Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

He’s not a bad back, but when you fumble at the one yard line and lose a game because of it you’re going to be in the doghouse for a while.

I don’t disagree. but newy’s dumb ass thinks some true freshman who’s been running over 130 lb db’s for three years is gonna be ahead of a senior ingram on the depth chart. it’s so fucking dumb, but then, not unexpected. 

21 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I just want to watch him fail spectacularly and then have a massive and debilitating stroke.  Then he can shit and piss his pants and think about how he fucked up for 40 years

You think Urban lasts 40 years?  He’s going to drop dead any moment, I doubt he sees 2030.  And working at Jax is bound to speed that clock

14 minutes ago, Teryor said:

For those that think Pruitt is a possibility, I'd say this puts a damper on it, though I'm guessing Steele did the vast majority of the heavy lifting

I've seen several mentions that Pruitt has been on the phone and potentially even flying out to do in person visits with some people this weekend to smooth concerns about his situation and make sure folks know he is coming back and nothing has changed. There is even buzz around Fake-UT that one of the other coaches is likely going to be the fall guy and Pruitt will stay. Could be nothing but all round there seems to be a definitive tonal shift following the Pruitt meetings with the investigators and school lawyers on Thursday/Friday that would imply he is likely staying. Or in the very least HE thinks he is staying. 

My thing with Arnett is if he’s true candidate, why are we waiting.  Offer him 1.5 mil and finish out.  

I think both Pruitt and Muschamp situations are what’s holding this up.  If Pruitt is cut free and is clean, we’ll get Golding cause Saban will go bring Pruitt back. With Muschamp, I think there’s still convos happening while they figure shit out. 

I’m on the Ansley and Lupoi co-DC train. Lupoi with LBs, Ansley with CBs and calls plays. Give Ansley 1.5 and Lupoi a million and call it good. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

My thing with Arnett is if he’s true candidate, why are we waiting.  Offer him 1.5 mil and finish out.  

I think both Pruitt and Muschamp situations are what’s holding this up.  If Pruitt is cut free and is clean, we’ll get Golding cause Saban will go bring Pruitt back. With Muschamp, I think there’s still convos happening while they figure shit out. 

I’m on the Ansley and Lupoi co-DC train. Lupoi with LBs, Ansley with CBs and calls plays. Give Ansley 1.5 and Lupoi a million and call it good. 

Sark is keeping Arnett warm more than likely. 

5 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

I've seen several mentions that Pruitt has been on the phone and potentially even flying out to do in person visits with some people this weekend to smooth concerns about his situation and make sure folks know he is coming back and nothing has changed. There is even buzz around Fake-UT that one of the other coaches is likely going to be the fall guy and Pruitt will stay. Could be nothing but all round there seems to be a definitive tonal shift following the Pruitt meetings with the investigators and school lawyers on Thursday/Friday that would imply he is likely staying. Or in the very least HE thinks he is staying. 

Well,  who are would be their HC at this point? Most programs and NFL teams have their HC and are assembling their staffs. Pruitt played the long game, that's why he stays 

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

IT says that Drew Hughes from South Carolina is the likely replacement for Derek Chang

I swear at this point Sark is just hiring anyone he can find with direct Muschamp ties in order to troll fans. 

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Is ansley in any less trouble than Pruitt?

He has not been personally linked to the scandal AFAIK (at least nothing public indicates as much) and he would not be personally responsible for a lack of oversight or anything like what will probably land on Pruitt once the NCAA wades in. 

10 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

It’s pretty clear Arnett is not the first choice. 

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

It’s pretty clear Arnett is not the first choice. 

Yeah I have to say it seems kind of strange what is happening with DC. At least to us sitting here trying to figure it out. Once announced I’m sure it’s all clear, but until then just lost in the woods

Edited by taybo20

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

Our first choice was Muschamp, he said no for reasons and then we went to plan B and started interviewing guys. It comes out that maybe Saban wants to replace Golding with Lanning so now Golden is of interest to us. Saban either decides not to make a move because of all the turnover or Lanning turns him down, Sark then goes to Lanning to gauge interest and he says no. Sark won't extra fuck Saban because he owes him alot and moves on from Golding. Now we're in a holding pattern to determine our best options but nothing is fucked here dude. I think we wind up with either Arnett or Ainsley with Lupoi as Co-DC. Pruitt simply has too much uncertainty to have a job next year. This is playing out pretty much like the HC search did, there was 1 consensus #1 who turns us down and we then vet plan Bs and go with the best option.

Good post. 

Anyone know what an "assistant head coach" is?  Clearly it's something that doesn't interfere with the duties of what I thought were full time jobs (special teams coach, tight ends coach), but is it really just a meaningless title?  If so, what's the point of it?  If it's just resume fodder, won't future employers see through it?

Edited by Ultimate Failure

9 minutes ago, Ultimate Failure said:

Anyone know what an "assistant head coach" is?  Clearly it's something that doesn't interfere with the duties of what I thought were full time jobs (special teams coach, tight ends coach), but is it really just a meaningless title?  If so, what's the point of it?  If it's just resume fodder, won't future employers see through it?

Is this a serious question? It's an excuse to pay certain assistants more. The college football coaching world isn't like when you moved from Piggly Wiggly #131 to Winn Dixie #24.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Ultimate Failure said:

If the head coach gets the 'rona, the assistant head coach becomes acting head coach. Yeah, that's it.

1 hour ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

What does Gideon do ?

2 hours ago, TBD said:

I check in on the thread to see if we have an update on a DC to find out we are just following the day-to-day of a coache’s wife.  You guys need to fucking focus!   We need this hire to to be right!.......By the way, anyone know if she has gained employment in the area?   Asking for a friend....

“focusness”

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

What does Gideon do ?

Gideons International is an evangelical Christian association founded in 1899 in Wisconsin. The Gideons' primary activity is distributing copies of the Bible free of charge. This Bible distribution is a worldwide enterprise taking place in around 200 countries, territories and possessions.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Cross posting from the recruiting board: Rumor on USC and Aggy board that Sark lied to everybody and Stan is leaving after NSD 2 to join Urban in Jacksonville. Thus the Ingram portal and impending LJ to aggy pick.

This is such bs the last thing he is going to do is talk about authenticity and then do that within the first days of his tenure. 

3 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Ingram was portaling before he portaled, when Herman was still here.

LJ knows the staff doesn’t want him

Wheaton is going to be in. Not drayton leaving

We are late to the game on both and probably won’t get either.  But that’s okay.  We have decent depth for next year and will load up in ‘22.