Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Man, Ags4DaWin has just exemplified aggy statistical theory at its finest -- just keep repeating a lie until you believe it, and presto! It's true!

He has and has gotten to the wood shed by the regional powers in his neighborhood.

Omeire, Garth, Broughton, Collins, Umanmielen, Alford, Eaton, Milroe, Davis, McRee, Conner, Harris, Sanders, etc.

I know you don't want to hear it, but Jimbo has sent just as high of a percentage of his 3 star recruits to the NFL as the national average for 4 stars.

Where the fuck do they get this shit? Was this some Lucci shit? It sounds like some Lucci shit. I'm gonna bet that most if not all of the "Jimbo 3 star specials" were all in fact Bowden/Mickey Andrews evals. I mean, Fisher doesn't get eval credit for the 2011 class since he was announced in January just a few weeks before NSD. 

3 stars signed by Fisher at FSU

2012 ::
Glauser. Maguire. Aguayo. Beatty. 

2013 :: 
Lyons. Hoskins. Wilson. Hoefeld. Andrews. Klepal. Bell. Franklin III. Kerr. Hollin. Bryant. 

2014 ::
Izzo. Vickers. Ruble. Jackson. Kelly. torres. Frith. Williams. Jones. Gabbard. 

2015 ::
Johnson. Robbins. Westbrook. Wilkerson. Minshew. Murray. 

2016 ::
Rice. Aime. Arnold. Boselli. Tyler. Aguayo. Nabers. 

I could have missed some guys but this is what I see when I look for 3* guys drafted from 2015 - present for FSU :: 

Fisher 3 stars drafted :: 
Roberto Aguayo - K 
Ryan Izzo - TE
Rick Leonard - T/DE

3 star guys drafted from Bowden/Andrews classes (2013 - present)  :: 

Cameron Erving - C 
Tre' Jackson - OG 
Terrence Brooks - DB
Bryan Stork - C
Bjoern Werner - DE
Xavier Rhodes - WR
Cornellius Carradine - DE
Dustin Hopkins - K

Just as I suspected, it's all bullshit and he's coattail riding Bowden and Andrews evals. 

• Like 3

Nothing make Looch’s nubbin harder than typing that the aggies “stood toe to toe with (insert top 10 team here), and traded punches.”  I could’ve told you beforehand that was the one line he would guarantee to have in any writeup. It’s comical at this point. 

36 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Nothing make Looch’s nubbin harder than typing that the aggies “stood toe to toe with (insert top 10 team here), and traded punches.”  I could’ve told you beforehand that was the one line he would guarantee to have in any writeup. It’s comical at this point. 

Well, the thing is, he's right. They did stand toe-to-toe. Which provided a perfect opportunity to compare the two programs.

ToeProblems.gif

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Contrast that with the absolute pissed off nature of Texas fans after the LSU and OU losses. We know we can stand toe to toe with any team in America. The only thing that matters is winning those games, not being competitive and looking the part. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vertigo said:

Contrast that with the absolute pissed off nature of Texas fans after the LSU and OU losses. We know we can stand toe to toe with any team in America. The only thing that matters is winning those games, not being competitive and looking the part. 

Yep. I'm not actually bitching like most fans are, but at the same time, I'm glad most fans are bitching. I happen to think the progress that needs to be made is going to be made, so I'm a little more sanguine than most, but on the other hand, I absolutely know for a fact that if fans don't get pissed off at losses, coaches and teams end up backsliding. You don't get better by saying "Oh, well."

• Like 3

This I do know.  If we put together a bunch of classes as good as Alabama’s and LSU’s, we will be as good as them.  I am 100% in agreement with him about this.   What’s more, if we win like them, it will be easier to get these classes.  I think I will write a novel whose central theme is a circular causal chain.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Is aggy still thinking they get Crawford?  Sam Spiegelman just forecasted him to LSU.

LSU has a bunch of good recruits they're currently juggling for only a few spots. It's unclear who they're going to prioritize, but I hope they decide to take Crawford (if he qualifies) and Achane so A&M doesn't get them 

1 minute ago, Fud said:

LSU has a bunch of good recruits they're currently juggling for only a few spots. It's unclear who they're going to prioritize, but I hope they decide to take Crawford (if he qualifies) and Achane so A&M doesn't get them 

A&M’s going to have an extremely rough path to acquiring talent if they’re forced to take the leftovers from both us and LSU. UT and LSU being good at the same time is pretty much their worst case scenario. 

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

A&M’s going to have an extremely rough path to acquiring talent if they’re forced to take the leftovers from both us and LSU. UT and LSU being good at the same time is pretty much their worst case scenario. 

OU being good too isn't helping

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yep. Them too. Basically every regional power is making A&M pick up their scraps, but A&M isn’t nearly as good at evaluating as schools like TCU or OSU. The Jimbo era could get ugly(er) fast.

But we don't have the relationships to recruit America's most fertile recruiting base, New fucking Jersey. Advantage aggy.

• Like 2

For the seventh time in eight years since the Aggies joined the Southeastern Conference, the storyline coming out of an A&M loss to an Alabama team ranked No. 1 (or close to it) is the same. The Ags were competitive for extended stretches of the game and kept things interesting into the second half. At times, A&M stood toe to toe with the Tide and traded punches, but the superior team pulled away over the course of four quarters because the Aggies simply couldn't play sixty minutes of perfect football

What point of the 2014,  59-0 buttfucking was competitive, interesting or had aggy standing toe to toe? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fud said:
2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

OU being good too isn't helping

The impact of a Texas that actually evaluates talent is already showing up in TCU's on-field performance.  They are no longer able to fill out their roster with guys that should be high-level recruits that all the services miss because Texas overlooks them.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

The impact of a Texas that actually evaluates talent is already showing up in TCU's on-field performance.  They are no longer able to fill out their roster with guys that should be high-level recruits that all the services miss because Texas overlooks them.

I was just thinking about this today. Herman being a great talent evaluator has gutted TCUs roster. There will be no more Jalen Reagors or Jason Verretts hitting Ft Worth anytime soon unless we are absolutely bursting at the seams. Q Johnson is a great example of that this cycle, and Isaiah Hookfin last cycle. 

Edited by Vertigo

I was just thinking about this today. Herman being a great talent evaluator has gutted TCUs roster. There will be no more Jalen Reagors or Jason Verretts hitting Ft Worth anytime soon unless we are absolutely bursting at the seams. Q Johnson is a great example of that this cycle, and Isaiah Hookfin last cycle. 

To be fair Strong tried to get Reagor and whiffed.

They’ll pull a great line in 2021 because we’re trending for the top with 2 out of state targets warm. Aggy gonna aggy and fill up on 3* guards from New Jersey and pass on everything else in state. What’s left is a decent years worth of borderline elite dudes that will go to TCU/Baylor/maybe SMU, and out of state.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

We have to win the next 4.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3068122

"OP gets it. SCar is gonna be a battle but 4-0 is not looking too far off.

Let's not talk about Georgia.

But l$u should be another Tin Roof Blowdown this year. Don't let present perceptions mislead you."

"Present perceptions"? Like, the perception that LSU is good and aggy is not? Yea, definitely, don't let that fool you.

Perroni on Alfred Collins' visit.

Spoiler

I'll have a full update in the morning.

He had a lot of good things to say about the visit as he spent a ton of time with the players. His cousin is freshman walk-on LB Logan Bland so Collins was with him and Leon most of the time. He spent more time with the current players than the other recruits there, which matches up with the others there not getting much of a read on him.

Collins has been to A&M a lot and is comfortable in Aggieland, but I still think the longtime Texas ties are going to be too much to overcome. His last official is to Texas this coming weekend and then he will work on making a decision.

Other comment in the thread:

Jimbo spent a lot of time with him and made a push, but yeah, I don't think he ends up at A&M, so you are probably correct.

Hamm lite

The summer after his sophomore year, Bastrop Cedar Creek defensive end Alfred Collins made his way to Texas A&M for a camp. By the time he left town, the Aggies had become the first to offer him.

Since then, the 6-foot-5, 275-pound defender has picked up offers from most of the top schools in the country. He has been to Aggieland numerous time again as well and, this past weekend, made his way to College Station for his official visit.

"It was good," the nation's No. 154 overall prospect said of the official. "It was mainly just hanging out with the players. I was with Logan Bland, my cousin, most of the time. I also hung out with Leon (O'Neal) a lot. He's funny. I like him.

"I got to hang out with the other recruits as well. They're really cool. I didn't really spend as much time with them as the current players, but they were good guys. The receiver (Demond Demas), he seemed cool."

Just simply being able to get to know the environment in College Station better improved the Aggies' chances to land Collins.

"Yeah, it did," he said of the visit helping A&M. "I've been there so many times, but this time I got a feel for what it would be like as a player. I got to know the coaches a little bit more, too, and what they thing about me. That helps. This weekend was all about me being comfortable there."

Before leaving town, Collins was able to speak at length with head coach Jimbo Fisher as well.

"He told me I could be a really big help on their d-line," Collins said. "He said my athleticism is something they really like. He said I'm the type of end that they like, playing in the SEC, too. I'm big and long and that's how their d-ends are. He didn't pressure me or anything, but he made sure I knew they wanted me."

Collins has taken official visits to Alabama and Oklahoma already, in addition to A&M. He has one trip left and then will set about on making a decision.

"I have Texas next weekend and that's my last one," he said. "I really don't know when I'll make a decision. It could be soon after that, but it might be a while. I really don't know. After that visit, I'll have to take a step back and look at all the places I've been."