Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 12/28/2020 at 5:17 PM, Buzzrock said:

Paramount ran a marathon this weekend so I used it to get caught up. Peacock sucks with all the ads. 
 

I can’t believe all the complaining in this thread. This show is cheesy awesome. But I will say one thing is very distracting: Jamie’s hair helmet. I mean seriously wtf?

Pretty much this.  Not everything needs to be Breaking Bad/Mad Men.  Some shows are just fun to watch.

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2020 at 3:59 PM, Biff Tannen said:

You can be, and are wrong.  The first guy they shot was unbranded.  He got in trouble for messing with Jimmy, who was branded.  I understood it to be anyone that has seen too much at the ranch.

This is at the top of the list of stuff that doesn't make sense ... not like they're the Snells growing a bunch of poppies ... I mean really think some hand is going to run to the sheriff and say "I saw Rip being mean to people" and take down the ranch?

In other news, this show has to trigger Betas so hard I cannot believe it's survived this long.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

i dvr'ed that marathon and watched the show from beginning to end in about 2 weeks.  i like it, but there are plot holes galore.  i kind of see it as the better seasons of sons of anarchy, but on a ranch and not quite as violent.  they definitely do the same shit where major characters are put in situations that should result in either death or at least significant long term damage (the shootout at the white supremist compound in the season 2 finale where all the good guys were fine and all the bad guys died as an example).

rip and kaycee are good characters and i root for them.  if they wrote beth in a more believable manner, she'd be a good character too.  costner does a good job as john. 

it's far from a prestige drama, but it's a fun world to spend some time in.  i wish i had more episodes to watch. 

i discovered whiskey myers thanks to this show.  solid group.

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

i dvr'ed that marathon and watched the show from beginning to end in about 2 weeks.  i like it, but there are plot holes galore.  i kind of see it as the better seasons of sons of anarchy, but on a ranch and not quite as violent.  they definitely do the same shit where major characters are put in situations that should result in either death or at least significant long term damage (the shootout at the white supremist compound in the season 2 finale where all the good guys were fine and all the bad guys died as an example).

rip and kaycee are good characters and i root for them.  if they wrote beth in a more believable manner, she'd be a good character too.  costner does a good job as john. 

it's far from a prestige drama, but it's a fun world to spend some time in.  i wish i had more episodes to watch. 

i discovered whiskey myers thanks to this show.  solid group.

Better late than never. I saw Whiskey Myers at Big Texas Clear Lake in 2012 or 2013. It was a great show. I'd try to catch them at a small venue when things return to normal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

It's on peacock. I binged all three seasons over the last week or so. Overall, solid show. It definitely gets eye-rollingly dumb at times, but it's an enjoyable watch.

For the record, if you put Monica's head on Beth's body, you would have the perfect woman. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

It's on peacock. I binged all three seasons over the last week or so. Overall, solid show. It definitely gets eye-rollingly dumb at times, but it's an enjoyable watch.

For the record, if you put Monica's head on Beth's body, you would have the perfect woman. 

Dude you don't even need to do that.  Just watch any shower scene with Monica...she's already got a great fucking body.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
How does one watch this show?  A bunch of friends have recommended it, but I can't find it on Dish on Demand, Netflix or Hulu.


If Dish has Paramount then just set it up to record and wait for a marathon. Watching on Peacock sucks because you can’t skip the commercials.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Started this show during the deep freeze and am about 6-7 episodes.  It's entertaining, but holy shit there's at least 2-3 moments every episode that seem completely unbelievable.  I don't mind taking it lightly because it's a TV show, but it when it's so well filmed and has such a good cast, I expect a little more.

The constant tension and raised stakes seems to be a trap that a lot of promising shows get into over time.  Ozark is super guilty of this.  A big part of what makes shows like Breaking Bad and The Wire so damn good is that there are a lot of quiet moments where you get to really know and understand the characters.  It isn't just constantly shifting from one life threatening crisis to the next.

Edited by Al_4_ISU
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Started this show during the deep freeze and am about 6-7 episodes.  It's entertaining, but holy shit there's at least 2-3 moments every episode that seem completely unbelievable.  I don't mind taking it lightly because it's a TV show, but it when it's so well filmed and has such a good cast, I expect a little more.

The constant tension and raised stakes seems to be a trap that a lot of promising shows get into over time.  Ozark is super guilty of this.  A big part of what makes shows like Breaking Bad and The Wire so damn good is that there are a lot of quiet moments where you get to really know and understand the characters.  It isn't just constantly shifting from one life threatening crisis to the next.

Keep going.  You get deeper into the characters.  It's worth it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Yellowstone-verse is heading to Texas for spin-off 6666

Quote

The Yellowstone-verse is growing fast, and now it's heading south. In addition to an already announced prequel to the Kevin Costner-led western drama,Y: 1883, creator Taylor Sheridan is blessing fans with a spin-off of the cable hit coming to Paramount+, currently titled 6666.

The spin-off will focus on the Four Sixes ranch in West Texas. Still operating as it did two centuries before when the Comanches still ruled the land, the 6666 is where the rule of law and the laws of nature merge in a place where the most dangerous thing one does is the next thing. The Four Sixes is known for raising the finest horses and livestock in the world, and ultimately where world-class cowboys are born and made.

“Taylor, Paramount+ and MTV Entertainment Studios have been incredible partners to us at 101 over the years,” said David Glasser, CEO of 101 Studios, in a statement. “Together, we have been able to build Yellowstone into an immersive universe for audiences globally. And that is what we intend to do with these series as well. We will be introducing new characters and story lines alongside world-class talent and creators. We are very much looking forward to bringing these shows to life.”

While much is still left to be learned about how 6666 connects to the story of the power-hungry Duttons, Sheridan did participate in an article for the Four Sixes ranch about returning to live in his native Texas, where he and his wife have their homes bases and ranch by Jacksboro. In the story, Sheridan emphasized the need to return to his home state to represent current Texas stories.

"Being a Texan today and what it means to live in Texas — there’s a responsibility that comes with it, in that you really do represent the entire state," he says in the piece. "Everybody in Texas always represents the state. And so, there’s a sense of class and confidence that I think every Texan seems to embody. And along with that, a respect for others, regardless of whether they agree with you or not. You respect their ability to disagree or agree."

If you think Sheridan's empire stops growing after 6666, you'd be sorely mistaken. 6666 was announced during ViacomCBS's streaming event on Wednesday, which also revealed several other Sheridan projects on the way, including Mayor of Kingstown, a drama starring Jeremy Renner in the world of Michigan power brokers, and Land Man. Executive produced by Sheridan, Land Man is set to bring us into the world of West Texas oil rigging.

"The series is an upstairs/downstairs story of roughnecks and wildcat billionaires fueling a boom so big, it’s reshaping our climate, our economy and our geopolitics," the announcement's description reads. Land Man will be produced by David Glasser, Ron Burkle, and Bob Yari.

Yellowstone is Paramount's most important series. At 6.5 million viewers, it scored the most-watched season premiere on cable in two years. The show, co-created by Sheridan and John Linson, follows the Dutton family, which owns the Yellowstone ranch. Costner plays patriarch John. The series also stars Luke Grimes, Kelly Reilly, Wes Bentley, Cole Hauser, and Gil Birmingham.

 

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2021 at 12:35 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

According to the link, you have to subscribe to Paramount+ to watch the prequel. Paramount+ is launching March 4th and is replacing CBS All-Access.

The prequel will air sometime late in 2021.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...