2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread

Machinator

And I should point out that despite not hanging banners, we have the same number of FF’s as Duke and Kentucky since 2000.  4.  We need to market that.  We’ve always been about banners.  But those are fucking hard to get.  We need to market the program as CURRENTLY elite.

• Hook 'Em 4

Seeing Scott Drew in the NC game kinda makes me wonder about others that made it to the game. One hit wonders or able to repeat or get close to that opportunity. Might have to pull up the teams that have played in the NC game for the last 20 years or so just to see who pops up. 

Kevin Ollie @UConn comes to mind(won it in 2014...  GDit!)

Dont think you can count Stevens @Butler since they made it twice or Few since they’re here again this season. 

Mike Davis at IU

Who was the GTech coach in 2004 when UConn won in SA? 

I would like to see Gonzaga finally get over that hump and win it all. I remember first hearing about this school in the 1998 or 1999 tournament. I believe they went to the Elite 8 and played UConn very tough. They have made the tournament every year since and have had some good seeds but only made the Finals once in 2017.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I would like to see Gonzaga finally get over that hump and win it all. I remember first hearing about this school in the 1998 or 1999 tournament. I believe they went to the Elite 8 and played UConn very tough. They have made the tournament every year since and have had some good seeds but only made the Finals once in 2017.

Same here.  Wonder whatever became of their coach prior to Few?  He left for Minny IIRC. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

And I should point out that despite not hanging banners, we have the same number of FF’s as Duke and Kentucky since 2000.  4.  We need to market that.  We’ve always been about banners.  But those are fucking hard to get.  We need to market the program as CURRENTLY elite.

I love Pauley Pavilion. That place is one of the best on campus arenas that exists, because it's just right there, across from the student union and barely pops out of the ground. Then you go inside and it's all "Whoa!!"

Market that thing some more, because I don't think that people realize how awesome it is to play right there in the front/middle of campus in the middle of all of the action.

Final Fours & PP

Boom, you've got your (hustling) 4 & (non-pampered) 5 stars. And you'll (hopefully) be facing off with Beard's Longhorns between the Elite 8 & The Championship Game about every-other-year.

• Hook 'Em 1

Why is the game on so late--9:20 on the east coast?  Definitely something I don't miss about living in the eastern time zone.  Central is easily the best time zone for most things, although I will say the first time you're on the west coast and can start watching college football at 9:00 AM is a trip.

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Underdog said:

***SKIP THIS POST, BRUIN****

This is pretty cool... 

I watched it, because although, FUCK, it was still a great ending to a great game.  Just sucks to be on the wrong end of it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Someone on twitter compared this to the USC/Texas game where no one gave Texas a chance.  I’m not ready to say that’s what is happening here, but it was an interesting comparison. 

Unfortunately for Baylor Vince Young ain't walking through that door.