Jump to content

Bo Schembechler (probably) covered up hundreds of child molestations


texifornia

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yes there's been shitloads of that in the past, a lot of Ohio St to OU as Texas is to Michigan.  Sup bro?

Anyways, it wasn't true then, and now it sure as shit isn't true.  Yikes

I’ve mentioned it before but the posters in this community are a lot more similar to Michigan State fans. I joined tRCMB shortly before they moved from being an independent site to part of the 24/7sports network and then they went through a software “upgrade” that turned that network to shit. (And they also gobbled up the Scout.com network where I was active for a long time.)

I originally joined Shaggy to help a guy find a good restaurant in Columbus and I was successful in doing so. It was a legit Japanese place called Kihachi and sadly that chef retired a few years ago and they shut down. But Shaggy had more traffic than tRCMB and offered a better place to waste my time making sarcastic jokes. The shaggy interface was more user-friendly than Surly but this probably isn’t the place to get into that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I’ve mentioned it before but the posters in this community are a lot more similar to Michigan State fans. I joined tRCMB shortly before they moved from being an independent site to part of the 24/7sports network and then they went through a software “upgrade” that turned that network to shit. (And they also gobbled up the Scout.com network where I was active for a long time.)

I originally joined Shaggy to help a guy find a good restaurant in Columbus and I was successful in doing so. It was a legit Japanese place called Kihachi and sadly that chef retired a few years ago and they shut down. But Shaggy had more traffic than tRCMB and offered a better place to waste my time making sarcastic jokes. The shaggy interface was more user-friendly than Surly but this probably isn’t the place to get into that. 

I’m not sure why you’re here. You’re an insufferable prick in any thread. 

The comparisons to Michigan and OU/OSU are kinda valid in that they comprise the top 2 rivalries in college football and both have similarities: Michigan and Texas own the series record, and all-time wins (until our recent downturn where we moved to 4th, supplanted by OSU and Bama), OSU and OU have more Titles and Heisman winners and have had better recent history within each respective series. I don’t get into academic smack talk, but understand the Michigan-Texas Public Ivies comparisons. Fact is, OSU is up there academically as well and far surpasses OU. 

But culture being culture, we are much more akin to OU than any Midwest school, even if UT grads are more cultured and affluent than OU grads. And clearly, there is some Michigan-Ohio-Pennsylvania cultural connection and in the last 10 years, it’s seedy side has shown its ass to the world. If I were a Penn St or Michigan fan before, I would no longer be so. If I were a Baylor grad, I’d have a really hard time rooting for them with the way their admin bungled the Briles deal, and they should have nuked the basketball program after Bliss. Baylor grads I know are pretty measured in their responses post Briles. Penn St fans are not, and I cannot stand that school. I am encouraged that there are plenty of ex players speaking out against Bo. Harbaugh’s comments are going to hasten his demise. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Don’t gaslight me. I saw it. 

 I am not trying to gaslight you. I just don't recall a thread that was dedicated to blasting ORD alone, or a mod joining in on the fatwa. There  was a single thread where posters would go to bitch about posters and get others to both pos rep them and neg rep whoever they were bitching about. TOS rep worked by allowing those with a certain amount of rep score to able to rep someone until they ran out. The higher the score, the more you could rep and I think it was even more weighted at one point. So they would go to that thread and rep each other to build up the ability to keep repping. Mods didn't have to recharge anyone.

Yes, you saw people bitching about him because he said some condescending shit on our site first and then someone found him talking shit about us on a buckeye board. He essentially said he thought we were losers. That was mean after acting like he thought we were good peeps on our site. So some tried to flush him out but HE is the one that jumped ship on his own after a double finger salute. Which was too bad because he started the Shit I cooked lately thread and was a good contributor.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"They said Bo hated injuries and looked down on players who didn’t play through pain. He didn’t want them seeing the doctor. And it was expressed that knowing about the allegations against Anderson gave him leverage if Anderson said a player couldn’t play. Oh yes he can! It’s just a sad state of affairs." - Whatthe Buck
what I don't  understand is why would you want a injured player to play? I mean if he is really hurt and a doctor says he shouldn't play then how is he going to be reliable on the field. It is a shitty reason to look the other way. I am not ready to say he is a molester and that is why he protected the doc but he definitely had a different reaction than most fathers when his son told him about it.
And in regards to neg repping ORD, they were not recharged by a mod but by other posters giving them pos rep in that thread. No mods were involved in recharging, iirc. Ord bailed on the board on hos own because those assholes that were pissed at him weren't gonna beat out the rest who liked him. He was a good poster. 
*My high school head coach had a similar philosophy, (without the doc rape) and it extended to wearing no more padding than the standard helmet, shoulder pads and padded pants..no elbow pads, neck rolls, gloves etc. It wasnt so much prohibited as discouraged by saying things like "this Friday we'll go up against a bunch of pussies padded from head to toe, lets make sure they need every single one of those femine pads". That sort of thinking extended down the ranks to every level including middle school to some extent. But you know what? From my Freshman to senior year...the same core group of guys I played with only lost 2 games total, including some we had no business winning, we simply out-toughed some much bigger, faster, stronger teams. Unfortunately the two losses were bi-district playoff games where attrition due to injuries took their toll.

*not an endorsement of playing injured and not protecting minor injuries with pads. I saw more than one dislocated shoulder popped back into place and personally had a broken finger wrapped up in a plastic splint so I could finish the game, not exactly a fun night.
  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I’ve mentioned it before but the posters in this community are a lot more similar to Michigan State fans. I joined tRCMB shortly before they moved from being an independent site to part of the 24/7sports network and then they went through a software “upgrade” that turned that network to shit. (And they also gobbled up the Scout.com network where I was active for a long time.)

I originally joined Shaggy to help a guy find a good restaurant in Columbus and I was successful in doing so. It was a legit Japanese place called Kihachi and sadly that chef retired a few years ago and they shut down. But Shaggy had more traffic than tRCMB and offered a better place to waste my time making sarcastic jokes. The shaggy interface was more user-friendly than Surly but this probably isn’t the place to get into that. 

Wow... cool story sis....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I originally joined Shaggy to help a guy find a good restaurant in Columbus and I was successful in doing so.  

Accomplishments don't get much bigger than that for an Ohio State graduate. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

The time is right for them to bring back the Legends & Leaders for the Fat 10 conference divisions.

Legends - Dahmer, Gacy, ORD Buckeye

Leaders - Paterno, Schembechler, Sandusky, WhatTheBuck

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Legends - Dahmer, Gacy, ORD Buckeye

Leaders - Paterno, Schembechler, Sandusky, WhatTheBuck

HH Holmes went to Michigan for a little bit. Can we count him?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I’ve mentioned it before but the posters in this community are a lot more similar to Michigan State fans.

You are such a bitch. You are the only person on Earth who thinks that's a valid comparison. Michigan State fans are nothing like Texas fans. Nice try at passive shade, though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

You are such a bitch. You are the only person on Earth who thinks that's a valid comparison. Michigan State fans are nothing like Texas fans. Nice try at passive shade, though. 

Yelling at him is basically like yelling at futureman in sheer pointlessness, but yeah, nothing alike. My granddad went to Mich State, I always pull for them in the B1G, they are absolutely nothing like UT in almost any way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’m not sure why you’re here. You’re an insufferable prick in any thread. 

The comparisons to Michigan and OU/OSU are kinda valid in that they comprise the top 2 rivalries in college football and both have similarities: Michigan and Texas own the series record, and all-time wins (until our recent downturn where we moved to 4th, supplanted by OSU and Bama), OSU and OU have more Titles and Heisman winners and have had better recent history within each respective series. I don’t get into academic smack talk, but understand the Michigan-Texas Public Ivies comparisons. Fact is, OSU is up there academically as well and far surpasses OU. 

But culture being culture, we are much more akin to OU than any Midwest school, even if UT grads are more cultured and affluent than OU grads. And clearly, there is some Michigan-Ohio-Pennsylvania cultural connection and in the last 10 years, it’s seedy side has shown its ass to the world. If I were a Penn St or Michigan fan before, I would no longer be so. If I were a Baylor grad, I’d have a really hard time rooting for them with the way their admin bungled the Briles deal, and they should have nuked the basketball program after Bliss. Baylor grads I know are pretty measured in their responses post Briles. Penn St fans are not, and I cannot stand that school. I am encouraged that there are plenty of ex players speaking out against Bo. Harbaugh’s comments are going to hasten his demise. 

PSU fans are the actual worst. I was in the mid-Atlantic for a bit and there's a lot of paterno truthers. 

Edited by Cardinal12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

You are such a bitch. You are the only person on Earth who thinks that's a valid comparison. Michigan State fans are nothing like Texas fans. Nice try at passive shade, though. 

I have no idea a) why he’s here and b) how he has so much rep, ostensibly 90% of which comes from the CR. He’s the worst “serious” poster on this Board. Not counting idiots like Drew. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Cardinal12 said:

PSU fans are the actual worst. I was in the mid-Atlantic for a bit and there's a lot of paterno truthers. 

Mentioned here before that I had a neighbor, not neighbor anymore, who said that "Sandusky quit coaching football to help kids", and that was after the scandal had broken.

Yes, former neighbor is a Nitter and proud graduate of State Pen University located in Crappy Valley.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we're going to damn by comparison, then I think there's a subset of Ohio State fans that are VERY similar to Aggies. It's not enough to have something intrinsically good or that they like, they want everyone's validation too. So it's not "we have a great stadium", it's "WE HAVE TEH BEST STADIUM". It's not "we have a great band" it's "OUR BAND IS TEH BEST!!!!"

Etc etc. These are the same Ohio State fans who bitched and moaned about "TRAITORS!" in the 70s, 80s, and 90s when a lot of the best Ohio kids played for Michigan but now proudly talk up how Ohio State "owns" the state of Texas. That kind of total inconsistency is, again, very Aggie-like. 

There's a lot to dislike there.

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

10 Things I hate About Blue:

1) No consent needed

2) no Sex with the age of majority

3) Denard’s shoelaces

4) thick rimmed glasses

5) mascot has sideburns

6) Harbaugh sleepovers

7) black socks (Fab 5)

🤓 Harbaugh

9) “Maize” - really?

10) the big house

 

 

Edited by DaggerHorns
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Yep, and I work w/ one.  PSU grad and Philly native/resident.  It doesn't get more annoying than that.

Picture Fat Dom from the Sopranos. 

I’m from Texas, so I’m of course arrogantly biased against everyone in the world who isn’t from Texas.   But it seems Pennsylvania might be the worst in the USA.  It’s like an unholy fusion of Philly/New York/New Jersey jerks with Midwestern/Appalachia slack jawed couch burning yokels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I’m from Texas, so I’m of course arrogantly biased against everyone in the world who isn’t from Texas.   But it seems Pennsylvania might be the worst in the USA.  It’s like an unholy fusion of Philly/New York/New Jersey jerks with Midwestern/Appalachia slack jawed couch burning yokels.

It really is an odd state. Philly doesn’t have a lot to do with New York and in fact has the most massive inferiority complex about NYC, and for good reason. NYC is superior to Philly in every single way. They are much more obnoxious as fan bases and individuals than any New Yorkers I’ve ever met as a result. Their part of Jersey, South Jersey, takes on the persona of Philly and is almost more outlandish. 

In the middle of the state you have people that pride themselves on not being from Philly or Pitt. Pitt is probably the only redeemable part of the state. Philly is the absolute equivalent of large market Aggy. State College is so much more Aggy than Aggy. If Zach Smith fucked Listeater, and produced a school, it’d be that cult up in State College. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

You know--I still have that costume in my garage.  I was thinking of throwing it out, but damned if I might not have to keep it around until 2024.

Hahaha.  I literally came to post " I wonder if this means GoLL will be headed to Ann Arbor?" and the very last post is yours.  Touche, my friend.

spacer.png

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

And I haven't read this whole thread, but the idea of a Dr molesting a 250lb football player seems odd.  Why wouldn't the player just put him through a wall?

 

8 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

This

He was 10 at the time

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

 

He was 10 at the time

Was referring to the two players that came forward.... But yeah it takes a special kind of sicko to let your own son be molested and do nothing about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

You know--I still have that costume in my garage.  I was thinking of throwing it out, but damned if I might not have to keep it around until 2024.

Fire up the go fund me for game this year

Edited by GTNY
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You know--I still have that costume in my garage.  I was thinking of throwing it out, but damned if I might not have to keep it around until 2024.

Like any of us believe you haven’t broken that out with the Mrs. every once in a while.
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Holy fucking shit, this is from Yahoo's writeup of the same press conference:

<quote>Also not new is the idea that Bo Schembechler, who died in 2006, knew generally of Anderson’s abuse. A recent university-funded report even detailed numerous stories of Bo being directly told. That included one from Daniel Kwiatkowski, an offensive lineman from 1977-79, who on Thursday detailed his own molestation by Anderson and his reporting of it to Schembechler.

“Bo said, ‘Toughen up,” Kwiatkowski said. “Bo knew.”

“Bo knows everything that goes on on campus,” said Gilvanni Johnson, a Michigan wide receiver from 1982 to 1986, while fighting back tears. Johnson added that Anderson’s behavior was so well-known that coaches would threaten trips to see him as a motivational ploy.

"Only now do I realize how crazy it was to threaten rape as a way to make players work harder," Johnson said.</quote>

I mean Paterno was a monster for his handling of things at Penn State, but this is on a whole other level than even that. How is there still a debate over whether to remove the statue and rename the building? That seems like a given, the sort of thing you would do real quick before you get around to digging up Bo's corpse and dumping it in a lagoon of pig shit.

Edited by Thermos H. Christ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

Holy fucking shit, this is from Yahoo's writeup of the same press conference:

<quote>Also not new is the idea that Bo Schembechler, who died in 2006, knew generally of Anderson’s abuse. A recent university-funded report even detailed numerous stories of Bo being directly told. That included one from Daniel Kwiatkowski, an offensive lineman from 1977-79, who on Thursday detailed his own molestation by Anderson and his reporting of it to Schembechler.

“Bo said, ‘Toughen up,” Kwiatkowski said. “Bo knew.”

“Bo knows everything that goes on on campus,” said Gilvanni Johnson, a Michigan wide receiver from 1982 to 1986, while fighting back tears. Johnson added that Anderson’s behavior was so well-known that coaches would threaten trips to see him as a motivational ploy.

"Only now do I realize how crazy it was to threaten rape as a way to make players work harder," Johnson said.</quote>

I mean Paterno was a monster for his handling of things at Penn State, but this is on a whole other level than even that. How is there still a debate over whether to remove the statue and rename the building? That seems like a given, the sort of thing you would do real quick before you get around to digging up Bo's corpse and dumping it in a lagoon of pig shit.

That is really, really fucked up.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's bad enough to do this kind of thing for a valued assistant, but a team doctor?  Who gives a fuck about the team doctor?

What else was the team doctor doing for the team?

Working for the coach, apparently, and no one was going to tell the coach how to run his team.

You have to remember that Michigan was sort of a faded program when Bo took over. His assistant coaches complained that they had better facilities at Miami (OH) when they first arrived in Ann Arbor. Matt Schembechler reported his abuse to his dad and his dad ignored it. From the moment Bo beat Woody’s juggernaut of a team in ‘69 and prevented them from winning a second consecutive national title, the school was going to back him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

And I haven't read this whole thread, but the idea of a Dr molesting a 250lb football player seems odd.  Why wouldn't the player just put him through a wall?

Yeah, I wish he had molested a certain VT LB...would have learned a lesson or two.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

Holy fucking shit, this is from Yahoo's writeup of the same press conference:

<quote>Also not new is the idea that Bo Schembechler, who died in 2006, knew generally of Anderson’s abuse. A recent university-funded report even detailed numerous stories of Bo being directly told. That included one from Daniel Kwiatkowski, an offensive lineman from 1977-79, who on Thursday detailed his own molestation by Anderson and his reporting of it to Schembechler.

“Bo said, ‘Toughen up,” Kwiatkowski said. “Bo knew.”

“Bo knows everything that goes on on campus,” said Gilvanni Johnson, a Michigan wide receiver from 1982 to 1986, while fighting back tears. Johnson added that Anderson’s behavior was so well-known that coaches would threaten trips to see him as a motivational ploy.

"Only now do I realize how crazy it was to threaten rape as a way to make players work harder," Johnson said.</quote>

I mean Paterno was a monster for his handling of things at Penn State, but this is on a whole other level than even that. How is there still a debate over whether to remove the statue and rename the building? That seems like a given, the sort of thing you would do real quick before you get around to digging up Bo's corpse and dumping it in a lagoon of pig shit.

Holy shit this is the most fucked up college sports story I can think of.  Passes the Baylor murder cover up and Pedo St scandal imo.  Using rape as a threat?  Jesus

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

And I haven't read this whole thread, but the idea of a Dr molesting a 250lb football player seems odd.  Why wouldn't the player just put him through a wall?

Guessing there were threats about what would happen? But yeah I'm kind of hazy on that part of the story. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

 I am not trying to gaslight you. I just don't recall a thread that was dedicated to blasting ORD alone, or a mod joining in on the fatwa. There  was a single thread where posters would go to bitch about posters and get others to both pos rep them and neg rep whoever they were bitching about. TOS rep worked by allowing those with a certain amount of rep score to able to rep someone until they ran out. The higher the score, the more you could rep and I think it was even more weighted at one point. So they would go to that thread and rep each other to build up the ability to keep repping. Mods didn't have to recharge anyone.

Yes, you saw people bitching about him because he said some condescending shit on our site first and then someone found him talking shit about us on a buckeye board. He essentially said he thought we were losers. That was mean after acting like he thought we were good peeps on our site. So some tried to flush him out but HE is the one that jumped ship on his own after a double finger salute. Which was too bad because he started the Shit I cooked lately thread and was a good contributor.

It happened. I saw it. I can’t link you to the thread because the guy that became the mod after the transition was a troll I had on ignore and when I announced that I got banned. But it happened. I couldn’t make that shit up. I couldn’t even conceive that was possible if I hadn’t seen it for myself.

Also, and I really don’t want to derail the thread, but Christina Lucci, the girl in your avatar, has come out of retirement and is on OnlyFans. I don’t think time has exactly been kind and she’s not my cup of tea but there’s more explicit material out there if anyone is interested.

image.thumb.jpeg.79b63d85fd51c8ae69b78460460c438e.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2021 at 2:58 PM, TexArcher said:

That's occured to me, too.  Maybe it's easier for a victim of abuse to rationalize covering up another abuse later because to them it's just something we never, ever speak of.  Like their own defense mechanism makes them powerless to stop it in any other case since they were powerless in their own?  Or maybe that's letting them off too easily?  I don't know.  But it definitely perpetuates the fucked up cycle.  

It's just heartbreaking.  How is this the world we live in?  

 

i think you've got it psychologically spot on. it's sad but incisive analysis. think about bo's reaction to the accusation from his son. people get angry when control is lost. if you're an adult with sexual abuse ptsd, and you are confronted by someone else going through the same, empathy is not always the first reaction unless you've had a chance to work through the trauma. that generation, by and large, had no real means or even expectation to work through psychological issues.

i think sexual abuse of minors is much, much more widespread than i used to believe. and i think that has a big relatively unseen influence on our society as a whole.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...