Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Calm your tits

Rep whore.

Sorry, I misspelled thanks for posting that. Also, that tweet is the best thing that Brian Davis has ever written. Pultizer-winning stuff compared to his normal output.

@immamacor @blacklab needs to make that the recommended post

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

If true, why?  Why take that risk?  What does Sark have to gain? 

He risks upsetting much of his fanbase, donors, ex players and most importantly the locker room.  He risks his own credibility unnecessarily when he himself is working to climb his way back.   For what?  To say he gave Stoops a second chance.  To say he's got a smart guy on staff.  The payoff is too small for the risk.  If true, Sark only sees the benefit and doesn't fully see the risk/loss. 

The primary motivation for hiring Stoops must be a second chance because even if he thinks Stoops is a brilliant defensive mind Stoops DEMONSTRATED on the field that he is a shitty person to his players and a shitty coach.  Furthermore, his brilliant mind, even when not coked up, no longer transitions to the field.  

For his recovery he gets a "well done" and a pat on the back, but not a position coach at Texas.  Give him an analyst position if you insist.  

Sark only stands to gain criticism from this hire and undue attention to a shitty blemish on the team.    Even if Stoops does well, what Texas fan will give him credit.  He's a Stoops.  Fuck that guy.

Edited by RollLeft
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

If that Brian Davis tweet is accurate then holy shit Mike Stoops is trolling by following and liking all those players/coaches on twitter.

Still think based on the circumstantial evidence there's a good chance he's an analyst or I'll give him all the credit in the world to him being an excellent Twitter troll

6 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Didn't TFB report that if Oregon hired a DC not named Tosh then he would come here as a LB coach? 

Yes. Iirc it was basically that Oregon DC gig and the Cowboys DL gigs were probably the only two openings realistically there for Tosh better than simply being our Co-DC / LB coach. Both from a pay standpoint and from a "what puts him on the path to being a HC?" (his end goal). His previous issue at Bama was a failure to properly understand passing defenses and not being a great playcaller. He could now, in theory, join a staff with one of the best modern playcallers alive (PK) AND one of the most respected passing defense scheme minds in football (Joseph). So for many reasons we are an extremely attractive landing spot for Tosh.

I've seen a lot of people take it for granted he could just land another position coach gig in the NFL but those mostly come through direct connections with current DCs / HCs and his last HC is now a DC who didn't want to hire him as DL coach for the Cows so its far from a given he would even have an NFL gig to consider vs taking the Texas job. 

Edit: well, fuck me. I saw the news of the false report broke while I was typing my rant. 

Would I have picked Stoops for the job? No, because I despise the Stoops name as much as anyone here. But I can't fathom actually being as upset about it as some of you are. It's a fucking linebackers coach. Anyone who thinks he's going to have enough on-field influence to make our defense suck, or enough off-field influence to lead Sark back to drinking needs to calm the fuck down. If he brings absolutely nothing else to the table, it seems worth it to have a coach on staff that knows more about defending OU's offense than pretty much any other coach out there. His tenure at OU obviously didn't end well, but let's not forget who was in charge of the OU defense the last time they won a national championship, or the last time they beat Alabama. Sark hit a grand slam with every single one of his other hires, so let's not act like a bunch of pussies over his final piece of the puzzle. 

Edited by TexasPride10
Too slow.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 4