Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

6 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I have yet to understand why Steve hasn't had Roschon taking some snaps at QB. He absolutely cannot be worse than a lot of what we have been watching. 

He absolutely can and would be worse. He hasn't played QB in years.

Better question - could he play LB next year? RB room is about to be even more stacked.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, UncleBuck said:

Out of every Texas player the past 100 years, I'm gunna guess that ROJO is the LAST one we'd here say "nah, not interested." That kid will play right tackle if he's asked to, and about 2/3 of the roster right now doesn't deserve to get dressed in the same locker room as him. 

probably right based on what we know about him and his QB > RB transition.

just seems like a poor decision when the RBs on the depth chart with him are K Robinson and Gabe Watson.

i am sure that RoJo is the "emergency QB" over Ballard anyway

30 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

More info on Lovo. Thamel says in the thread that he wants to become an AD eventually. Makes sense. Not sure what this role really does 

26 minutes ago, Chopper said:

The job title, senior assoc AD for facilities and ops, gives me the extremely unreasonable hope that getting people paid will fall under his purview.

This. Lovo better be setting up operations for "the game." And I'm not talking about the one that is played on the field.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MuellerHorn said:

This. Lovo better be setting up operations for "the game." And I'm not talking about the one that is played on the field.

I'm not getting my hopes up. But can't hurt to have someone in the AD that's familiar with what it takes to win in football.

Just now, UncleBuck said:

It would be gross, and nearly unacceptable. Wondering what a Fisher departure would be do, if LSU is a serious thing. 

dude the LSU staff is going to be interesting. you have to imagine they want to keep Raymond and Faulk on any future staff.

isn't Mickey Joseph super well thought of as a WR coach? he is also the AHC

https://lsusports.net/staff-directory/

no clue about the rest of their staff, guessing they go a new direction no matter what on offense (turns over the Joe Brady influence at OC + QB), defense too at DC + DL + LB?

Just now, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

You don't say this unless someone like ewers or milroe is in the bag

Milroe recent twitter followers are very, very, very Bama heavy - recents here and then a ton more under Owens

image.thumb.png.2dfce3eae60dd4c23dc9ef318448f64d.png

nothing new on QE: https://en.whotwi.com/quinnewers/friends

same for Evan Stewart: https://en.whotwi.com/0fficial_evan/friends#

funny enough saw folks talking about how Napier was the leader for him because of Stewart following him recently, but nope.

21 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I have yet to understand why Steve hasn't had Roschon taking some snaps at QB. He absolutely cannot be worse than a lot of what we have been watching. 

Southern Miss has gone through like 10 QBs this year, so in their game last week they just said fuck it and released a depth chart with no QBs on it. They put RB Frank Gore Jr. behind center and they won.

20 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Isn't Wright already on his way out? He's completely gone from the depth chart and has stopped traveling with the team.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . The main point is I don’t want Card or Thompson back.

2 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Southern Miss has gone through like 10 QBs this year, so in their game last week they just said fuck it and released a depth chart with no QBs on it. They put RB Frank Gore Jr. behind center and they won.

Southern Miss is currently the #113 OFEI team in the country. they literally have nothing left to lose.

14 minutes ago, NoName said:

Southern Miss is currently the #113 OFEI team in the country. they literally have nothing left to lose.

I mean, for this last game we don’t really either.

But, I’m not seriously advocating for anything, it’s just a fun tidbit. It was only Southern Miss’ second win this season and it was their first against an FBS opponent. They were literally better without a QB.

Edited by Lonestar88

23 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

This tells me Sark doesn't like either QB on campus....and that they will both be gone

If it's true that the Brian Jones kerfuffle is him repeating what Charles Thompson has been whining about? Then I see Casey getting the boot, even if he doesn't transfer.

Card has not adjusted to the speed of the game. He has an NFL arm, but he can't process. 

21 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . The main point is I don’t want Card or Thompson back.

I used to worry that one of them would leave. Now I'm far more worried that one of them won't. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

for reference, here are Sark's actual comments re: the QB competition going into 2022 (21:50)

In case you're not gunna watch it: the question included high school or transfer QB. Sark said yes, that you have to open it up, but it was kinda couched, with some bs about the competition helping to see where you (current QBs) are at. 

Edited by UncleBuck

1 hour ago, Lonestar88 said:

I’d be happy if no QBs on the roster were here next year. Burn that QB room to the ground. Maybe Charles Wright can stay for depth purposes only.

Card is a RS FR with about 3 games worth of actual experience. I am not ready to give up on him just yet and would prefer it if he stuck around as a floor for next season. I think another true offseason with Sarkisian would cause him to take a pretty big leap. Casey seems like he is turning into a malcontent at this point through his dad and allegedly in the locker room (not sure how much weight to put into some of the reports), but he is a guy whose play against good teams does not equal his view of his own abilities. I would be fine if he moved on. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting