2021 Houston Texans Ain't Shit Season Thread

Brothahorn

Allegedly the McNairs aren't shy about selling the team. This isn't a family legacy thing like the Jones Family in Dallas. 

New owners and buying back the rights to the Oilers history/uniforms/merch would make a lot of people happy. But it'll probably take a generation for it to happen. Amy Strunk has said "not in my lifetime". Bud Adams was a piece of shit, and raised his kids accordingly. 

Cary McNair is a non-regard. I wish he were more involved with the team, but he seems pretty content to stay on the business side. https://www.mcnair.com/our-chairman-ceo

• Like 2

There may be some progress on the DeShaun front. It seems like it may be just  matter of $$ now, which I think could be resolved fairly quickly.  Is there any chance any Texans fans would want him to stay if they end up with Flores?  He was, allegedly,  part of the reason Watson wanted to go to Miami.  If Watson settles, would you want him back?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/deshaun-watson-s-leaked-settlement-offer-shows-six-figure-proposal/ar-AASN6hJ?ocid=hplocalnews

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Allegedly the McNairs aren't shy about selling the team. This isn't a family legacy thing like the Jones Family in Dallas. 

New owners and buying back the rights to the Oilers history/uniforms/merch would make a lot of people happy. But it'll probably take a generation for it to happen. Amy Strunk has said "not in my lifetime". Bud Adams was a piece of shit, and raised his kids accordingly. 

Cary McNair is a non-regard. I wish he were more involved with the team, but he seems pretty content to stay on the business side. https://www.mcnair.com/our-chairman-ceo

A good friend of mine is President of McNair Interests and at one time was CFO of the Texans. He has an MBA from Texas and was a high level basketball player in high school but didn't want to play in college. I don't know if I would want him running the Texans though as there isn't a whole lot for him to gain.

4 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

if they wanted to sell, the team would already be sold. the panthers sold for $2.2 bil in 2018

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Da Fino said:

Wasn’t there noise last year that they had a buyer and price set but it fell through or was rejected by the league?

Bezos is looking to buy a NFL team and it would be ideal to have him as owner. He has ties to Houston and would be a 180 degree change for the better in terms of being attune to customer/fan needs and intelligence level. That would help make up for the Rockets being sold to Fertitta.

1 hour ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Yes you ‘take Deshaun back’ if given the chance. He’s a great QB and he’s a winner. Draft several OL in draft for competent play and good depth, use the rest of draft on D, and hopefully sign WR/TE via free agency. Would be much improved.

I can see it play out. Deshaun comes back, Texans trade Davis Mills for a second rounder, then Deshaun demands a trade or hand job again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

McCown also cooked pancakes for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes breakfasts on Fridays

McCown is a member of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.[68] He has served in Pro Athletes Outreach and Coaches Time Out, which are both ministries.[181] He has also spent time speaking to church youth and men's groups during the offseason

Lord how I have come to hate this fucking franchise.

McCown identifies as a Pacific Islander ever since he went to a luau in Fiji on vacation. Easterby gets a Rooney rule pass with him then they make it into a golf weekend. I would love to be a fly in that building between Easterby, Cal, and the other clowns in there.
  • Like 1

A total shitshow. There are only 32 of these in the world and they're treating this franchise like a Double A minors team. The team is wrecked until McNair sells and/or gets rid of Easterby. Neither is happening anytime soon and neither is a winning season.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Unless cal and easterby leave this team will be trash.

No players will want to be here. It will be a team of last resort to stay in the nfl. Feel bad for the players that get drafted

It needs to be sold.

The nfl would be served by killing 2-4 teams and going to 28-30.

The league should also mandate certain things for teams and ownership. Cal has less sense than banjo boy in deliverance
  • Like 1

Yeah. That’s never going to happen. Nor does it need to. 32 is a perfect number. I wish MLB would expand to to that number. 

Merge with XFL

Relegate bottom 8 teams and set up a 2nd tier with Europe.

Relegate and Promote 2 teams each year

Teams that miss playoffs have their own playoffs to determine draft position.

Meritocracy and expand the league for real! The league gets a % of every owner transfer. End complacency and owners playing GM.

3 hours ago, Brothahorn said:
3 hours ago, Updawg said:
Unless cal and easterby leave this team will be trash.

No players will want to be here. It will be a team of last resort to stay in the nfl. Feel bad for the players that get drafted

It needs to be sold.

NFL should not allow inherited ownership.

Which owner(s) would vote for that? It’s all about nepotism. 

Only positive in the HC interview lost so far is they arent previous HCs who have failed. Im all for giving unproven coaches a shot at the top job but when its people who haven't worked thier way up then it becomes what the texans are. Think the job will go to McCown he has to much similarities with cal and easterby .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

On 1/14/2022 at 8:49 PM, The Earl of Texas said:

It’ll be Flores. He and Caserio have history and we culled Culley shortly after Flores became available then rushed to interview him.

I like Flores and think the Dolphins fucked up.

If he wins in Houston he will have to change the entire franchise's culture, not just the players.

good-luck-with-that-batman.gif

1 minute ago, Jshep34 said:

Link not working

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

Former NFL quarterback Josh McCown is in Houston today for a second interview with the #Texans about their head coaching job, sources tell me and @MikeGarafolo. McCown has told the team he’s all-in. Now, he’s the first known finalist.

• Like 1