Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

19 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

BJ foster, Casey Thompson and his dad are actively trying to burn Texas to the ground and we are still saying Sark should have found a way to have a good season. That makes a lot of sense. The defensive leader and offensive leader of the team being cancerous pieces of shit seems like a super good situation to start your tenure. Carry on. #Traylor2024. #He’sTheAnswer. Lulz 

Yea, who could expect Sarkisian to overcome the monumental task of dealing with a whiny parent. Impossible for sure.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Banks visited Aggy today. This season was an absolute disaster and we should've saw it coming after the Arkansas game. Fire PK and pray we can portal our way out of here.

*seen

4 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

Jackson made a mistake though, he definitely would be playing right now, and it wouldn’t have been for Herman and his staff, who he had beef with.

*whom

4 hours ago, Atticus said:

He's a short, low football IQ, weak-armed mobile QB without much room for improvement.

he’s not mobile.

4 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

Thompson and Card both suck, if Sarkisian had another plausible option, he would’ve went to it.

*gone

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Everything is so simple for the internet genius.

They're just bitching about something they have no control over, it's a coping mechanism.

They shouldn't need to win the recruiting beauty contest to get this team roster healthy again. Hopefully they have quality backup options for when their top targets finally commit elsewhere.

Herman's fallback options were usually highly ranked trash. Sark has to hit on a number of guys in this class as part of his foundation moving forward.

Edited by Atticus

26 minutes ago, Atticus said:

They're just bitching about something they have no control over, it's a coping mechanism.

Pretending that none of this is on the coaches is also a coping mechanism. That way, you can just hope to land 30 players from the transfer portal and everything will be a-okay next season.

Everything on this board right now can be classified as a coping mechanism.

30 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Pretending that none of this is on the coaches is also a coping mechanism. That way, you can just hope to land 30 players from the transfer portal and everything will be a-okay next season.

I’ve talked plenty of shit over the past couple months about the coaches but watching Texas players for the past 10+ years tells me there’s more to it than that. There’s a deep rooted culture problem that no coache is going to quickly resolve. Unfortunately, Tom Herman was probably the worst coach imaginable for perpetuating that culture.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

32 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

The lion's share of the blame is on the coaches, they are the ones in charge. Whatever they are doing isn't getting these players to perform well enough to win games. That much is known.

It is easier to troubleshoot by replacing players than it is by replacing coaches. If the coaches continue to fail with players that they've chosen, then they are the ones who will get replaced the next time around.

6 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

BJ should thank every coach during his tenure. As soon as his final down is over at Texas he won’t ever step on professional field again.

I was thrilled when he finally committed here between us and TCU, his defensive film was meh but he looked like a really good athlete on offense. I was hopeful he'd turn into something more than this. He's a LOS player who doesn't wanna mix it up. He's worse as he gets further from the LOS, so his best position is on the bench.

9 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I’ve talked plenty of shit over the past couple months about the coaches but watching Texas players for the past 10+ years tells me there’s more to it than that. There’s a deep rooted culture problem that no coache is going to quickly resolve. Unfortunately, Tom Herman was probably the worst coach imaginable for perpetuating that culture.

I agree that there is a deeper culture problem, but players come and go even faster than coaches. There has to be rot among the people that have been constants. 

6 minutes ago, Atticus said:

The lion's share of the blame is on the coaches, they are the ones in charge. Whatever they are doing isn't getting these players to perform well enough to win games. That much is known.

It is easier to troubleshoot by replacing players than it is by replacing coaches. If the coaches continue to fail with players that they've chosen, then they are the ones who will get replaced the next time around.

I agree with all of this. And we all know Sarkisian is not getting fired right away, the administration will give him his chance. I don’t have much optimism that he will do anything with it though.

Herman had Papa Forman his 1st year. And a team that hated him. Course that same team loved Strong and still couldnt beat Kansas for him. 

But Strong left NFL talent when he left. Name me one guy who will for sure go in the 1st 2 days?  

What Sark is dealing with is worse. The question is , does he have it in him to fix it. 

• Like 1

As someone who saw JQJ in high school a few times, I was pretty excited about what he might be able to do at Texas. One huge playoff game Duncanville Vs Southlake with Tom Herman in attendance and Quinn Ewers Vs JQJ. And I didn’t even follow up to see where he landed. So then I look up the Utah roster and see he’s played a little bit this season as a RB. Wonder if he will end up like Roshon Johnson. I don’t follow Utah football at all.

JQJ @ Utah:

2021: Has seen action in three games, recording six carries for 30 yards (5.0 ypc) and one touchdown as a reserve running back.

14 hours ago, squeegeedegg said:

Casey and his dad treating the entirety of the college athletics experience like Game of fucking Thrones has been such a beating.  Allowing this guy to play politics with the QB room over the years is inexplicable ineptitude.  

Yeah, and their kiss-ass mouthpiece is FCB

5t34mj.gif

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

As someone who saw JQJ in high school a few times, I was pretty excited about what he might be able to do at Texas. One huge playoff game Duncanville Vs Southlake with Tom Herman in attendance and Quinn Ewers Vs JQJ. And I didn’t even follow up to see where he landed. So then I look up the Utah roster and see he’s played a little bit this season as a RB. Wonder if he will end up like Roshon Johnson. I don’t follow Utah football at all.

JQJ @ Utah:

2021: Has seen action in three games, recording six carries for 30 yards (5.0 ypc) and one touchdown as a reserve running back.

Last I saw, he was still the backup QB behind Rising on the depth chart. He only moved up after Charlie Brewer left the program though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Etexhorn13 said:

I mean, i get that it is what it is and I also understand if you don’t watch the games or anything, but the amount of drops or missed throws on open plays is the most frustrating thing to take away here, IMO. it’s not like he’s running 3 yards and a cloud of dust or something, but you just keep being you. 

Defenses quickly make adjustments and Sark is unable to adjust. 

9 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

Mel tucker wants a word with you. He pulled in like 20 transfer guys at Michigan state for Christ sake, including a kid who was a heisman contending rb for parts of the year but yeah that’s a tall task for Texas. 

8 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

I agree with all of this. And we all know Sarkisian is not getting fired right away, the administration will give him his chance. I don’t have much optimism that he will do anything with it though.

If Sark does get 30 some odd new scholarship players like he said at least he did something.  

Now,  whether he can get anything done with them is another question. 

• Like 1

JQJ @ Utah:

Someone told me that he had interest in coming back to Texas. Who knows if true.

1 hour ago, FloridaHorn said:

I’m no Sark apologist, but his scheme and adjustments aren’t the problem. There were receivers running open in every game this year and our QBs either miss the read or make a shit throw. I can think of 10-12 times this year where they have missed wide open guys on deep balls that would have been TDs. Scheme hasn’t been great for us on defense, but that is not the offensive problem on this team

Simple math tells you when Casey is trying to force the ball into Worthy who is blanketed by 3-4 DBs, someone else has to be wide open.

*Granted, Worthy still probably has a higher percentage chance of actually catching the ball.

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Simple math tells you when Casey is trying to force the ball into Worthy who is blanketed by 3-4 DBs, someone else has to be wide open.

Additionally, Sark's offense is read progression one. You read in the same order damn near every time depending on the playcall. Casey just takes way too long to go through his reads. Card started looking good yesterday after that fluke catch and he consistently started going through his reads. The OL gave him some time, but he was reading quickly enough to find the open guy.

Casey seems to try, but either can't or refuses to see the entire field.

• Hook 'Em 2

All that is left now is to play out our seven (!!!!!!!!) game losing streak in front of hundreds of fans Friday so we can get on with firing our defensive staff and selling everyone on immediate playing time. The only positive thing I can see about this season is that it is about to be over. The Big 12 is almost done raping our lifeless corpse and by Saturday we will be wrapped up in a bloody stained carpet and thrown in a dumpster. 

Edited by Newy25
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Imagine you are a long haul truck driver and you take a new job to haul trailers. You show up and see the trailers….they look decent and you know that you have done it in the past so this won’t be an issue. When you dive deep you see that they have given you a lawn mower to haul the loads. Going to be tough to get the job done. Once you get your truck, this will be much easier. It will just take a year to get your rig. 

I get what you are saying,  but a good businessman would do something with what he has and not spin the wheels on the lawn mowers until the trucks arrived. 

Maybe haul some lighter loads.  

1 hour ago, Harvdog said:

Give the coach his time to build the roster with players that WANT to be here, WANT to play for Texas and that fit the scheme. All the bitching and whining about “fire this coach” ain’t helping the perception of the fan base and the actual job. If Sark can’t get this rolling by year 3, then I am all for making a change. But goddamn, let the guy get his players in and see what he can do. 

This is what has to be done, and I think everyone here knows it, even if they don't like it or think it will ultimately be successful.  Give the coaches time to get the roster full of "their" players, and then judge them on the results with those players.  I don't think I've ever felt less hopeful after a first season than I do right now, but we just have to see this thing through even if we don't expect it to be successful.  People can bitch or pump sunshine depending on their preferred method of cope, that's what message boards are for, but it won't change anything.  

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

*Granted, Worthy still probably has a higher percentage chance of actually catching the ball.

On the throw when Thompson tried to force it in to Worthy despite five defenders being within 15 feet of him, I at first thought, "What a bad decision. Someone else had to be wide open." Then I immediately thought, "That someone probably was Washington or Brewer, and Casey didn't dare throw it to either guy."

This is what has to be done, and I think everyone here knows it, even if they don't like it or think it will ultimately be successful.  Give the coaches time to get the roster full of "their" players, and then judge them on the results with those players.  I don't think I've ever felt less hopeful after a first season than I do right now, but we just have to see this thing through even if we don't expect it to be successful.  People can bitch or pump sunshine depending on their preferred method of cope, that's what message boards are for, but it won't change anything.  

The fun part of messageboarding is the abrupt swings between Dumpster Fire and Show Me a Loss! Feels like it’s gonna be a few mins or years until we get back to Show Me a Loss. Call me crazy.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Defenses quickly make adjustments and Sark is unable to adjust. 

Sark can can make all the adjustments in the world but if you don’t have the players that can execute those adjustments then it’s still shit results.   If Sark has good players he can out game plan anyone as he proved last year.   The question is can he get those really good football players to come to Texas.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Harvdog said:

This team doesn’t have the right players to run either scheme. It’s laughable that some people think these guys forgot how to coach once they stepped foot in the 512. I think we are all guilty of watching the Alamo bowl last year and thinking we were going to be a team competing for the Big 12 and beyond. This year has proven that TH was a terrible recruiter and evaluator of talent. The glaring holes on both lines, the lack of a decent LB and WR’s that can catch is all on him. 

Imagine you are a long haul truck driver and you take a new job to haul trailers. You show up and see the trailers….they look decent and you know that you have done it in the past so this won’t be an issue. When you dive deep you see that they have given you a lawn mower to haul the loads. Going to be tough to get the job done. Once you get your truck, this will be much easier. It will just take a year to get your rig. 

We all want to win. 90% of our fan base is completely toxic and thinks we should win just because we are Texas. It’s time to wake up and realize VY ain’t walking through that door tomorrow and neither is Darryl Royal. Give the coach his time to build the roster with players that WANT to be here, WANT to play for Texas and that fit the scheme. All the bitching and whining about “fire this coach” ain’t helping the perception of the fan base and the actual job. If Sark can’t get this rolling by year 3, then I am all for making a change. But goddamn, let the guy get his players in and see what he can do. 

+1 for an excellent avatar

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

The fun part of messageboarding is the abrupt swings between Dumpster Fire and Show Me a Loss! Feels like it’s gonna be a few mins or years until we get back to Show Me a Loss. Call me crazy.

Agree.  7-8 wins in the regular season should be the reasonable expectation for next year.  

1 minute ago, stork642 said:

Sark can can make all the adjustments in the world but if you don’t have the players that can execute those adjustments then it’s still shit results.   If Sark has good players he can out game plan anyone as he proved last year.   The question is can he get those really good football players to come to Texas.  

Yeah, the only thing I feel good about right now is the offensive scheme. 

Earlier this season, people including myself were calling Casey the Points God and similar endearing terms
Now we can’t wait for his toxic ass to transfer

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting