Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

EBtcoPCWwAEVBOh?format=jpg&name=360x360EBtcpjiXkAENT2y?format=jpg&name=small

"Jimbo and Elko get who they want" except for like the entire DL in the state of Texas thus far, and numerous other guys. They also "want" Noah Sewell, but that won't happen either. More delusions of grandeur to quell their inevitable sequel to their signing day collapse.

Also, by all accounts (at least on Surly), it seems that barbecue did not go anywhere close to plan since they pressed Princely and he suddenly wants nothing to do with them afterwards lmao.

12 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

So in the second scenario from that last picture, the guy thinks that the A&M staff will invite kids to visit with the intention of giving them the cold shoulder once they're on campus. Instead of just being straightforward and honest. Sounds like a dick move. 

Or maybe a bunch of these dudes hit Jimbo in the face with their balls

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Who are these great cornerbacks that they have committed and soon to commit?

they have noticed that the services have jaylon Jones as a safety, haven’t they?  Didn’t see a temper tantrum like with Kenyon to guard. 

Dontae Manning is a fine CB take for almost anyone. Moten would be bready in our class, but he is a bonafide CB, which aggy badly needs. Otherwise they seem to think that Jones is a CB and that they have a shot with Jacobe Covington (9 crystal balls to UDub).

3 hours ago, golfclap said:

I know they’ve been so long without DB talent that they don’t know up from down but this is one of the funniest and saddest things I’ve seen from aggy this offseason. This is from the Alford thread ... 

8-FFF92-ED-D3-C2-42-E0-9364-014-BF58-C82

While not as batshit cult crazy as "I want a coin with 'In Jimbo I trust' " or "... in Jimbo's image,"  this is equally rib-tickling, chortle-inducing nonsense.  None of those ag dividians has any notion as to what NC caliber looks like.  Not at any position.

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

EBtcoPCWwAEVBOh?format=jpg&name=360x360EBtcpjiXkAENT2y?format=jpg&name=small

I don't know how many times I've recently said "this is the most aggy thing ever" but my gawd. Eaton was either ignored or told to hold off on his commitment. There couldn't be any other possibilities. Like, for example, he perhaps didn't think that going to a pool party in a shitty apartment complex catered with gross ass BBQ drenched in enough butter to kill a horse looked like a fun way to spend the next four years of his life. Nah. Jimbo gave him the cold shoulder. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Imagine thinking Raikes is more athletic than Broughton. Imagine that being your reality.

EBtrTS1W4AAlMiP?format=jpg&name=900x900

He's referring to A&M commit Dallas Walker.  Big, strong mobile SEC-sized kid who plays DT, DE, and TE for his high school.  Like Broughton, he can play 3tech DT and SDE at the P5 level.

Raikes is a 0-tech NT type.  High motor kid with excellent quickness and agility.  A&M has 4* WDE Fadil Diggs committed too.  Like Texas and OU, they're recruiting nationally and doing it quite well.  They're still in the final group of schools for 4* Umanmielen, 4* McKinley Jackson, and the high 4* de from Florida.   Defensive line recruiting is not a problem for that staff.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 33

1 minute ago, UpperDeschutes said:

He's referring to A&M commit Dallas Walker.  Big, strong mobile SEC-sized kid who plays DT, DE, and TE for his high school.  Like Broughton, he can play 3tech DT and SDE at the P5 level.

Raikes is a 0-tech NT type.  High motor kid with excellent quickness and agility.  A&M has 4* WDE Fadil Diggs committed too.  Like Texas and OU, they're recruiting nationally and doing it quite well.  They're still in the final group of schools for 4* Umanmielen, 4* McKinley Jackson, and the high 4* de from Florida.   Defensive line recruiting is not a problem for that staff.

While this was an informative post, I'm assuming the massive amount of negrep (and use of "SEC-sized" unironically) is because you're an aggy fan?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Machinator said:

That fanbase criticizing 40 times of a DB is rich.

And a 4.61 isn't even bad for a high schooler. Look at the most recent NFL combine times for safeties.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker#day=monday

first of all, a 4.61 40 would make Jerrin one of the fastest DBs on the aggy roster CB or S

of note ::

Jerrin Thompson 4.61 40 -- 4.2 shuttle 

Xavion Alford shuttle 4.5 40 -- 4.5 shuttle

Jaylon Jones 4.58 40 -- 4.32 shuttle 

does changing direction ever factor in to playing FS? What about CB? 

also of note - their highest rated DBs 

Erick Young 4.64 40 -- 4.27 shuttle

Demani Richardson 4.59 40 -- 4.14 shuttle (the true outlier) 

Brian Williams 4.75 40 -- 4.47 shuttle 

Leon O'Neal 4.76 40 -- 4.2 shuttle 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

I still can’t fathom how they are taking 27 commits with 8 seniors 

I can’t wait to see who else gets portaled, as they are all future all Americans according to aggy posters. Or the entire junior class will be HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to declare, except for mond, because I doubt he’s wanting to push out his recruits that are sophomores and freshmen this season. 

12 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

wtf is a 40dy?  40 dash yard?  or just some dumb way to say 40 by adding 2 extra characters?

Waitwut. That guy is talking shit on a 4.6 40. Do any of their safeties even run a sub 4.9? Also, aggy has really run away with the offer list analysis lulz

Edited by Bevo14

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Who are these great cornerbacks that they have committed and soon to commit?

they have noticed that the services have jaylon Jones as a safety, haven’t they?  Didn’t see a temper tantrum like with Kenyon to guard. 

This is the biggest issue. Missing at positions of need like CB, LB and OT. Granted, they don't think they're missing at OT and CB because they're brainwashed idiots that can't project positions (see Kenyon Green and now Jaylon Jones). 

Also, kind of a hot take but their RB recruiting hasn't been very good either. If they miss on Ngata they're probably striking out this cycle on the top tier RBs. I also thought Spiller was overrated coming out of HS. Corbin looked decent his FR year but it's more a wait and see approach with him. Jimbo's system is dependent on landing top tier backs and he's not doing that. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

Back to my original point about RB recruiting these were the RBs Jimbo had at FSU 

(Akers-#3 composite recruit)

(Patrick-#39 composite recruit)

(Cook-#13 composite recruit)

(Green-#56 composite recruit)

(Pender-#37 composite recruit)

Jimbo isn't recruiting even close to this level at aggy. Matter of fact, they haven't even landed a composite top 150 back yet. His system is dependent on having a back with elite talent like Akers, Patrick and Cook. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Machinator said:

"SEC-sized kid"

The jokes write themselves.

Just to be clear, take any big name program from any conference and you will see the following from 2018

Bama-- average OL weighs in at 312, DL averages 298 lbs

USC-- average OL weights in at 311, DL averages 299

OU--  average OL 306, average DL 293

tOSU-- average OL 314, average DL 277

Clemson-- OL average 318, DL average 294

UT-- OL average 303, DL average 282

Michigan-- OL average 313, DL average 270

UW-- OL average 304, DL average 295

Bama as the model SEC champ has an obvious and substantial size advantage over other teams from other conferences.  SECx3 size just means more.

I cannot believe they’re blithely ignoring the reality of the Josh Eaton situation. It wasn’t until he threw Jimbo, who had the ball, at the water polo net for the winning goal that that recruitment went sideways on them. They’d yanked Eaton’s ass out of the pool and asked him to leave before Linguist and Henson could even finish getting Jimbo untangled from the goal netting.  

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I still can’t fathom how they are taking 27 commits with 8 seniors 

About half of the roster sucks, so from a talent standpoint the future culling probably won't hurt them much. That'll be a lot of experience lost though for what's supposed to be the season they've had circled to make noise due to the friendly schedule, Mond being a senior, and guys like Tua and Burrow potentially leaving the league. They've landed some really good top of the line talent, but the bottom half of their classes have been poor imo, and I don't think pushing out poor talent for more poor talent will work out particularly well for them. 

1 minute ago, Fud said:

About half of the roster sucks, so from a talent standpoint the future culling probably won't hurt them much. That'll be a lot of experience lost though for what's supposed to be the season they've had circled to make noise due to the friendly schedule, Mond being a senior, and guys like Tua and Burrow potentially leaving the league. They've landed some really good top of the line talent, but the bottom half of their classes have been poor imo, and I don't think pushing out poor talent for more poor talent will work out particularly well for them. 

Yeah. If they turnover the roster as much as we think they’lll have to, they’re going to really hurt from a depth standpoint. Even if the talent is t tbt great, if you push out that many upperclassmen, you’ll be hurting no matter what, and like you said the bottom of their classes is actually pretty low quality so it’s not like they’re gonna have contributors across the board from their 1st and 2nd year guys.

Sure Jimbo, go ahead and push out more upperclassmen:

Q: Which of the 12 FBS coaches in Texas would you say you trust the least?

(227 total responses; ranked by percentage of votes)

32.6% — Jimbo Fisher, Texas A&M

23.3% — Tom Herman, Texas

19.8% — Dana Holgorsen, Houston

5.7% — Jake Spavital, Texas State

4% — Frank Wilson, UTSA

3.1% — Dana Dimel, UTEP

3.1% — Gary Patterson, TCU

3.1% —Matt Wells, Texas Tech

2.2% — Mike Bloomgren, Rice

1.8% — Matt Rhule, Baylor

0.9% — Sonny Dykes, SMU

0.4% — Seth Littrell, North Texas

Dave Campbells Texas Football Link

18 hours ago, UpperDeschutes said:

Dude has 6 posts and never said anything inflammatory. Sure he said something super aggyish with the "SEC Sized" garbage, but it's kind aggy to ban all aggy just for being aggy.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Dude has 6 posts and never said anything inflammatory. Sure he said something super aggyish with the "SEC Sized" garbage, but it's kind aggy to ban all aggy just for being aggy. 

Yeah that was an odd target for negging. It was a perfectly fine post. If anything having a regular ag around to use "SEC sized" as a positive is a good thing for the board to poke fun at.

No need to permaban all dissenting voices - just do it to the trolls imo.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 2