Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

If you wouldn't take spencer rattler you are a fucking moron. He's way better than anything we have at QB, only reason he got benched is because caleb williams is a fucking beast. 

Still would rather have an older, vocal leader type QB come in even if they aren't awesome. We don't need awesome, we need someone who can make basic throws. Fuck I'd even take Purdue's QB from this season.

The question ISN'T if you'd take Spencer Rattler -the guy who was benched against Texas defenses twice- over your current QBs, the question is would you want Spencer Rattler as your QB. No, we would not. We want someone better than Thompson, Hudson Card, AND Spencer Rattler as our QB. 

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, UncleBuck said:

The question ISN'T if you'd take Spencer Rattler -the guy who was benched against Texas defensive twice- over your current QBs, the question is would you want Spencer Rattler as your QB. No, we do not. We want someone better than Caleb Williams, Hudson Card, AND Spencer Rattler as out QB. 

“The question isn’t would you sleep with her, it’s is she hot?”

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

The question ISN'T if you'd take Spencer Rattler -the guy who was benched against Texas defenses twice- over your current QBs, the question is would you want Spencer Rattler as your QB. No, we would not. We want someone better than Caleb Williams, Hudson Card, AND Spencer Rattler as our QB. 

the fact that you think Caleb Williams isn't good enough to start at Texas is hilarious

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

the fact that you think Caleb Williams isn't good enough to start at Texas is hilarious

I meant Thompson. I edited it. 

Again, it's not about whether he's better than Thompson or Card, that's not a very high bar. We want better than Spencer Rattler, too.

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, UncleBuck said:

I meant Thompson. I edited it. 

Again, it's not about whether he's better than Thompson or Card, that's not a very high bar. We want better than Spencer Rattler. He's massively overrated. 

I don't think he is, I think Caleb Williams is just really fucking good. Spencer Rattler is a conference champion caliber quarterback it's literally on his resume. He wasn't great against Texas, but neither was Caleb Williams, Caleb just got super lucky on arm punts because OU has insane receivers that actually catch the ball.

Spencer Rattler isn't the reason OU sucks this season, it's their very down for OU OL and their questionable defense that combine to make things significantly closer than they need to be. I swear some of you don't actually watch football and just have the game on and visualize the box score.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

I swear some of you don't actually watch football and just have the game on and visualize the box score.

No, I've literally watched Spencer Rattler play two games and it was against my team's questionable defenses and he was benched both times. Outside of that, people who I trust that evaluate QBs don't think much of him, either. Doesn't mean he's not better than Thompson or Card, just means I'd rather have someone better than Spencer Rattler, too. He's overrated. 

Edited by UncleBuck

3 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Only thing I worry about with Rattler is whether he'll be yet another toxic asshole in the locker room.  It seems that pretty much no one likes him on the OU team and he was a real douche in HS.

this is a question worth considering depending on your situation...

there is no concern about him as a player, or there shouldn't be at Texas right now.

but with the current Texas QB room, i would think he would be ok as long as he doesn't take a shit in Bijan's locker.

If your options are:

• Rattler
  • Thompson or Card
  • Lourd
  • Charles Wright
  • Ballard
  • TR FR D Brown
  • TR FR M Murphy

you are taking Rattler over everyone else next year 100% of the time.

• Hook 'Em 7

17 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

The question ISN'T if you'd take Spencer Rattler -the guy who was benched against Texas defenses twice- over your current QBs, the question is would you want Spencer Rattler as your QB. No, we would not. We want someone better than Thompson, Hudson Card, AND Spencer Rattler as our QB. 

IF 👏 YOU 👏 WANT 👏 TO 👏 WIN 👏 PUT 👏 IN 👏 QUINN!

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

He absolutely can and would be worse. He hasn't played QB in years.

Better question - could he play LB next year? RB room is about to be even more stacked.

We had a quarter with one yard of offense against OSU. We had over a quarter with zero first downs against WVU. 

The likelihood of it getting worse is extremely slim.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

No, I've literally watched Spencer Rattler play two games and it was against my team's questionable defenses and he was benched both times. Outside of that, people who I trust that evaluate QBs don't think much of him, either. Doesn't mean he's not better than Thompson or Card, just means I'd rather have someone better than Spencer Rattler, too. He's overrated. 

serious question, but who?

Dane Brugler had him as his #2 QB going into this season, behind Howell

Spoiler

2. *Spencer Rattler, Oklahoma (6-0, 209)

Best trait: Natural arm talent

The first and lasting takeaway from Rattler’s tape is his natural arm talent. Whether in structure, under pressure or scrambling, the ball comes out of his hand quickly and easily with both zip and touch. It doesn’t matter if he is hitting the upfield shoulder on a slant or placing the ball over a defender on a deep shot, Rattler’s combination of accuracy, velocity and trajectory is what makes him such a dynamic passer.

There were numerous plays from the Cotton Bowl tape against Florida that help illustrate Rattler’s impressive arm talent. He was responsible for four touchdowns, but this incomplete pass was one of his more impressive throws all season. Rattler throws a missile 65 yards and puts it over the double coverage and just off the hands of his target.

Must improve: Decision-making

For NFL teams looking for a CEO type of quarterback, Rattler still has much room to grow. Rattler forces the defense to cover every inch of the field because of his arm talent, but his decision-making isn’t quite on the same level. There were times, especially early last season, where he was tardy sorting through his reads, which threw off the play timing and tipped off the defense. But as expected for a redshirt freshman, Rattler showed noticeable improvement with his efficiency and overall play conviction the second half of the season.

2021 season/2022 NFL Draft outlook

A four-year varsity starter in high school, Rattler became the first prep quarterback in the state of Arizona to surpass 11,000 passing yards. He earned five stars as a recruit and the offers poured in from Alabama, Notre Dame and just about every program in the country. However, he forged a connection with Oklahoma’s Lincoln Riley very early in the process and committed to the Sooners prior to his junior season at Pinnacle High School. Rattler hit a few rough patches last season as a first-year starter at the college level, but his consistency improved with his playing time.

Since Riley took over as head coach in 2017, Oklahoma has had four starting quarterbacks — two (Mayfield and Kyler Murray) won the Heisman Trophy and were the No. 1 overall picks in the NFL Draft. Another (Jalen Hurts) was the Heisman runner-up and a second-round pick. Rattler is the fourth quarterback, and although he is not on that Mayfield/Murray level (yet) as a pro prospect, that might change this season.

Spencer Rattler is a really fucking good college QB. I get where you are coming from and maybe he is overrated, those are the people who thinks he isn't  99th percentile CFB QB (overrated) down to a 47th percentile CFB QB. He is still fucking good.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Eh, probably not wrong. 

PROBABLY not wrong?

stop holding on to this shitty point just because you think you need to stand your ground on this point.

Rattler is so much better than Thompson and Card it isn't funny. Rattler is better than either of those TR FR QBs. He is obviously a ton better than Wright/Lourd/Ballard because Thompson and Card are >>> than those 3.

you may not think Rattler is the best QB in the country, but let's not act like he isn't one of the better QBs in the B12 at his absolute floor.

on one side there is you, saying Rattler is shit.

on the other side is basically every other coach, talent guy, fan and everyone else saying Rattler is significantly better than anyone else on that list.

you are on the wrong side here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NoName said:

Dane Brugler had him as his #2 QB going into this season, behind Howell

Just different people I've listened to on podcasts, twitter follows etc... Not like he's ass or anything, just overrated coming into the season. It's not that he doesn't have all of the physical tools, because he's got most of everything you'd want, and he's done some amazing things. I guess I've just seen him absolutely fall apart against two below average defenses and that's just in the front of my head when I hear his name.

9 minutes ago, NoName said:

on one side there is you, saying Rattler is shit.

Now I've said Rattler is shit? Really? Christ all mighty.

#1, part of my reaction is just in jest, because it's an OU QB so "ewww gross." The other part is the two games I've watched him he's been benched. It's pretty simple. I've said he's better than anything we have, and probably by far. I also said I'd like better than him, who you call "one of the better QBs in the Big 12." Yes, I'd want better than that. I want the best QB in the big 12, which isn't exactly loaded with great QBs right now.

Got damn, never guessed that not sucking Spencer Rattler's dick would get such a reaction on this place.

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1

Rattler is a tough eval - looked great late last year which built all the hype, obviously has arm talent, but has managed to be the worst starting QB Lincoln has ever had at OU. That's not a good sign. Important to consider the culture impacts too. Major negative that we're not in a position to ignore.

Ultimately, probably an improvement but not super exciting. Think we can do better in the portal.

And yeah, not happening regardless.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Fondren & Main said:

Did people really think Bijan was leaving?  He was in every sideline huddle of the West Virginia game.  He and X are the offensive leaders with RoJo…

Yea I mean when every possible shitty thing has happened as a longhorn fan this season you just learn to expect the next shittiest thing. But yea it’s a dumb thing to worry about

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Rattler is a tough eval - looked great late last year which built all the hype, obviously has arm talent, but has managed to be the worst starting QB Lincoln has ever had at OU. That's not a good sign. Important to consider the culture impacts too. Major negative that we're not in a position to ignore.

Ultimately, probably an improvement but not super exciting. Think we can do better in the portal.

One reason Rattler struggled was the run game. OU did not have a great OL this year and taking away the QB run really hurt them. Rattler is a better fit for Sark, but he is doesnt seem like the kind of guy you want to to add to a program that is having "culture" issues. Talented, but douchey. That said he is far better than anything on the 40 currently

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 3

Am I the only one who thinks this board is sleeping on Devin Brown big time? Feel like he barely gets discussed on here even though he's a top 50 overall recruit and sounds like we have a great chance with him.

On3 just moved him up to #27 overall, #2 QB in the class.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

Just now, Tex-19 said:

Am I the only one who thinks this board is sleeping on Devin Brown big time? Feel like he barely gets discussed on here even though he's a top 50 overall recruit and sounds like we have a great chance with him.

I'd say he'd probably be a good get, but I wouldn't want anyone to think I'm saying he's shit.

3 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Agree. Would he be an EE?

4 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

it would be an amazing pull at this point. That said Sark would be committing malpractice if he did not bring in someone from the Portal. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

The board isn't sleeping on Devin Brown, rather it's not pinning its hopes on a true freshman QB. That being said, he should definitely be a take.

• Hook 'Em 4

23 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

The thing I noticed with him against Texas both years is that he wasn't able to identify the open player and make the pass quite a few times. Even this year, there was a few times where the TE / IWR came open due to the play design, and he didn't look that way. Given how we are pretty annoyed with our current QBs for the same issue, doesn't seem like Rattler would be the best option to target.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

it would be an amazing pull at this point. That said Sark would be committing malpractice if he did not bring in someone from the Portal. 

Yeah sorry I wasn't saying that totally in reference to a solution for next year. Just in general. He could end up being our biggest get in this class but gets mentioned about 1/4th as much as Harris or the OLs and about 1/10th as much as Stewart lol

Rattler is a level of douche i don't wanna see at texas period. I dont wanna see dudes who hit women. I dont wanna see dudes who get caught with a carload of drugs. I dont mind them doing them. Just dont be such a dumbass to get caught. 

And i especially dont want a QB1 who is so douchey ,his own team wont hang out with him. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Fong says Texas leads for Stewart, he just doesn't trust our QB situation and is trying to wait it out as long as possible.

So basically, Texas gets any QB that could be seen as potentially better than Thompson/Card, Stewart is going to Texas. It's not like aggy has a very compelling QB room either.

41 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I would be really excited to get Brown, but you are acting like he is committed here already. He is still a USC commit as of today, and any program relying on a true freshman to come in and save them from Day 1 is due for a ton of disappointment. I don't even want Arch Manning to be a Day 1 starter quite frankly. 

I still feel like Ewers would be a bit of a gamble as well with everything going on with him over the last year. No doubt, someone will step up, but it is an exception and not a rule.  

44 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Do we take two QBs in this class if we get a portal QB? Say Ewers, for instance. Just to pick a random name. 

13 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I would be really excited to get Brown, but you are acting like he is committed here already. He is still a USC commit as of today, and any program relying on a true freshman to come in and save them from Day 1 is due for a ton of disappointment. I don't even want Arch Manning to be a Day 1 starter quite frankly. 

I still feel like Ewers would be a bit of a gamble as well with everything going on with him over the last year. No doubt, someone will step up, but it is an exception and not a rule.  

Texas doesn't need a savior, just a league average QB would have Texas bowl eligible right now.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Dumpster Fire Notes 2022 - 12 Years a Knave
  • closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting