Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Earlier this season, people including myself were calling Casey the Points God and similar endearing terms
Now we can’t wait for his toxic ass to transfer

Fans got excited watching the team roll vs Rice and Tech. Those 2 teams have prematurely anointed Longhorns into the hall of fame for decades. 

22 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Sark can can make all the adjustments in the world but if you don’t have the players that can execute those adjustments then it’s still shit results.   If Sark has good players he can out game plan anyone as he proved last year.   The question is can he get those really good football players to come to Texas.  

I thought so too, but then you had the 1 yard 4th quarter masterpiece 

• Hook 'Em 1

The fun part of messageboarding is the abrupt swings between Dumpster Fire and Show Me a Loss! Feels like it’s gonna be a few mins or years until we get back to Show Me a Loss. Call me crazy.

Everyone will be predicting 10 wins by the spring game, same as it ever was
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

That offensive scheme has produced a career HC record of 50-42. 

Curiously, and despite that being obviously an undeniable fact, that’s the bottom of the list of things that concern me.

I choose (foolishly perhaps) to treat his prior HC tenures as in another lifetime, and that this year is just a circumstantial cluster-fuck.

So yeah, I’m pretty much mining deep for positivity….
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

I think I like this? Remind what this guy will be doing and who (if anyone) is doing it now?

Seems like he does the type of stuff I was saying that Sark needs to get off his plate.

7 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I think I like this? Remind what this guy will be doing and who (if anyone) is doing it now?

Seems like he does the type of stuff I was saying that Sark needs to get off his plate.

From @LTtxfan

Found this info....

Fernando Lovo previously worked with Meyer at his stops with Florida and Ohio State. After that, Meyer poured him to the NFL after serving under Tom Herman at Houston and UT.

His primary role at both schools was to lead off-field operations including: strength and conditioning, sports medicine, video, and non-coaching matters. Now Lovo is headed back to the Longhorns. Though it’s not apparent if it will be in the same capacity. 

This move from Lovo's perspective makes no sense. Its certainly puzzling. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

From @LTtxfan

Found this info....

Fernando Lovo previously worked with Meyer at his stops with Florida and Ohio State. After that, Meyer poured him to the NFL after serving under Tom Herman at Houston and UT.

His primary role at both schools was to lead off-field operations including: strength and conditioning, sports medicine, video, and non-coaching matters. Now Lovo is headed back to the Longhorns. Though it’s not apparent if it will be in the same capacity. 

Could just be that NFL/Jacksonville not working out for him and/or family.

4 hours ago, Harvdog said:

We all want to win. 90% of our fan base is completely toxic and thinks we should win just because we are Texas. It’s time to wake up and realize VY ain’t walking through that door tomorrow and neither is Darryl Royal  

This is a little ridiculous. The vast majority of our fans aren’t any more demanding than anyone else’s. After all, we’ve sucked shit through a straw since 2009, and they’re still fans. We also pay big bucks to be fans of this shit. 

And there is a huge difference between “expecting to win because we’re Texas” and getting our asses kicked at home by Kansas. We don’t need VY or Darrell Royal to not get our asses kicked by Kansas. At least we didn’t used to. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

From @LTtxfan

Found this info....

He's coming back to us hat in hand. We can probably use him, but I worry about his loyalty to Herman.

Well if Urban Meyer thinks he's good at his job, I'll take him

Some speculation on 247 that he may be replacing Arthur Johnson (never heard of him but apparently left to be Temple's AD) who was some kind of AD liason for football, bball, baseball. Edit: Maybe not this.

Edited by Tex-19

4 hours ago, Harvdog said:

We all want to win. 90% of our fan base is completely toxic and thinks we should win just because we are Texas. It’s time to wake up and realize VY ain’t walking through that door tomorrow and neither is Darryl Royal.

What an incredibly lame and lazy take.  We are a bonafide blue blood football program that is the in-state flagship university with near limitless resources. There is zero reason for our fanbase to not have lofty expectations every season.  Should Bama, OU or Ohio State fans be considered “toxic” if their programs went through a decade of extreme underperformance as we have? Fuck no.

If anything is “toxic” at UT it’s the administration. Their inability to identify and hire the right coach for this job now three times in a row is absolutely mind boggling.  

At the end of the day, if you can’t find a way to beat Kansas at home, even with all of the roster issues we have, you’re proven to not be the right guy. End of story. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Yev Kassem said:

What an incredibly lame and lazy take.  We are a bonafide blue blood football program that is the in-state flagship university with near limitless resources. There is zero reason for our fanbase to not have lofty expectations every season.  Should Bama, OU or Ohio State fans be considered “toxic” if their programs went through a decade of extreme underperformance as we have? Fuck no.

If anything is “toxic” at UT it’s the administration. Their inability to identify and hire the right coach for this job now three times in a row is absolutely mind boggling.  

At the end of the day, if you can’t find a way to beat Kansas at home, even with all of the roster issues we have, you’re proven to not be the right guy. End of story. 

We should find a way to hold the administration accountable. Having all those resources doesn't matter if you don't use them.

1 hour ago, Yev Kassem said:

I can give 10 years of reasons our fans shouldn't have lofty expectations.

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut

1 hour ago, Yev Kassem said:

Lame and lazy?  If you don’t think all this “let’s fire the coach” talk isn’t lame and lazy then I don’t know what is. 90% of our fans have the expectation that we should be 12-0 every year even when we had crappy QB’s that wouldn’t start at Texas A&M Commerce. 90% of our fans think every single recruit should want to play here just because it’s Texas.  90% of our fans think the second we lose a game that coaches suck and should be fired. 

Our roster is full of guys that peaked in HS. I can name maybe 5 guys in our starting line ups that could start for Baylor, OU or OSU. That’s a result of the shitty job TH did evaluating talent. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Lame and lazy?  If you don’t think all this “let’s fire the coach” talk isn’t lame and lazy then I don’t know what is. 90% of our fans have the expectation that we should be 12-0 every year even when we had crappy QB’s that wouldn’t start at Texas A&M Commerce. 90% of our fans think every single recruit should want to play here just because it’s Texas.  90% of our fans think the second we lose a game that coaches suck and should be fired.  

What’s lame and lazy is pulling random numbers out of your ass. 90%? Give me a break. Surly are not most fans. Most Texas fans are largely apathetic, it’s why our home  game atmosphere sucked for years.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Lose a game? Lol. Try 6 about to be 7 straight. 

Yeah, there's a bit of room between 4-8 and 12-0. That said, I'm fine not blowing it up yet. Recruiting sounds like it's in ok shape surprisingly. If he has a losing season next year, can his ass. 

Edited by Bevo14

Oh I know he won’t be fired right now and have never thought it. The incoming class won’t be what helps us next year outside of maybe a guy or two. If sark wants a quick turnaround he will need some grad transfers and juco guys that are upperclassman and then raid the portal and be strategic in who you go after. Should be fun and interesting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harvdog said:

Our roster is full of guys that peaked in HS. I can name maybe 5 guys in our starting line ups that could start for Baylor, OU or OSU. That’s a result of the shitty job TH did evaluating talent. 

The stupid is really strong in this post. Apparently Harvdog has no issue with a seven game losing streak and the worst football season in 75 years.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Oh I know he won’t be fired right now and have never thought it. The incoming class won’t be what helps us next year outside of maybe a guy or two. If sark wants a quick turnaround he will need some grad transfers and juco guys that are upperclassman and then raid the portal and be strategic in who you go after. Should be fun and interesting.

That’s a novel concept. 

CHIEF

You guys are funny-UT football is not shitty because the fandom somehow creates it, like a just God is smiting us for our arrogance.

If that was the case then Aggie would experience brief periods of success only to have their fandom’s elevated hopes dashed on the shores of their own terminal futility….oh wait!

3 hours ago, Yev Kassem said:

Yep.  And not even the last three times in a row, it's pretty much par for the course here going back in time. 

I’m mourning not only the terrible state of Texas football, but also this thread, that was once a bright spot in a sea of surly bad football threads, with Machinator, Texifornia and other valuable posters. Now this thread is neck and neck with the team for suckage. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

The stupid is really strong in this post. Apparently Harvdog has no issue with a seven game losing streak and the worst football season in 75 years.  

What’s stupid is to think that I accept this.  I don’t. It pisses me off. It makes me more pissed off at TH for the shitty job he did building this roster that lost to Kansas. It pisses me off that we have players that are so toxic that they bitch and complain about everything and laugh when they lose.   Pisses me off that we have QB’s that can’t throw an 8 yard pass with accuracy.  Our OL sucks.  Our DL sucks.  Our LB’s suck.  That’s all on TH and his ability to evaluate talent. It pisses me off that his 2 big classes in 2018 and 2019 has over a 50% attrition rate and most of the highly rated recruits haven’t been big time players.  Sark recruited Xavier and I hate to think where we would be without him.  To think that Sark and PK stopped coaching and are now no better than a Jr High level coach is even dumber.  They need the players that fit their system.  Charlie was a shitty coach, but he recruited some solid players. TH was an asshole and I am glad he’s gone.  I hope he takes a job in the SEC so we can play him and beat his ass every year. 

Edited by Harvdog
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I’m mourning not only the terrible state of Texas football, but also this thread, that was once a bright spot in a sea of surly bad football threads, with Machinator, Texifornia and other valuable posters. Now this thread is neck and neck with the team for suckage. 

That's because we've let it become the football board. Yes the team and coaches sucking are  recruiting related, but there is an entire board devoted to those topics. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting