Jump to content
GhostOfTomJoad

Eagles is...

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, naija said:

possibly the most talented receiver we have on the team

Agreed. He’s really really good. Thought he was the most talented last year too, FWIW. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Agreed. He’s really really good. Thought he was the most talented last year too, FWIW. 

Goddamn you're an idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WBT said:

...object of the first irrational surly pile-on of the year.  At least it means the offseason's over!

yup. can see it happening in real-time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, capnamerca said:

Goddamn you're an idiot.

I say that as probably the biggest Duv cheerleader on this board. He may not make it, but he is VERY talented. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s probably the most athletic guy on the team, but he’s not doing himself any favors tonight with the effort level.  It’s one thing not to put up stats.  It’s another to look like you’re giving poor effort and/or not making the correct reads.

Instead of being a token back up on the depth chart as a wake up call and then stepping into a bigger role when Big 12 games start, which was my hope, I expect he will get less reps against Tech.   He really needs to earn trust back in practice or else risk a wasted year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I say that as probably the biggest Duv cheerleader on this board. He may not make it, but he is VERY talented. 

No one disagrees with THAT statement. But saying that Eagles is more talented than Colin Johnson or Duvernay is just ... a bad take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

A player with HUGE upside who needs to get his head right with ball

Malcolm Williams 2.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, capnamerca said:

No one disagrees with THAT statement. But saying that Eagles is more talented than Colin Johnson or Duvernay is just ... a bad take.

He is more talented than both. First, CJ wasn’t that talented. Second, Eagles is the big body that CJ is - with speed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WORK IN PROCESS....

Texas offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich, who is super intense about the details, this week was asked about Eagles.

“His confidence level is growing,” Yurcich said. “We’ve got to get Brennan playing as fast as he possibly can. However fast he is - if he’s a four-four guy in the 40 - we’ve got to make sure he’s running a four-four when we snap the ball. When he’s processing everything, we need to make sure he’s reacting and not hesitant. When he lines up, he needs to know how to adjust based on coverage. That comes with repetition after repetition after repetition. That’s the name of the game.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

He is more talented than both. First, CJ wasn’t that talented. Second, Eagles is the big body that CJ is - with speed. 

This is dead wrong, but I'm sure that won't stop you. Talent is more than just size and speed. Eagles lacks agility and struggles to sink his hips leading to poor routes. CJ and Duv are miles better at route running and have better hands. Both are more talented than Eagles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WBT said:

...object of the first irrational surly pile-on of the year.  At least it means the offseason's over!

I mean, both the eyeballs and the stat sheet says he's our best returning player at maybe our thinnest position.

And he seems like a great kid (and yes, I'm aware of the tweet).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

This is dead wrong, but I'm sure that won't stop you. Talent is more than just size and speed. Eagles lacks agility and struggles to sink his hips leading to poor routes. CJ and Duv are miles better at route running and have better hands. Both are more talented than Eagles. 

He doesn’t lack agility at all. Perhaps relative to DD he does, but his agility and quickness is miles better than CJ. 

Route running I need to watch more of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

He doesn’t lack agility at all. Perhaps relative to DD he does, but his agility and quickness is miles better than CJ. 

Route running I need to watch more of. 

You seriously have no idea what you're talking about. He's struggled with it since high school and still does.  CJ has way better agility and ability to dip his hips. It's not close. Eagles has a very limited route tree, because of physical limitations, ie lack of talent in that area. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

You seriously have no idea what you're talking about. He's struggled with it since high school and still does.  CJ has way better agility and ability to dip his hips. It's not close. Eagles has a very limited route tree, because of physical limitations, ie lack of talent in that area. 

Lol I played receiver, have a son who’s a stud receiver, and study receivers. CJ had no quickness. No ability to separate. He may have been “agile” for his legitimate 6’6” frame, but Eagles is significantly more agile. And faster. And has ability to separate. Again, I don’t study his route running. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

You seriously have no idea what you're talking about. He's struggled with it since high school and still does.  CJ has way better agility and ability to dip his hips. 

Freak Nasty wanna see can y'all do this right here for me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, naija said:

possibly the most talented receiver we have on the team

If talent does not include route running, defensive recognition, the ability to master the playbook or general route concepts then yes. He is very talented. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Lol I played receiver, have a son who’s a stud receiver, and study receivers. CJ had no quickness. No ability to separate. He may have been “agile” for his legitimate 6’6” frame, but Eagles is significantly more agile. And faster. And has ability to separate. Again, I don’t study his route running. 

If you're so adept at assessing receivers, why don't you study their routes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

You seriously have no idea what you're talking about. He's struggled with it since high school and still does.  CJ has way better agility and ability to dip his hips. It's not close. Eagles has a very limited route tree, because of physical limitations, ie lack of talent in that area. 

Eagles had elite shuttle times in high school.  He’s not as agile as a 5’8” NFL slot, but he’s plenty agile for a 6’4” 220 pound guy.  And more agile than CJ.  

None of his issues are physical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, longhornmatt said:

Eagles had elite shuttle times in high school.  He’s not as agile as a 5’8” NFL slot, but he’s plenty agile for a 6’4” 220 pound guy.  And more agile than CJ.  

None of his issues are physical.

 Nope. His shuttle time was good but that's a very different drill than running routes. A 3 cone would be more accurate for what I'm talking about. He still struggles with route running. He lacks flexibility and struggles to sink his hips in routes, leading to bad breaks on routes and poor route running. It's been something that's been noted about him since HS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...