Jump to content
kevwun

Netflix Recommendations

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

He was bar tending one night at Shangri La that year,and made me a gin and tonic I didnt ask for. 

man I could go for a gin and tonic right about now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Irishman should be up today


Haven’t seen it yet but I’m guessing it’s going to need its own thread. Goodfellas, Gangs of New York, and The Departed are three of the greatest movies ever IMO so I hope it holds up to that high bar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

 


Haven’t seen it yet but I’m guessing it’s going to need its own thread. Goodfellas, Gangs of New York, and The Departed are three of the greatest movies ever IMO so I hope it holds up to that high bar.

 

It has its own thread from theatrical release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2019 at 1:16 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

Just started on S2 of kominsky method tonight. 

It’s as great as the first. Jane Seymour still sexy, Douglas is his usual charming self, and Alan Arkin kills me as always. 

Finished it last night. Definitely didn't fall off from season 1. I might have liked it more.  Great show.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2019 at 2:53 PM, texashorne said:

Free Solo.. Holy Shit. 

Is right.  The fucking brass balls, or aspergers, or whatever the fuck is in your brain that allows you to do that is incomprehensible.  Just watched it and fucking dude has got to be on the spectrum.  Some of those handholds were like a quarter inch deep to hold your body weight.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2019 at 10:29 AM, BBQ2Bayou said:

Finished it last night. Definitely didn't fall off from season 1. I might have liked it more.  Great show.  

Love the Kominsky Method,  And I definitely think it improved from season 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy fucking shit I stumbled onto "Big Mouth" . . .so wrong, yet so very funny. Basically a cartoon about going through puberty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you have no idea how wrong, and how much wronger it's going to go.

one of the few shows I have to pause because I'm laughing so hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2019 at 12:11 PM, tx 3 putt said:

One Day at a Time - not for everyone but I enjoyed it 

Cancelled but being resurrected on POP 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching the Ken Burns Vietnam series/documentary.   Want to get pissed?  I mean really really pissed...  good stuff though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That doc, all 20 hours of it, should be required watching for every citizen with a test at the end.

All elected politicians should have to watch it every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished Outlander.  It was good but bordering on a romance novel a little too much for me.  The main woman can be a bit much.

I'm over it but I would probably keep it in my queue if the next season comes up and there's nothing else on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Loco said:

Watching the Ken Burns Vietnam series/documentary.   Want to get pissed?  I mean really really pissed...  good stuff though.

Yeah, That was aggravating to watch both Kennedy and Nixon put their reelection concerns ahead of GTFO out Vietnam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cheeseweasel said:

Yeah, That was aggravating to watch both Kennedy and Nixon put their reelection concerns ahead of GTFO out Vietnam. 

Nixon was a god damned traitor...  I had no idea...  Fuck that guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Loco said:

Nixon was a god damned traitor...  I had no idea...  Fuck that guy

To be honest, I expected Nixon to be an asshole considering everything else he did. I was surprised that Kennedy had the opportunity to end it but was talked out of it because of reelection. And Johnson was just a turd all the way around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

To be honest, I expected Nixon to be an asshole considering everything else he did. I was surprised that Kennedy had the opportunity to end it but was talked out of it because of reelection. And Johnson was just a turd all the way around.

yup...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Loco said:

Nixon was a god damned traitor...  I had no idea...  Fuck that guy

He should have been hung for what he did as a candidate, absolutely the most shocking part of that series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm sure it's been mentioned on here but i;m not going back to search but really liked shotcaller,  with jaime lannister. 

i'm on a gang/mafia kick right now, within the last 48 hours, ive seen or rewatched the irishman, the departed, godfather 2, and the aforementioned. love true crime and variations of it in the movie genre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, seven said:

He should have been hung for what he did as a candidate, absolutely the most shocking part of that series. 

hanged

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Finished Outlander.  It was good but bordering on a romance novel a little too much for me.  The main woman can be a bit much.

I'm over it but I would probably keep it in my queue if the next season comes up and there's nothing else on

My teen son really liked this, but he even got tired of it after like the 4th season.  Just seemed to jump the shark.   And you can definitely tell after you watch a while that a woman wrote most of it.   Or all of it.  Some of the love scenes were very Harlequin Love Storyish.  Heaving bosom and all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I couldnt get past the first ep of Outlander because I have functioning testicles.

Well then you missed some solid nood scenes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thoughts on keeping my HD Netflix plan versus upgrading to Ultra HD for a few dollars more? Peaky Blinders on our new TV was razor sharp and I can't even imagine it looking better with the upgraded plan.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess someone at Netflix thought it was a good idea to put Ryan Reynolds in a Michael Bay movie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, iodeac said:

Thoughts on keeping my HD Netflix plan versus upgrading to Ultra HD for a few dollars more? Peaky Blinders on our new TV was razor sharp and I can't even imagine it looking better with the upgraded plan.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
 

If you do, I'd recommend directly connecting your tv or device to your router. I get a much better 4k feed that way than off wifi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, iodeac said:

Thoughts on keeping my HD Netflix plan versus upgrading to Ultra HD for a few dollars more? Peaky Blinders on our new TV was razor sharp and I can't even imagine it looking better with the upgraded plan.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
 

Try it out for a month. 4K HDR does looks even better imo.  If you don't think it's worth, just revert back plan.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 9:12 AM, Cheeseweasel said:

To be honest, I expected Nixon to be an asshole considering everything else he did. I was surprised that Kennedy had the opportunity to end it but was talked out of it because of reelection. And Johnson was just a turd all the way around.

I'm still watching it and Johnson is still the president at the time.  Man, did he fuck things up badly.  I'm not to Nixon yet but he really couldn't have messed things up more or been more deceiving to the American public than Johnson, right?  LBJ comes across as a terrible president in the series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

I'm still watching it and Johnson is still the president at the time.  Man, did he fuck things up badly.  I'm not to Nixon yet but he really couldn't have messed things up more or been more deceiving to the American public than Johnson, right?  LBJ comes across as a terrible president in the series.

Soon

ObviousHardBeagle-size_restricted.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm late to Fauda but what a damn good show.  You have to like subtitles, but still.  Every woman on that show is fucking smoke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VABuckeye said:

I'm still watching it and Johnson is still the president at the time.  Man, did he fuck things up badly.  I'm not to Nixon yet but he really couldn't have messed things up more or been more deceiving to the American public than Johnson, right?  LBJ comes across as a terrible president in the series.

There's no way ANYONE could be a bigger piece of shit than Johnson.

 

Nixon:

GIF by Budweiser

Edited by Cheeseweasel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm watching the first season of Dark, I'm presently on the 3rd episode. It seems really good so far, like a darker version of Stranger Things. I must've been out of the loop on this one, I never heard a peep about it until recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chad said:

I'm watching the first season of Dark, I'm presently on the 3rd episode. It seems really good so far, like a darker version of Stranger Things. I must've been out of the loop on this one, I never heard a peep about it until recently.

I liked the 1st season, but the dubbing is difficult for me to get over. Haven't watched season 2 yet. Not sure if I will because of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

I liked the 1st season, but the dubbing is difficult for me to get over. Haven't watched season 2 yet. Not sure if I will because of that. 

You have to set it to the original language for foreign films and watch with the titles on. Much better that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caught marriage story on a flight, damn it’s hell but a really good movie. And reading up on it, they apparently did a damn good depicting the process. Curious to get@hornian s opinion if he’s seen it yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bluto said:

Caught marriage story on a flight, damn it’s hell but a really good movie. And reading up on it, they apparently did a damn good depicting the process. Curious to get@hornian s opinion if he’s seen it yet.

Haven't seen it. I'll watch it over the Xmas break (Family law firms essentially shut down for 2 weeks around Christmas). I'm sure it will be uplifiting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

I'm in the 3rd episode of the Lucas thing and yeah... fuck these guys.  If you want to really get mad at Texas law enforcement I always recommend reading Nate Blakeslee's Tulia

It doesn’t get better. When the family of homicide victims show more common sense and/or integrity than the police working their cases, that’s ass backwards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

About to watch marriage story with my wife, I’ll post a review after! 

I really liked it. Adam Driver gives a great performance. Mrs. Scorpio loved it, she was speechless pretty much the entire time and then after it was over she said she was going to stay at her mother's house. Looks like I get to watch some football this afternoon! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ray Liotta "move case to NY scene" was fun.  The rest was pretty long winded.

Noah Boumbach (sp) should have gone all in and made it more comic.

(Either that, or I just didn't like Lips hiring Laura Dern (also a great comic figure) and thereby  unleashing hell.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

man i watched probably the first 7-8 hours of KB's Vietnam doc and then fell off it somewhere. Need to pick that back up. Also started on the Lucas stuff last night, and i'm enjoying it through one episode. 

now then, I need some recs: give me your favorite 3-5 shows/movies currently streaming on netflix. go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




now then, I need some recs: give me your favorite 3-5 shows/movies currently streaming on netflix. go!


I am in this same boat.

Is Mindhunter worth it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...