Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

16 minutes ago, texifornia said:

There's so many layers here. A real mille-feuille of aggy optimism.

EN3ZuPbXkAYYWnE?format=jpg&name=900x900

Has to be a troll, except for the writing skills.  They can't see they have probs at corner, offensive line and qb?  Mond is Mond at this point--he's not making a jump so much as everybody else is regressing.  Lean on Freshmen too much and you're inviting injury.  And what would be the pool for first corch Evans punches when his line breaks down? 

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

There's so many layers here. A real mille-feuille of aggy optimism.

EN3ZuPbXkAYYWnE?format=jpg&name=900x900

is he dictating to an old-timey Western Union telegraph?

"george blades im good.....stop.

great schedule…..stop.

we should start 10-0.....stop.

Yeh my writing not goodz bla bla FU....stop"

• Like 6

5 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

So basically innuendo without any details, from a has-been retired dude, trying to milk some time in the press while "his" team tries to win the big game.

Maybe he personally didn't like Fisher and sought out "friends in ACC" who will confirm his bias. Maybe they didn't want to pay the money it would take to land Herman or Fisher (as stated in the article). Maybe Fisher was demanding more control than Alleva wanted to hand over. Without Alleva being specific about his criticism of Fisher it feels like Alleva just having a personal axe to grind but doing it publicly.

I like that you call a quote innuendo and then generate a line of tenuous innuendo from your endo to refute it.

Veddy aggy, my friend. Veddy veddy.

I don't think Leach can put something together to bother LSU & Alabama much, but is going to have access to a ton of speed in Mississippi.  If he is willing to get dirty recruiting, he may be able to make some noise.  Love me some Leach.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

I hope Rogers gets a combine invite because NFL teams will fall in love with him. The dude is a physical freak at his size. The fact A&M couldn't use him in a similar role as Collin Johnson is kind of insane. Just throw the ball up and he can beat most DBs at the point of attack. 

wait, now he's good again? 

and while he's one of the more frustrating guys i can remember in recent history given his size / speed / hands / football acumen combination, i think we've got bigger issues than replacing his 30 catches and 2 (two) touchdowns. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bizzle said:

and while he's one of the more frustrating guys i can remember in recent history given his size / speed / hands / football acumen combination, i think we've got bigger issues than replacing his 30 catches and 2 (two) touchdowns. 

That's because your system sucks. This is like saying "it's easy to replace Jalen Reagor because he didn't have much production". Granted, Rogers isn't the type talent that Reagor is. 

Point being, A&M's system is awful. It doesn't maximize WRs at all. While there might not be a huge drop off in production because Jimbo doesn't utilize WRs, there could definitely be regression in talent at the position. 

4 minutes ago, bizzle said:

Why don't you walk us through what you think they are, and in priority of concern?

20 minutes ago, MM42 said:

I don't think Leach can put something together to bother LSU & Alabama much, but is going to have access to a ton of speed in Mississippi.  If he is willing to get dirty recruiting, he may be able to make some noise.  Love me some Leach.

He may jump up and bite Bama on occasion, Saban has historically struggled against the air raid. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Why don't you walk us through what you think they are, and in priority of concern?

1. oline. talent. don't have it. not a position you can fake it either, especially under the scheme we're running. does henson know what he's doing? are he and jimbo on the same page? weird smoke signals here.

2. kellen mond. what the fuck is he? if his absolute ceiling is a 65% completion rate, let's make the offense a bit more friendly towards him.

3. running back. i like spiller a lot as a #2. unfortunately he's our #1 without much else behind him. who gets other snaps?

everywhere else, the talent is either there to compete, or getting there. by and large i love what elko is doing. for all the bitching, jimbo was handed a 10 year contract largely on the basis of his success on offense, and come hell or high water he's going to do what he's always done. we'll see if he can either put enough talent on the field to make it work, or if the lack of adaptation ultimately eats him.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

That's because your system sucks. This is like saying "it's easy to replace Jalen Reagor because he didn't have much production". Granted, Rogers isn't the type talent that Reagor is. 

Point being, A&M's system is awful. It doesn't maximize WRs at all. While there might not be a huge drop off in production because Jimbo doesn't utilize WRs, there could definitely be regression in talent at the position. 

Is there really a debate that UT and A&M have different offensive schemes under Herman and Jimbo respectively? 

It seems clear that Jimbo's possession style O will showcase more RBs and TEs and fewer WRs. Guys like Ausbon will do well enough to also get into NFL. There's just one data point (last year's draft) with Jimbo at A&M, and already got a TE and a FB (of all positions!) into the NFL.

I looked up Collin Johnson's season stats; he has has one season in 4 where he got close to 1000 yards. Statistically he had a better college career than Kendrick Rogers did, but not by a whole bunch.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4039043/collin-johnson

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4035255/kendrick-rogers

Rogers was also a 3-star no-name recruit out of high school in Frankston, TX (rated 78th best WR); while Johnson was more heralded 4-star out of Cali (41st best WR).

https://247sports.com/Player/Kendrick-Rogers-35182/high-school-57987/

https://247sports.com/Player/Collin-Johnson-43002/high-school-71486/

Herman's system will likely feature more WRs and so more of them will likely get drafted, even though it would appear that Johnson didn't achieve all that he could-- or perhaps the 4 and 5-wide sets means multiple good WRs will get the ball and not one or two dudes who get to shine.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MM42 said:

I think Leach can knock off a contender every once in awhile when he's in a trap-game-for-the-opponent scenario at home

4 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

Is there really a debate that UT and A&M have different offensive schemes under Herman and Jimbo respectively? 

It seems clear that Jimbo's possession style O will showcase more RBs and TEs and fewer WRs. Guys like Ausbon will do well enough to also get into NFL. There's just one data point (last year's draft) with Jimbo at A&M, and already got a TE and a FB (of all positions!) into the NFL.

I looked up Collin Johnson's season stats; he has has one season in 4 where he got close to 1000 yards. Statistically he had a better college career than Kendrick Rogers did, but not by a whole bunch.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4039043/collin-johnson

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4035255/kendrick-rogers

Rogers was also a 3-star no-name recruit out of high school in Frankston, TX (rated 78th best WR); while Johnson was more heralded 4-star out of Cali (41st best WR).

https://247sports.com/Player/Kendrick-Rogers-35182/high-school-57987/

https://247sports.com/Player/Collin-Johnson-43002/high-school-71486/

Herman's system will likely feature more WRs and so more of them will likely get drafted, even though it would appear that Johnson didn't achieve all that he could-- or perhaps the 4 and 5-wide sets means multiple good WRs will get the ball and not one or two dudes who get to shine.

IIRC CJ was a 4 star but had no buzz outside being a legacy because (surprise) he was hurt his Senior season and did not play.  

9 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

You don't think there's a concern at corner? 

i think depth is a concern. blades is good if he can get his shoulder right. the coaches love brian george, although the juco leap is always scary. myles jones isn't the worst 3rd corner to have, and devin morris was coming on at nickel late in the year. 

really need jaylon jones to live up to the hype. 

Just now, bizzle said:

i think depth is a concern. blades is good if he can get his shoulder right. the coaches love brian george, although the juco leap is always scary. myles jones isn't the worst 3rd corner to have, and devin morris was coming on at nickel late in the year. 

guess that means Erick Young's dream of playing corner is dead, eh?

2 minutes ago, bizzle said:

Hype of a CB?

39 minutes ago, bizzle said:

2. kellen mond. what the fuck is he? if his absolute ceiling is a 65% completion rate, let's make the offense a bit more friendly towards him...

...for all the bitching, jimbo was handed a 10 year contract largely on the basis of his success on offense, and come hell or high water he's going to do what he's always done. 

Jimbo seems stuck on his system.  To me, Mond looks great running the ball but not as a pocket passer.

1 minute ago, Revolution512 said:

The SEC West quickly became a wide open offensive division. A&M depending on 2 avg Juco corners and Jones? Lol, it may not catch up to them next year but it’s coming soon.

Blades looked like he was made of glass this past season.  Seemed to always be hurt.

Jimbo talked Jalen Preston into staying with Davis/Ausbon leaving by telling him he has a great shot to start. Also, they think they're done with players leaving early for the draft. Buddy Johnson was the main one to watch for. 

They still have quite a bit of fat to shed by fall camp to get a full class/transfers in