Texas basketball '21-'22: Welcome Chris Beard

shadow_operative

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

1.  I couldn’t watch the game due to work - as a dutiful professional, I find more honor in screwing off by perusing Surly than by watching TV - but this sounds awful.  Not caring about the conference tourney is never a good excuse.  He would play walk-ons and rest the starters if we were truly tanking.

2. Having said that, this season is no way a step back from Shaka.  This is most likely a roster with zero future NBA players.  That would be the first roster without NBA talent of any kind at Texas since the mid 90s.  And it would have been a much worse roster with Shaka’s recruits instead of who Beard brought in.  I truly believe we would have been dead last in the Big 12 this year if we stayed the course with Shaka.  This year is comparable to Shaka’s best year last season when he had a much more talented roster. 

Yeah, I don't feel like I'm using it as an excuse. Not that you were directing your comments towards me necessarily. More about my expectations were I'd likely see Texas bounced from the first round simply because of how he did at Tech his five years there with much better teams. 

The season will be a failure if we don't win a first round game. We got rid of an unbridled clown who couldn't win one in 6 seasons. In exchange we get one of the best in business who brought back a good core of returning players and good, not great as we've found out, transfers.  

I like Beard a lot and that won't change with today's result and even if we do lose in the first round. But if the latter happens it will be a failed season because, net, we've got the same post-season result as the fraud who preceded Beard.  And our expectations were so much higher. 

Gotta let it play out next week. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I think Texas will come back from this tough loss and win their 1st Round NCAA Tournament game.

That being said, I was really surprised how poorly Beard coached the 2nd half.  His waited until it was a 1pt game to call his 1st timeout in the 2nd half at the 7:18 mark -- ridiculous !!!

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I have football and basketball program mediocrity fatigue in a big way.

My football fatigue knows no bounds. And I don't have any confidence we have an answer there. At all. As a fan of Texas since the early 70s, the football fatigue comprises 30 of the last 40 years. At least in basketball it only really goes back a decade. I didn't have any real expectations prior to 2002-2008. Hopes, but no real expectations. Under Shaka I had no expectations either after his second season, other than he'd always find a way to fubar things. 

I have an expectation for Beard to win his opening round game. That's a fair expectation to me. Then he'll have an offseason to do more recruiting out of the portal. He has two NBA type talents coming in as freshmen, including a highly touted point guard. I've had fun following this team. I'm excited to see what year two will bring.

45 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

If we can’t get out of the 1st Round next week, then I’m saying it now: This year will have been a step BACKWARDS from Shaka, and the jury will be fully “out” on Beard being any better.

Go look at the roster Beard was going to inherit from Shaka and get back to me on that one.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

I think Texas will come back from this tough loss and win their 1st Round NCAA Tournament game.

That being said, I was really surprised how poorly Beard coached the 2nd half.  His waited until it was a 1pt game to call his 1st timeout in the 2nd half at the 7:18 mark -- ridiculous !!!

I can't believe he shortened his rotations in the 2nd half as well. This team will likely win their 1st round game against a one bid conference champion double digit seed. After that, I pray we face a team without a strong post presence/defense.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

I can't believe he shortened his rotations in the 2nd half as well. This team will likely win their 1st round game against a one bid conference champion double digit seed. After that, I pray we face a team without a strong post presence/defense.

Or a team with multiple players that can take their defender off the dribble. Look at how Texas defended Baylor last time because Beard knew his guys would have a rough time staying in front of Baylor's guards. This Texas team is flawed for sure. Which is why I loved what they've done this year. Need that first round win, though.

• Hook 'Em 1

Wait....  So, the #1 (or thereabout) defense in the nation can't guard the post or guards that can dribble? 

I'm unconcerned about defense. Maybe I don't watch enough.

What I'm concerned about is having one scorer only.  Any tourney coach is going to focus on stopping Jones and taking his chances with anybody else trying to create a shot.

I hope we win, though.

1 minute ago, Snacks said:

Wait....  So, the #1 (or thereabout) defense in the nation can't guard the post or guards that can dribble? 

I'm unconcerned about defense. Maybe I don't watch enough.

What I'm concerned about is having one scorer only.  Any tourney coach is going to focus on stopping Jones and taking his chances with anybody else trying to create a shot.

I hope we win, though.

There just aren't that many good post players or teams that run an offense that goes through the low post any more. Really KU is the only one in the Big 12 that does it with any consistency, and that's because it's an obsession for Bill Self. And frankly, it's not that common to find guards who are at a high level at dribble penetration. Texas plays really good team defense. But they'd be a lot better with more athleticism and length. Not to mention some kind of rim protector for about 20 minutes per game (although that would throw off switching).

The things that the Texas defense is elite at are switching off of screens and transition defense. They're also very good at taking out of the game an opponent's best backcourt scorer. That's a good recipe for a first round game against a double digit seed.

• Hook 'Em 1

1.  Beard's team played a little poorly at the very end of conference.  Check.

2.  Beard's team has early exit in Big 12 Conference Tourney.  Check.

Don't be surprised if y'all make it to Sweet 16 after all of this.  It's kind of his way.  He'll have a well-rested team playing teams that aren't Big 12 caliber and who haven't played this team twice (or 3x as in the case of TCU) already this season.

I'm calling my shot.  You guys will make Sweet 16.  I've seen this script before.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Don't be surprised if y'all make it to Sweet 16 after all of this.  It's kind of his way.  He'll have a well-rested team playing teams that aren't Big 12 caliber and who haven't played this team twice (or 3x as in the case of TCU) already this season.

I'm calling my shot.  You guys will make Sweet 16.  I've seen this script before.

I don't think they were playing that poorly at the end of conference. Baylor is a terrible matchup for Texas. We're just not as athletic at Tech, and Baylor eats us for lunch. They actually played really well in Lawrence. Just couldn't come up with the win even with some really good opportunities. 

The loss to TCU in the opening round of the conference tournament is pure sucktitude after leading 40-22 at the half. Just no way around it. But it will help the players have an edge for their opening round game in the NCAA tournament. We'll see if it helps or not. I don't see the Sweet Sixteen without a #5 seed and the right opponent, and I don't think they'll get a #5 seed. But who knows? 

7 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I don't think they were playing that poorly at the end of conference. Baylor is a terrible matchup for Texas. We're just not as athletic at Tech, and Baylor eats us for lunch. They actually played really well in Lawrence. Just couldn't come up with the win even with some really good opportunities. 

The loss to TCU in the opening round of the conference tournament is pure sucktitude after leading 40-22 at the half. Just no way around it. But it will help the players have an edge for their opening round game in the NCAA tournament. We'll see if it helps or not. I don't see the Sweet Sixteen without a #5 seed and the right opponent, and I don't think they'll get a #5 seed. But who knows? 

#1 was actually more of a response to the Longhorn fans impressions here.  I agree with you, but that was more of "from the fans' perspective".

Beard lives for the big dance.  

1 hour ago, SL Xpress said:

You feel like this team not doing as well as a team with a roster full of NBA players and a true point guard is an unexpected step backwards? This team is not as talented as last year's team. Last year's team underperformed at a ridiculous level. This team has underperformed based on unrealistic preseason expectations, but based on their talent level, I think they've done fine. They've done well if you factor in how new everyone is to one another.

I would have preferred a win over TCU. Losing a 40-22 lead in the 2nd half is pretty sickening, that's for sure. The last minute was excruciating. But it doesn't really have an impact on how I view the season.

It's all about the first round in the tournament. That's unfair in many ways, but that's the society we live in. It's how every coach in college basketball is measured. It's how Chris Beard is measured. He was hired at Texas and is getting paid more than the football coach because of the Elite Eight and national championship appearances at Texas Tech.

He really needs to win the opening round game. That's just how it is.

I get all that....but stepping away and looking at the big picture....a less talented team from previous years, achieving the same, or arguably worse, end-of-season results is exactly that...a step backwards.  And yes, I understand that the "break it down to build it back up" concept.

To Beard's credit, he didn't shy away from or hedge one iota on the lofty preseason expectations...and hopefully he's a better program-builder/recruiter than Shaka was (and that's a very low bar)....but damn, the prospect of losing the last 4 games of the season really puts a damper on things.

Edited by MirrOlure

1 minute ago, MirrOlure said:

I get all that....but stepping away and looking at the big picture....a less talented team from previous years, achieving the same, or arguably worse, end-of-season results is exactly that...a step backwards.  And yes, I understand that the "break it down to build it back up" concept.

To Beard's credit, he didn't hedge or shy away from or hedge one iota on the lofty preseason expectations...and hopefully he's a better program-builder/recruiter than Shaka was (and that's a very low bar)....but damn, the prospect of losing the last 4 games of the season really puts a damper on things.

Well, don't think about the prospects of losing the last four games, then. Think about the prospects of losing 4 of the last 5 games and declaring victory!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

If we can’t get out of the 1st Round next week, then I’m saying it now: This year will have been a step BACKWARDS from Shaka, and the jury will be fully “out” on Beard being any better.

Christ, stop being hysterical. Unrealistic expectations for a rebuild year 1 and already there’s an ultimatum? This is why we can’t have nice things.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Degenerate Gardner said:

Christ, stop being hysterical. Unrealistic expectations for a rebuild year 1 and already there’s an ultimatum? This is why we can’t have nice things.

No, we can't have nice things because we made shitty hiring choices in men's basketball and football. There's a lot of nice things outside of those two sports. Unfortunately, those are the ones that matter. But I feel strongly like we've turned a corner in basketball. Lots of evidence to support it despite the angst being seen here after the shitty loss to TCU.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Its a strange team. A collection of above average college players with no elite talent and no chemistry. I guess we could get to the sweet 16 with some favorable matchups, but a first round exit would be less than shocking. I dont really like the game of any of the players on this team(maybe allen??), but i  certainly don't dislike any of them as people either. As a fan, its just a big collection of "meh." They are capable of good wins when everything is clicking, but we have a pretty low tourney ceiling because we are so damn inconsistent. 

The answer is probably somewhere in thiis thread (god knows how many pages back) but how many new players do we expect on the squad next year? We have  3 freshman incoming correct? How many do we expect to leave? I see 8 sr's on the roster plus Tre mitchell, but with that Covid year exemption, I have no idea how many could come back. 

46 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Its a strange team. A collection of above average college players with no elite talent and no chemistry. I guess we could get to the sweet 16 with some favorable matchups, but a first round exit would be less than shocking. I dont really like the game of any of the players on this team(maybe allen??), but i  certainly don't dislike any of them as people either. As a fan, its just a big collection of "meh." They are capable of good wins when everything is clicking, but we have a pretty low tourney ceiling because we are so damn inconsistent. 

The answer is probably somewhere in thiis thread (god knows how many pages back) but how many new players do we expect on the squad next year? We have  3 freshman incoming correct? How many do we expect to leave? I see 8 sr's on the roster plus Tre mitchell, but with that Covid year exemption, I have no idea how many could come back. 

I don't think any of us do, least of all Beard. Heck, Andrew Jones could come back for a 6th 7th season. Askew and Disu are the ones with a normal amount of eligibility. But in a worst case scenario I could even see Disu exploring options with as little as he's played. I'm not saying that's going to happen. I'm merely emphasizing how little we know about the makeup of next year's roster. I'd also say get used to it. My expectation is a lot of turnover from year to year. Beard hasn't shown a lot of concern about players leaving his program. I'm not going to say he encourages it, but he doesn't exactly discourage it, either.

Edited by SL Xpress
@catdaddyhorn to the rescue!
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Thisythisthis. 

Mehdiocre is the word in my brain for this team.  Hope they hit a hot streak and grab some momentum for next year. Still a first round exit would be fucked, unrealistic preseason expectations aside. 

Edited by hookemATL

1 hour ago, Sal said:

Shaka got six years without good reason other than to ride out his contract. Beard made the tournament in year one with scraps. He's not getting fired any time soon. 

"With scraps." This team started the year in the top 5, and everybody hyped up this team based on our #1 ranked transfer class.

• Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

59 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

To Beard's credit, he didn't shy away from or hedge one iota on the lofty preseason expectations...and hopefully he's a better program-builder/recruiter than Shaka was (and that's a very low bar)....but damn, the prospect of losing the last 4 games of the season really puts a damper on things.

This is a very stupid way of looking at things. Your logic would only make sense if most of last season's roster returned, which was not even close to what happened. 

The best Shaka ever did in 6 years was a 4 seed and loss in the first round. Sure, if we lose in the first round, then Beard's first season will be the tiniest step back from what Shaka achieved in his best season in 6 years. However, you're failing to account for the fact that Shaka left Beard with like 3 guys on the roster for this year, so Shaka was going to be taking a massive step back if he returned, which would be way worse than what Beard put together this year. There's no world in which losing out in the tournament should cause anyone to question if Beard is better than Shaka. Beard had a short offseason and he put together a season that's right up there with Shaka's best in 6 years the very first year he got here. 

2 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

You feel like this team not doing as well as a team with a roster full of NBA players and a true point guard is an unexpected step backwards? This team is not as talented as last year's team. Last year's team underperformed at a ridiculous level. This team has underperformed based on unrealistic preseason expectations, but based on their talent level, I think they've done fine. They've done well if you factor in how new everyone is to one another.

This is where I think Beard fell short this year, it was talent acquisition way moreso than coaching. Sure, he's done fine based on the talent level, but we have a low talent level due to poor evals and poor fits recruited by Beard. He, like many coaches who come to Texas, got caught up in star chasing and didn't properly evaluate for scheme fit, team fit, or character concerns.  This team has no true PG and Carr is a horrible fit for Beard's motion offense. We also took two bigs in Mitchell and Disu who turned out to be way worse takes than a guy one of our assistants was coaching last year that's now killed us at Tech.  If he makes better evals at PG and Center, then this team would definitely be a top 4 seed with this year's coaching. 

I'm hopeful Beard learned some lessons about evaluating and team building from this season, especially because he'll likely need to bring in a good number of transfers again next year. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I don't think any of us do, least of all Beard. Heck, Andrew Jones could come back for a 6th season. Askew and Disu are the ones with a normal amount of eligibility. But in a worst case scenario I could even see Disu exploring options with as little as he's played. I'm not saying that's going to happen. I'm merely emphasizing how little we know about the makeup of next year's roster. I'd also say get used to it. My expectation is a lot of turnover from year to year. Beard hasn't shown a lot of concern about players leaving his program. I'm not going to say he encourages it, but he doesn't exactly discourage it, either.

7th season. 

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

This is a very stupid way of looking at things. Your logic would only make sense if most of last season's roster returned, which was not even close to what happened. 

The best Shaka ever did in 6 years was a 4 seed and loss in the first round. Sure, if we lose in the first round, then Beard's first season will be the tiniest step back from what Shaka achieved in his best season in 6 years. However, you're failing to account for the fact that Shaka left Beard with like 3 guys on the roster for this year, so Shaka was going to be taking a massive step back if he returned, which would be way worse than what Beard put together this year. There's no world in which losing out in the tournament should cause anyone to question if Beard is better than Shaka. Beard had a short offseason and he put together a season that's right up there with Shaka's best in 6 years the very first year he got here. 

This is where I think Beard fell short this year, it was talent acquisition way moreso than coaching. Sure, he's done fine based on the talent level, but we have a low talent level due to poor evals and poor fits recruited by Beard. He, like many coaches who come to Texas, got caught up in star chasing and didn't properly evaluate for scheme fit, team fit, or character concerns.  This team has no true PG and Carr is a horrible fit for Beard's motion offense. We also took two bigs in Mitchell and Disu who turned out to be way worse takes than a guy one of our assistants was coaching last year that's now killed us at Tech.  If he makes better evals at PG and Center, then this team would definitely be a top 4 seed with this year's coaching. 

I'm hopeful Beard learned some lessons about evaluating and team building from this season, especially because he'll likely need to bring in a good number of transfers again next year. 

We were actually a 3 seed last year which makes the loss to ACU even more ridiculous.  

10 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

He was hired in April.  He had a different pool of guys (a more talented pool on paper) looking to transfer to UT than what he had been evaluating for at Tech.  I think you could cut him some slack on this in his first year.

He had talented players willing to transfer to UT, so he took them because the recruiting window was tight.  

Wait...why am I sitting here trying to talk you all off the ledge?  Now I feel dirty.  LOL.  

Edited by Uncle Nate
  • Haha 1

Shaka does no better than 17-15 with this team. If you honestly can’t see why Beard is better than Shaka than you should give up watching the sport all together. Marcus Carr looks like the only draft-able player right now and we vastly lack size and athleticism. Beard will be fine but not this season

Edited by A’Dam Psycho
  • Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Shaka does no better than 17-15 with this team. If you honestly can’t see why Beard is better than Shaka than you should give up watching the sport all together. Marcus Carr looks like the only draft-able player right now and we vastly lack size and athleticism. Beard will be fine but not this season

I would be shocked if Carr is drafted. In 4 years of college ball, he's a career .391 FG% (43% 2P/.33% 3P) shooter, so not a particularly efficient scorer. I never saw consistently strong PG instincts. He also doesn't have great size for the NBA. Who needs a 6'2 shooting guard that cant shoot? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Nate said:

He was hired in April.  He had a different pool of guys (a more talented pool on paper) looking to transfer to UT than what he had been evaluating for at Tech.  I think you could cut him some slack on this in his first year.

He had talented players willing to transfer to UT, so he took them because the recruiting window was tight.  

Wait...why am I sitting here trying to talk you all off the ledge?  Now I feel dirty.  LOL.  

You’re one of the only ones making sense, so if it feels dirty, embrace that and keep posting.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

3 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I'm not entirely convinced Beard didn't sort of tank it a bit in the 2nd half coaching-wise. He probably didn't call a timeout before then because he figured - you know what - I'll let them try and play out of it. If they fuck it up - big whoop - it's the conference tourney - if not - cool. Either way he can use it coaching wise going into the tournament. 

I'm maybe slightly more concerned about our round 1 after this game but not really. This game didn't tell me anything I didn't know already. I actually thought Ramey having a great game was a big positive as he's been a little lackluster towards the end of the season. Carr has made me want to blow my brains out all season - what's new. And he isn't fucking getting drafted. I know a lot of you don't follow the NBA but Jesus. He'd be lucky to get drafted if the draft was 5 rounds. Kendric Davis is twice the player he is, just won AAC poty and KD may come back for a super senior season at SMU. 

2 hours ago, Uncle Nate said:

putting this in spoilers, just to be safe (i'm sharing something i heard secondhand about Beard and this team:

Spoiler

i was speaking to a former UT player recently who told me re: Beard and this team of recruits, that Beard said to him essentially what several of us have been saying: "Look, i went and got the best players i could get on short notice to put this team together. Wait until i get my own type of guys in here in the future." It's exactly what i wanted to hear, and it leaves me with very little doubt about Beard's recruiting strategy moving forward.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

i could not have been more underwhelmed by the two titles that we won under shaka- the NIT and last year's conference tourney. winning the NIT isn't even bittersweet for me, in fact to this day it still irks me more than anything. as far as the conference tourney goes, if we win three games in a row vs OU, BU, and KU, then yeah, i think i'd really enjoy that for what it is, but it still wouldn't be anything that i ever looked back on and felt super proud of or happy about. last year our amazing conference tourney run consisted of us winning two games, one against a TTU team that, as noted, was known for losing in the conference tourney, and then beating a rather mediocre OSU team being led by a teenager. there's no ambiguity on how i feel about the conference tourney- i really don't care about winning it.

10 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

putting this in spoilers, just to be safe (i'm sharing something i heard secondhand about Beard and this team:

Hide contents

i was speaking to a former UT player recently who told me re: Beard and this team of recruits, that Beard said to him essentially what several of us have been saying. "Look, i went and got the best players i could get on short notice to put this team together. Wait until i get my own type of guys in here in the future." It's exactly what i wanted to hear, and it leaves me with very little doubt about Beard's recruiting strategy moving forward.

Did you edit your previous post and I didn’t see it? You posted this before and stated who you were talking to. Anyway, it makes sense to me. Still doesn’t explain the Byron Williams miss, but shit happens. 

Just now, SL Xpress said:

Did you edit your previous post and I didn’t see it? You posted this before and stated who you were talking to. Anyway, it makes sense to me. Still doesn’t explain the Byron Williams miss, but shit happens. 

lol, that doesn't surprise me. my sleep has been nuts lately, so to say i'm experiencing some brain fog is an understatement. the last thing we need is one of our resident loquacious posters making the same posts twice. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i could not have been more underwhelmed by the two titles that we won under shaka- the NIT and last year's conference tourney. winning the NIT isn't even bittersweet for me, in fact to this day it still irks me more than anything. as far as the conference tourney goes, if we win three games in a row vs OU, BU, and KU, then yeah, i think i'd really enjoy that for what it is, but it still wouldn't be anything that i ever looked back on and felt super proud of or happy about. last year our amazing conference tourney run consisted of us winning two games, one against a TTU team that, as noted, was known for losing in the conference tourney, and then beating a rather mediocre OSU team being led by a teenager. there's no ambiguity on how i feel about the conference tourney- i really don't care about winning it.

I’m with you. The regular season title actually means something to me. Somewhere between a Sweet 16 and an Elite Eight. I loved Barnes first year when he took home the trophy. That was extremely fulfilling even if they didn’t go on a deep run or anything. 

The conference tournament was more about wanting to see the team play more, and feeling disappointed at a loss. Also, I do think it’s one of the best conference tournaments out there. Kansas City doesn’t get the events other major cities do, and the tournament is a big tradition there, so they support it in ways other cities don’t. While Texas hadn’t won it before last year, they were in the finals a few times. I thought those were fun. 

But honestly there’s never been a loss in the conference tournament I’ve ever gotten too worked up about. This is probably the biggest one, just because we match up with TCU well, and we had the big halftime lead. It just felt like a big choke job, and that’s disappointing. But going in I knew Beard’s record, so I’d prepared myself. 

8 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

lol, that doesn't surprise me. my sleep has been nuts lately, so to say i'm experiencing some brain fog is an understatement. the last thing we need is one of our resident loquacious posters making the same posts twice. 

As far as I’m concerned I wish you’d post more. I can’t remember the last time you posted anything I didn’t strongly agree with. Or learned something from. 

• Hook 'Em 2

. He was hired at Texas and is getting paid more than the football coach...

I guess on an overall basis he is but not yearly. Beard is 7 years at $5 each and Sark is 6/$34.2 with yearly increases (he made 5.2 this year).

I'm not entirely convinced Beard didn't sort of tank it a bit in the 2nd half coaching-wise. He probably didn't call a timeout before then because he figured - you know what - I'll let them try and play out of it. If they fuck it up - big whoop - it's the conference tourney - if not - cool. Either way he can use it coaching wise going into the tournament. 

After the lead got down to 7 and it was obvious he wasn't going to stop the game I figured this to be a teaching moment. Combine that with his comments post game saying "some of the kids think they have the answers but in reality they don't, you need to be bothered about losing" and I think it's pretty obvious what he was doing and who he was talking to.
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

After the lead got down to 7 and it was obvious he wasn't going to stop the game I figured this to be a teaching moment. Combine that with his comments post game saying "some of the kids think they have the answers but in reality they don't, you need to be bothered about losing" and I think it's pretty obvious what he was doing and who he was talking to.

Hope Beard can bring this team together and play great in the NCAA Tournament... 🤘 

So if I’m understanding the surly scouts correctly, as long as we avoid facing a team who can a) shoot or b) Has size or c) has athleticism or d) has good guard play or e) is a mid-major program with white guys, we should be good to go next week.

Hopefully the committee pairs us with St Edwards.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

So if I’m understanding the surly scouts correctly, as long as we avoid facing a team who can a) shoot or b) Has size or c) has athleticism or d) has good guard play or e) is a mid-major program with white guys, we should be good to go next week.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1