October 2020 Site Refresh

immamac

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2020 at 5:23 PM, closetojumping said:

I'm sure this is addressed somewhere and I didn't see it, so apologies, but on my PC, I can't see or click on tweets and actually get to the tweet. It's fine on mobile, just not on PC view. How do I remedy this?

clear cookies twitter cookies get borked sometimes. Sorry if its been 2 weeks without a fix lol 

• 2 weeks later...

So I have done a round of tweaks to the theme on the test site. 

http://www.test.surlyhorns.com/board/

Can you guys tell me things that are needed still before I migrate the changes over here? There are some changes that I have no control over like moving the edit and options button to the top right of every post in the menu. Visually though everything is fixable in theory. 

A few things missing:

Post numbers (plugin doesn't work)

Rep icon too translucent

No auto scroll to top (replaced by dock on mobile)

Background images not the same. 

No "zebra style" alternation in thread lists

Post page button too light, should match old one. 

Seems like I'm unable to automatically go to the first unread post when I click on the topic... Is there a way setting I'm missing? 

It also seems like the no avatar option merely shows the same avatar for everyone rather than not showing any. 

(primarily using mobile if that makes a difference) 

Edited by NWBuck

7 hours ago, NWBuck said:

Seems like I'm unable to automatically go to the first unread post when I click on the topic... Is there a way setting I'm missing

It also seems like the no avatar option merely shows the same avatar for everyone rather than not showing any. 

Same here. 

27 minutes ago, immamac said:

Sorry didn't use that view much before. What should it be doing? Just a view of threads you've participated in but sorted updated most recently? 

There should only be one line/link that says Urban Meyer blah blah... I don't need a link for every new post on my list. Just a link to the thread. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, NWBuck said:

Seems like I'm unable to automatically go to the first unread post when I click on the topic... Is there a way setting I'm missing? 

10 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Same here. 

go to your "Account Settings" in upper left menu under your username then go to the "Content View Behavior" menu and choose the appropriate option

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

So how do I have it to where I only see one link for the same thread, instead of multiple? See the Urban Meyer shit below. 

image.thumb.png.9c696183f6cdda4d3542764a7dc12aa9.png

23 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

SECONDED 

22 hours ago, immamac said:

Sorry didn't use that view much before. What should it be doing? Just a view of threads you've participated in but sorted updated most recently? 

22 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

There should only be one line/link that says Urban Meyer blah blah... I don't need a link for every new post on my list. Just a link to the thread. 

22 hours ago, hornian said:

This.

Looks like it's fixed. 

For now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/14/2020 at 3:36 PM, SquishMitten said:

How do you cancel a post? When I quote someone or when I start a new post and then decide not to submit it, there doesn't seem to be any option other than to submit (other than refreshing the page). 

Gotdamnitpeople. I've asked this question like 5 times over the past year, and nobody has ever answered. Am I the only one with this problem? Am I enormously stupid and the answer is so obvious that nobody even understands what I'm asking?

Also, is there a way that you return to where you left off after making a post rather than going to your new post? It works like that on tapa for me, but not desktop. 

Edited by SquishMitten

On 12/14/2020 at 3:36 PM, SquishMitten said:

How do you cancel a post? When I quote someone or when I start a new post and then decide not to submit it, there doesn't seem to be any option other than to submit (other than refreshing the page). 

Unfortunately, that’s pretty much it. I usually just click on the last post above to refresh, then Clear Editor in the reply box. 

Shit looks good and works well after getting over my natural dislike of change - thanks, @immamac

One thing I've noticed is that when typing out a post of any length (longer than this post to this point), the text bix doesn't scroll down, so I'm typing all of this without being able to see it. 

I can manually scroll down every time I lose sight like a carriage return om am old typewriter, but that gets old

Maybe it's a function of my SwiftKey keyboard (or Chrome), but I didn't have this issue prior to the site refresh. 

Minor issue, but if it can eventually be fixed, then I'm sure it would be welcome. 

Screenshot_20201218-133138_Chrome.jpg