Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, ajax said:

Due to Seattle’s unrest, billion-dollar investment firm moving to Phoenix

Too soon to say whether this is a sustained trend. And 1.58b AUM, this is really a tiny company. However anecdotally, I'm seeing a slew of people leaving the SF bay area, mostly for Texas.

I just want California to do better, because I want Texas to not have many Californians.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Two kids.  I can tell you one thing, I find out either of those little shits does this to SRV, I'm going to beat their asses with my old saddle girth strap.....

Come on people.  Stevie?  Really?  What the actual fuck.  

e76tymp8b0251.jpg

Don't you know they only make statues out of racist white people?  Clearly this guy was a slave owner or something back in the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, workswithseed said:

I just want California to do better, because I want Texas to not have many Californians.

I resemble this remark (though we did move in 1990), from Napa valley to houston. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ulukinatme said:

Don't you know they only make statues out of racist white people?  Clearly this guy was a slave owner or something back in the day.

Lord, I hope I never amount to anything that would prompt a statue being built.

Imagine down the road when someone finds out I once ate enchiladas made with flour tortillas.  #soashamed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TriStone said:

I don't necessarily want to see them run over.  A truck fitted with a cowcatcher that would scoop them up and pitch them over into the ditch would be fine, too.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

Is Mount Rushmore safe?

I am waiting for the calls to take down the Statue of Liberty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
1 hour ago, Moby Ric said:
I am waiting for the calls to take down the Statue of Liberty.

Because she's French?

How do you know she's really a she ?  Kinda presumptuous 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I am sure it has been done but Fetish would be a good band name.
Used to know a guy in Minnesota that was in a band called Phetish back in the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
13 hours ago, Moby Ric said:
I am waiting for the calls to take down the Statue of Liberty.

Because she's French?

Its' because this stuff has gone full retard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably should go in "Today In History" - June 24th, 1968, “Resurrection City,” a shantytown constructed as part of the Poor People’s March on Washington, D.C., was closed down by authorities.

Relevant? I don't know, just thought it was interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope the mayor sends in social workers to reason with the crowd and get them to leave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Its' because this stuff has gone full retard.

I mean Shaun King called on destroying white Jesus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

Lord, I hope I never amount to anything that would prompt a statue being built.

Imagine down the road when someone finds out I once ate enchiladas made with flour tortillas.  #soashamed

It will be said you only liked flour tortillas better because they were white.  Your name shall forever live in infamy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I mean Shaun King called on destroying white Jesus.

If anyone knows about portraying race fraudulently, it’s Talcum X.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
14 hours ago, Moby Ric said:
I am waiting for the calls to take down the Statue of Liberty.

Because she's French?

My maternal grandma was French.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, workswithseed said:

I mean Shaun King called on destroying white Jesus.

He’s retarded so you just have to smile and nod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a plausible explanation on why jesus and his family wouldn’t be more or less the same complexion as most of the Jewish people of today?  Have they gotten more fair over the centuries from the diaspora into other groups?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any Surly attorneys want to pro bono work?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SDG said:

Any Surly attorneys want to pro bono work?

 

 

I'm curious how many lawyers will just sigh at his suit, and shake their heads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://dlvr.it/RZJDsw

CHOP organizers have delivered the final blow to the two-week-long protest in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood, asking the remaining protesters to please pack up and leave, and announcing that the “mission” of CHOP is shifting to its “next phase.”

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I'm curious how many lawyers will just sigh at his suit, and shake their heads.

Did he file in the CHOP district court, or an American court?

if he is suing the Seattle pd, does he understand that police have no mandate to respond in any kind of time limit, or at all?  Tough to win a too slow claim when there’s no such thing as too slow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Did he file in the CHOP district court, or an American court?

if he is suing the Seattle pd, does he understand that police have no mandate to respond in any kind of time limit, or at all?  Tough to win a too slow claim when there’s no such thing as too slow. 

I actually didn't know that, and I don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Did he file in the CHOP district court, or an American court?

if he is suing the Seattle pd, does he understand that police have no mandate to respond in any kind of time limit, or at all?  Tough to win a too slow claim when there’s no such thing as too slow. 

No problem, lawyer has a degree fro CHOP University.  They got this covered.

 

I picture this

 

Edited by Moby Ric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, workswithseed said:

http://dlvr.it/RZJDsw

CHOP organizers have delivered the final blow to the two-week-long protest in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood, asking the remaining protesters to please pack up and leave, and announcing that the “mission” of CHOP is shifting to its “next phase.”

 

 

 

Narrator: Nobody's leaving.

We saw this with the DAPL protest in North Dakota.  A contingent of mostly psychos stayed THROUGH THE NORTH DAKOTA WINTER and were finally bribed to leave a few weeks before their village flooded from the spring melt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, workswithseed said:

I'm curious how many lawyers will just sigh at his suit, and shake their heads.

That depends on the dollar amount limits of somebody’s liability insurance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Narrator: Nobody's leaving.
We saw this with the DAPL protest in North Dakota.  A contingent of mostly psychos stayed THROUGH THE NORTH DAKOTA WINTER and were finally bribed to leave a few weeks before their village flooded from the spring melt.

The Mayor said that she hoped Black leaders and alternative “resources” would convince the mob to vacate the area. I would not be surprised if a big part of those “alternative resources” include ransom payouts to some of the influential individuals that claim to be in power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Did he file in the CHOP district court, or an American court?

if he is suing the Seattle pd, does he understand that police have no mandate to respond in any kind of time limit, or at all?  Tough to win a too slow claim when there’s no such thing as too slow. 

Yep.  When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2020 at 7:01 AM, El Diablo said:

Probably should go in "Today In History" - June 24th, 1968, “Resurrection City,” a shantytown constructed as part of the Poor People’s March on Washington, D.C., was closed down by authorities.

Relevant? I don't know, just thought it was interesting. 

What you got ain’t nothing new. This country’s always been hard on people. It ain’t all waiting on you. That’s vanity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Texas_Rocks said:


The Mayor said that she hoped Black leaders and alternative “resources” would convince the mob to vacate the area. I would not be surprised if a big part of those “alternative resources” include ransom payouts to some of the influential individuals that claim to be in power.

Capitalism wins again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this the thread to talk about statues being toppled?

Two statues in Madison WI toppled by protesters.

Quote

Protesters tore down two historic statues outside the Capitol on Tuesday evening — one that has come to represent women’s rights and the other honoring an abolitionist — leaving many people wondering what purpose their removal served to advance the Black Lives Matter movement.

In Madison, a group of several hundred protesters on Tuesday evening took down a replica of “Forward,” a statue of a woman with her right arm extended. Protesters also decapitated and dragged into Lake Monona a statue representing Hans Christian Heg, a Wisconsin abolitionist who died in a Civil War battle.

https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/strategic-or-misguided-toppling-of-statues-sparks-latest-debate-on-madison-protests/article_c162791f-df91-5e33-b398-96b96d7bbee4.html

 

Okay, but why topple these statues?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That dude is awesome. Amazing how little resistance he got. I mean I wouldn’t stand in his way either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Capitalism wins again.

Capitalism is only bad when they don't get their cut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that reaction.  During the riots, there were multiple incidents of black PROTESTERS telling rioters to GTFO with their bullshit because it detracted from the real message.

They are correct.  The disruptors and soy boys need to go back to their basements.  They are actually damaging/ curtailing the dialogue/ conversation that needs to happen in this country.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Capitalism is only bad when they don't get their cut.

Capitalism knows this and lurks around the corner like a coke dealer who's given you the good stuff knowing you'll be back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...