to maintain power in the hands of those with power while providing Us vs Them pablum to distract the masses.

We have a lot of reforms to implement. Ranked choice voting needs to happen across the country.

12 minutes ago, Llogg said:

You would get the same dynamic in a multiparty system.  Look at the UK. 

44 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Democrats talking to Progressives: "Who cares if the policies aren't what you want?!?!? The important thing is to get this administration out of Washington!!!"

Democrats talking to Never Trump Republicans: "Trump is just one man, fuck you!!! Policies are what matter, not just getting one man out of office!!!"

I feel like just about every  Democrat on this page is actually saying to Never Trumpers:

”Good Shit!  Pour it on the son of a bitch. Also, this alliance is day to day after Nov. 4.”

Nobody has any illusions that Rick Wilson, et al, aren’t going to immediately turn around an attack the Biden administration and Democrats before the 2022 election. They hate Trump, not conservatism.  For example, they’ll be banging the Iran war drum before we get to the Summer Solstice.

Edited by Bateshorn

I think what Huck is saying is a lot of democrats want to have it both ways.  They want to beat Trump but they don’t want to gamble on advancing their ideas to do it.

It’s kinda like repealing and replacing Obamacare with no plan for the replacement part.   Just a platform of destruction to victory.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

5 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I feel like just about everybody Democrat on this page is actually saying to Never Trumpers:

”Good Shit!  Pour it on the son of a bitch. Also, this alliance is day to day after Nov. 4.”

Nobody has any illusions that Rick Wilson, et al, aren’t going to immediately turn around an attack the Biden administration and Democrats before the 2022 election. They hate Trump, not conservatism.  For example, they’ll be banging the Iran war drum before we get to the Summer Solstice.

Yep they'd be all up in Biden's ass on day 1. And that's perfectly fine. It means Biden won. We'll work on that next problem once we get this much bigger problem solved. Hopefully the Dems absorb some of their marketing tactics during this uneasy alliance.

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

don yunior was on fox this morning saying the same thing that people are too scared to tell pollsters they are actually voting trump

n

Think about what that says for a minute.  While the notion of too embarrassed to admit voting for Trump has some intuitive appeal, that you wouldn't admit it to an anonymous pollster because you apparently acknowledge what a vile human he is, but are voting for him anyway because reasons?

I'm not sure that really holds up.  I can see not wanting to admit it to your friends and family or the public at large.

Edited by TwiceHorn

19 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I feel like just about every  Democrat on this page is actually saying to Never Trumpers:

Summer Solstice done already happened my dude. 

mpu

Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion