2022 Transfer QB Quinn Ewers

Getafix

On 3/7/2022 at 7:26 PM, Napoleon said:

The way he searches for words and randomly dials up his outside voice while inside doing an interview has me thinking that he is a little drunk when he records these things.

That stupid grin on his face doesn’t help his case.

Can confirm he is "a little drunk" most of the time and a lot of drunk the other times. 

4 hours ago, Soccer Dudes Dad said:

Twelve days since this post and not one of you degenerates has asked who this is?  Good lord, Surly is slipping...

Considering who she is has already been posted about 4,728 times, I'm glad people are finally starting to pay attention. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

JFC. The Card family must have photos of the entire IT staff fisting futureman. There's no other plausible explanation for this shit. 

Yeah it couldn’t be that they invested a fair amount (for them) into him as qb1 and are trying to will it into existence again. 

They lost all credibility and objectivity when they gave Card an NIL deal. On top of that, Nahlin is a condescending cunt to all of his subscribers. You combine the two and you get that toxic sewage masking itself as football discussion . 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

They lost all credibility and objectivity when they gave Card an NIL deal. On top of that, Nahlin is a condescending cunt to all of his subscribers. You combine the two and you get that toxic sewage masking itself as football discussion . 

Them releasing that the day he was named starter never sat right with me. And it obviously showed their bias. 

HEB had a beer called Sports or Sportz in the early 2000s.  Definitely the worst beer I ever had, but it was $4 for a 12 pack.  

edit:  Apparently I missed an earlier post speaking of the merits of Sportz.

This 100%. Shit would give you a hangover while you were drinking it. Would take it to frat parties to drop off and take other shit.
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Newy25 said:

You have to be pretty condescending to have people regret giving you $9.95. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/9/2022 at 4:35 PM, Moderator said:

HEB had a beer called Sports or Sportz in the early 2000s.  Definitely the worst beer I ever had, but it was $4 for a 12 pack.  

edit:  Apparently I missed an earlier post speaking of the merits of Sportz.

They had it before then, I remember it as far back as '98.  A guy I played intramural softball with would buy it.  He was from the Midwest, and I'll never forget what he said: "yeah, it tastes like piss but it's cheaper than pop!"  

Edited by bejezuz
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Txslnghrns said:

8729cc13359644c33b17ab2f18e11a78.jpg
Ewers has already made a decision and is into his throwing motion. Meanwhile, card is still trying to figure out which way the laces need to go.

God damn. You're right. Is there a way I can send you a bunch of money for telling me that Ewers is a better quarterback talent than Card? 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Ewers had several more weeks to work on his game and with his receivers. He still looks like shit. This is now officially bizarre. 

Ewers’ inconsistency and Sark abandoning the run and calling deep balls for Worthy is a bad combination. Hopefully both of them improve over the offseason. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Ewers had several more weeks to work on his game and with his receivers. He still looks like shit. This is now officially bizarre. 

Never thought we were going to see that much of a difference from him, especially with Bijan and Rojo being out. His issues are going to need a full offseason for us to see a difference. 

3 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Ewers’ inconsistency and Sark abandoning the run and calling deep balls for Worthy is a bad combination. Hopefully both of them improve over the offseason. 

Ewers played better tonight and was not the reason for the loss.  I do agree that Ewers needs to work hard this spring and summer to be better for 2023.  Gonna need a lot more from him with Bijan and RoJo gone...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Ewers played better tonight and was not the reason for the loss.  I do agree that Ewers needs to work hard this spring and summer to be better for 2023.  Gonna need a lot more from him with Bijan and RoJo gone...

Maybe check the time that was posted. He played way better in the second half. Hopefully he can keep up that level of performance consistently next year. 

He's had one off-season to learn the playbook. He should be miles better next season after he's worked on his mechanics, footwork, and digested the playbook. In one month he went from this guy sucks to Holy shit he can actually play when he's not in his own head. If he had help we would have won, despite not having our 2 best players on offense. X sucks, clearly, but Cook should be a breath of fresh air. Plus we'll have Thompson, Sanders, and hopefully J-Whitt back. 

5 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Maybe check the time that was posted. He played way better in the second half. Hopefully he can keep up that level of performance consistently next year. 

BS, he under threw Worthy on one pass and you posted this. He was 12/17 for about 140 in the 1st half. He was much improved over what we saw the last several games. If Worthy doesn’t drop that sure fire TD down the middle of the field, Ewers likely would’ve thrown for 400 yards and people would still be on here trying to explain why he sucks.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

BS, he under threw Worthy on one pass and you posted this. He was 12/17 for about 140 in the 1st half. He was much improved over what we saw the last several games. If Worthy doesn’t drop that sure fire TD down the middle of the field, Ewers likely would’ve thrown for 400 yards and people would still be on here trying to explain why he sucks.

If I remember properly, Ewers threw a good ball which Worthy failed to adjust, shortly before dropping the potential TD.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

If Worthy could catch, this looks like maybe 450 yards, a couple of touchdowns, no interceptions, and close to 70% completion percentage. From a RS freshman who people wanted to see improve. But Ewers is the problem because he doesn’t have grit or fire or intangibles. He’s probably not clutch, either. 

Imagine 53 Veer Pass where Peschel drops the fucking ball. Or Steeler Roll Left where Lewis drops the ball. Sometimes the receiver has to do his job. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, FloridaHorn said:

Nope. It was about middle of the 2nd quarter and he was something like 9/14 for under 100 yards at that point and was not playing well, like he had in most of his recent games. My bigger complaint wasn’t about this game, it was about his lack of progress in this offense this year. But it’s hard to tell how much is on Quinn for decision making and how much is on Sakr for play calling. 

Credit to him, though. He completely turned it around in the 2nd half and had a great game. Sark making better calls helped a lot too. Sark needs to improve a lot. His play calling was bad this year, and he’s not showing a good understanding of his personnel. Way too many deep shots to Worthy all year, and giving Keilan way more snaps than Brooks in this game was very dumb and a big part of why we lost. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, MajorTexas said:

If I remember properly, Ewers threw a good ball which Worthy failed to adjust, shortly before dropping the potential TD.

Oh Worthy adjusted, half-ass adjusted when he saw the safety out of the corner of his eye coming. He alligator armed the ball. Happened right in front where we were sitting. He's clearly not the answer. Take his shtick somewhere else.  

• Hook 'Em 2