GSU&UT

Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

Whether they find life there or not, I think Jupiter should be considered an enemy planet.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Set up an activity feed showing unread posts that does not include cloak room

winning-the-day-like-a-boss-meme-57806.j

Yeah this makes browsing the things I want so much easier.

3 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

If Hunt Bros. pizza is so good why is it only served in gas stations and truck stops?

I had my first slice of gas station pizza, at a QT, a few months ago. It was about what you expect, but still somehow better than a Hot-N-Ready Little Caesars

People who dont use cruise control on highways. That makes me rage harder than left lane campers. I have a gun in my truck, don't test me bro.

Same assholes, already a slew of the same topics...but the clean, mobile-ready layout and non-Shag title just feels weird.  

Its too bright and fucking cheery for this ragtag group

On 3/25/2018 at 11:39 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Whether they find life there or not, I think Jupiter should be considered an enemy planet.

Doesn’t the mass/gravity of Jupiter help protect the earth from space debri.  

So , why are most roads including side streets in the metroplex concrete instead of asphalt? Sure, it lasts longer but it’s expensive to build and repair. I’ve seen some shitty built concrete roads too.

1 hour ago, SDG said:

Doesn’t the mass/gravity of Jupiter help protect the earth from space debri.  

Yeah, that’s why they are so pissed at us.

when i was a kid i remember the lizards turning from green to brown and back.  we called them chameleons, though they weren't actually chameleons. 

now the lizards are all just brown. 

apparently the color changes lizards were Carolina Anoles, native to the southern US.  the brown-only lizards are Brown Anoles, native to Cuba and the Bahamas.  they got to Florida about 130 years ago, got to Houston about 30 years ago, and have been out-competing the color change lizards.

4 minutes ago, elfenix said:

when i was a kid i remember the lizards turning from green to brown and back.  we called them chameleons, though they weren't actually chameleons. 

apparently the color changes lizards were Carolina Anoles, native to the southern US.  the brown-only lizards are Brown Anoles, native to Cuba and the Bahamas.  they got to Florida about 130 years ago, got to Houston about 30 years ago, and have been out-competing the color change lizards.

27 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Erroneous!  Erroneous!  Just saw a green to brown to green lizard last weekend in my suburban Houston yard.

Just now, Footballpants said:

why did you just change the title of this threas?

I didn't change shit my dude.

15 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

So this is the new cheap post thread to get NSAA access.

been looking for it.  thx. 

my random thought. is alanis morissette still alive?  havent googled it yet. 

On 3/25/2018 at 1:50 PM, 1978horn said:

If you were a hot dog, would you eat yourself?

I would. Then, I'd wash myself down with an ice cold Budweiser. 

2 hours ago, elfenix said:

Is this why I'm seeing so many more lizards these days?

I smashed my finger with a hammer on Friday night while trying to punch a diabetic symbol into the back of a sandwedge, I wasn't sure what the long term ramifications would be, but as of today, I have almost full range of motion and minimal pain with moderate swelling

I use my phone for: weather, maps, music, video media, news, camera, photo library, wife locator, home security control, house thermostat,  email, text messages, kitchen timer, food thermometer display, book reading, calorie log, crossword puzzles, phone calls, exercise log and general research tool. It's overwhelming and i don't think there is any way to go back to the way it was before. 

5 minutes ago, DarthBalls said:

I use my phone for: weather, maps, music, video media, news, camera, photo library, wife locator, home security control, house thermostat,  email, text messages, kitchen timer, food thermometer display, book reading, calorie log, crossword puzzles, phone calls, exercise log and general research tool. It's overwhelming and i don't think there is any way to go back to the way it was before. 

Skynet thanks you

20 hours ago, Homercles said:

Same assholes, already a slew of the same topics...but the clean, mobile-ready layout and non-Shag title just feels weird.  

Its too bright and fucking cheery for this ragtag group

Well we're still all dressed up in our funeral suits.

2 hours ago, jofus said:

why do i sometimes enjoy my own farts?

I overate last night and ended up with a dutch oven boner.  But was sleeping on the couch at that point, so not really enjoyable.

2 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

I will masturbate so enthusiastically tonight that my neighbors will hear me.

like that's different than any other night

I stuck myself with the thorny part of a palm tree leaf (frond?)...just barely...and it swelled up like i got bit by a damn rattlesnake.

No good in your life can come from posting in CR/Politics forums.  Browse occasionally, shake your head, and then leave before engaging.

Edited by Whitman