Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. ×
NateHitch

Newer Country Music that is actually good Country Music

If there's already a thread about decent contemporary country music then I apologize, just wanted to start one to share artists that bring back what it should be and what it used to be.

Colter Wall does not suck.

Posted (edited)

Most anything Tyler Childers is great. Also a big fan of All Your’n for a romantic touch. May as well go in the thread for Sturgill etc but this guys got some jams   

kindof a Hank Williams Jr feel but I’ve been enjoying this dude — probably not what this thread is for after actually reading the OP

Edited by Etexhorn13

Tyler Childers has some great stuff but yeah, that second one you posted is the embodiment of what I was hoping to avoid in this thread. Not saying it's terrible, it's definitely catchy, but I'm not a fan of the glam pop country stuff

They’re no longer together, but the Turnpike Troubadours were incredible.

Evan came out with that single a couple of months ago. Hopefully that means he’s on the road to recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’re no longer together, but the Turnpike Troubadours were incredible.

Evan came out with that single a couple of months ago. Hopefully that means he’s on the road to recovery.

It was recorded before the break up. I wouldn’t read much into it.

That said, a picture of him and a fan in a farm store parking lot surfaced last fall. He was in his hometown, and looked healthy

It was recorded before the break up. I wouldn’t read much into it.

That said, a picture of him and a fan in a farm store parking lot surfaced last fall. He was in his hometown, and looked healthy

Didn’t know it was recorded before. Damn.

one thing I really respect about Surly is someone can start this thread and there is not one post about Sam Hunt or Kane Brown. Surly has good taste in music.

Another vote for Randall King.  I wish he'd get some traction.

Country music is just like a Jeep.  The new ones suck, but then newer and newer versions come out over time and that formerly new one eventually becomes "the good one."

14 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

Y’all are just recreating the Sturgill Simpson thread. 

Seconded.

Y’all are just recreating the Sturgill Simpson thread. 

If there's already a thread about decent contemporary country music then I apologize

There is a thread for this. A few actually. But who cares.  Might start a thread about Irish music. We will see. 

Seth Ward & The Silence are pretty damn good.  My cousin is their lead guitar player. Dude can destroy it.