Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 hours ago, Codaxx said:

What a fucking waste. I love that he made that kind of money, but that is the kind if information that can help get him better OL.   Let that shit out into the public domain 

It also makes him a target. I would understand why you don't want to be broadcasting that a 19 year old kid made a million dollars. 

3 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

at 13:50 in the sark press conference, aggy thinks Sark was demeaning the A&M program and they are all whinning about it

Ah. 

Free rent type thing.

So now they are celebrating going 9 and 4. 

Low expectations breed small wins that turn in to gargantuan efforts when others are not living up to their own higher standards.

Got it.

25 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

lol wow they are sensitive.. love seeing them get riled up over something that wasn't even aimed at them..

but if the shoe fits....

It honestly never crossed my mind that that could be applied to aggy when he was talking. Hilarious insecurity by the aggy fanbase, but if it was a low key dig on them it was fucking brilliant. Either way, lulz. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Texas doesn't need a savior, just a league average QB would have Texas bowl eligible right now.

Maybe I'm crazy but I think Casey is the epitome of league average, or slightly above, when he's healthy. Pretty sure there are more than a few Big 12 teams who would straight up trade their QB1 for healthy Casey. If we had a league average defense we would be bowl eligible and then some, likely in the 7-4 range at worst.

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Maybe I'm crazy but I think Casey is the epitome of league average, or slightly above, when he's healthy. Pretty sure there are more than a few Big 12 teams who would straight up trade their QB1 for healthy Casey. If we had a league average defense we would be bowl eligible and then some, likely in the 7-4 range at worst.

You’re probably correct but that has nothing to do with why I want him gone.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Casey has been outplayed by almost every QB in this conference. He is not league average, he is well below it.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Casey has been outplayed by almost every QB in this conference. He is not league average, he is well below it.

Swap Casey with any big 12 qb other than Caleb Williams, and tell me which games we win this year. 

this team is garbage. It’s not all on the QB.

• Hook 'Em 5

13 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

LOL. Casey leads the conference in TD passes and is second in Passer Efficiency Rating. Other than Caleb Williams, Bohanon and Purdy, who do you take over Thompson? Again, if we had a defense with a pulse, we'd be 7-4 or better. Thompson isn't a championship-level QB by any means but he's at a minimum league average (healthy of course).

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, C-Man said:

LOL. Casey leads the conference in TD passes and is second in Passer Efficiency Rating. Other than Caleb Williams, Bohanon and Purdy, who do you take over Thompson? Again, if we had a defense with a pulse, we'd be 7-4 or better. Thompson isn't a championship-level QB by any means but he's at a minimum league average (healthy of course).

He has 11 TDs against Tech and KU. 73% completion and a 10 YPA.

Against everyone else 9 TDs, 54%, 7.23 YPA, and this includes his great game against OU.

Take out those stats and against OSU, ISU, TCU, WVU, and BU (Texas went 1-4) he was 56-107 (52%),-632 (5.91)-4-5.

He's a below average Big 12 QB that put up stats because even a blind squirrel can find a nut in Sarkisian's offense.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 6

Unlike those other QBs, Thompson of course had the distinct disadvantage of not getting to feast on our miserable defense. Well, except in the preseason. And even then he apparently didn't look as good as Card, who of course has proved unproductive under live fire. 

I want to beat Kansas State. But I also hate the idea of letting a malcontent play. So I'm really conflicted. All I'm sure of is that I want Thompson and his loser dad gone from the program ASAP. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, C-Man said:

LOL

Casey- 8th in QBR

9th in Ints/attempt

Casey has faced 4 teams in the top half of total defense in the Big 12 (OSU, ISU, Baylor, WV) his stats:

44/85. 490 yards, 51.8% comp, 5.77 yards/per, 3 TDs, and 4 ints

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

He's feasted on bad defenses. His stats against Oklahoma State, Baylor, Iowa State, and West Virginia are horrible. He's the definition of JAG. Add in the fact that he and his dad are cancers and we can't get rid of them fast enough.

JAG=average, you’re not really disagreeing with the person you’re responding to.

Id say before the injury Thompson was average, after it he was well below it. With his dad being a pain in the ass, it’s not at all worth keeping him around.

As far as Card, the last game was the first game he didn’t completely shit himself all season. He had every opportunity to win this job over a guy we all agree is at best a JAG and he couldn’t come close to doing it.

I’d like to move on from both.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Codaxx said:

What a fucking waste. I love that he made that kind of money, but that is the kind if information that can help get him better OL.   Let that shit out into the public domain 

in his defense, if I was a kid who scored that kind of cash, I wouldn't say shit.  Imagine all the leeches that comes with that. 

12 hours ago, dcar00 said:

I guess my point was more, if you take Ewers does that potentially cause Brown to stop looking at us?  if you take a junior/senior transfer its not as much of a concern for Brown(or any other 2022 QB).

You have preached non-stop that this staff sucks, worst team you've ever watched, and its all fucked till 2024....buttttt you wanna discuss the nuances of taking transfers and how that affects taking top tier recruits. 

brian regan what GIF

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

5 minutes ago, Nivek said:

in his defense, if I was a kid who scored that kind of cash, I wouldn't say shit.  Imagine all the leeches that comes with that. 

I understand that, but there is a reason Saban was talking about Bryce Young being a millionaire before the season. The biggest benefit of NIL for the program is the word getting out that stars are making 7 figs. 

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

I understand that, but there is a reason Saban was talking about Bryce Young being a millionaire before the season. The biggest benefit of NIL for the program is the word getting out that stars are making 7 figs. 

Two competing interests there.   It is kind of the responsibility of the NIL folks to put it out there.   Not like we are going to act 80s Miami and flaunt it.  Though that would help.

8 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

That’s on the coaches to sell. It’s a fine line of broadcasting it to recruits and having your teammates be jealous of you. I can’t imagine every player in the locker room is happy Nate Hatter is making more NIL money than 90% of our starters

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

What's with all this Thompson talk?  We should be talking about our 4 headed QB monster of Ewers, Brown, Rattler, RoJo, and Reclassified Arch that we'll see next year.

#AllGasAndBrakes

fixed it for you. 

Edited by Codaxx

I’m sure Casey Thompson is a nice kid but him and his dad can go play their daddy ball elsewhere. We need to get rid of these type of things on this team and his talent is not even close to being worth it. Yeah, yeah his thumb has been hurt but he was absolutely AWFUL against a terrible TCU defense before the injury. Close to 50% of his passing TD’s this year came against Tech and Kansas. 

Anyway, would be happy with a OL haul of Hutson, Robertson, Agbo and Campbell? Picturing Dewberry or Banks in this class right now seems like a pipe dream.

• Haha 1

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

I’m sure Casey Thompson is a nice kid but him and his dad can go play their daddy ball elsewhere. We need to get rid of these type of things on this team and his talent is not even close to being worth it. Yeah, yeah his thumb has been hurt but he was absolutely AWFUL against a terrible TCU defense before the injury. Close to 50% of his passing TD’s this year came against Tech and Kansas. 

Anyway, would be happy with a OL haul of Hutson, Robertson, Agbo and Campbell? Picturing Dewberry or Banks in this class right now seems like a pipe dream.

As long as the tackle position is addressed in the portal that would be a very very solid interior OL class. Best in at least 4 years.

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

This is 10x better than anything we've had recently. You add two portal stopgaps and develop the sh** outta them and hope they are ready by year two. I am more concerned about pass rush than I am OL

12 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Anyone have an update on Robertson? Looks like he suffered a significant leg injury in Westlake's last game

4 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Big risk having Samples as a WR coach. I'd probably prefer Jeff Banks to move over to WR's and let Samples coach the TE's. If we are going after samples, then we'd likely get him since we have Gilbert already on staff. 

what's the risk?  He's been coaching WRs for the past..2 years?  I don't follow SMU football but from the highlights it seems as if the WR are having no problems catching TDs

• Hook 'Em 2

Im just so fascinated by what sark is going to do with the defensive staff. 

Option A) Let PK bring in his own Secondary guys

Option B) Fire PK and Choate and bring in a more SEC Type coordinator

Option C) Fire everyone not named Bo Davis and start completely over

It's really hard for me to see them letting Gideon go. Thats gotta be a bad PR move with him being a letterman and playing so recently. Thats a lot of alumni support potentially gone out of the window. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting