CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

3 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

A lot of them thought Sark was a good hire so take that with a grain of salt.

I honestly don’t remember many people here initially being on board with Sark. The kool aide was drank over the summer. 

I’ll happily take Venables at ou over Fickell or Campbell. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

God damn, my biggest fear was that you all would be scared of this hire.  Thank Jesus, you all universally think it’s piss.  

It’s a good hire. But I think it is interesting both Texas and you guys went after coordinators instead of head coaches. Regardless, the guy can coach…I was relieved when he left years ago. He should be good, but it’s the offense that is the concern honestly…the former identity is gone 

23 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I honestly don’t remember many people here initially being on board with Sark. The kool aide was drank over the summer. 

I’ll happily take Venables at ou over Fickell or Campbell. 

This. Most people I remember were shitting on the Sark hire and were making relapse timeline predictions.

19 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

No shit… that wasn’t the point of my post. My post was a reply to someone criticizing what Miami is doing to Manny Diaz.

Knowing what you know about Herman, you think he’d sit back and watch that without mounting a massive sabotage campaign?

Edited by Nope

42 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

It’s a good hire. But I think it is interesting both Texas and you guys went after coordinators instead of head coaches. Regardless, the guy can coach…I was relieved when he left years ago. He should be good, but it’s the offense that is the concern honestly…the former identity is gone 

Why him over Aranda? 

Oregon caught the curse of Mack Brown as well

they went from stomping Texas 30-7 in The  AlamoBowl to getting stomped in the NC by tOSU both with Mark Helfrich to firing him two seasons later and then worse than Texas becoming a stepping stone job for ACC programs at that.......1 year with Slick Willy T. (who went on to complete the jimbo FSU destruction) and now possibly losing Christobal to Miami (after a Mack Brown protege Manny _ wrecked what Richt had been able to do)

Oregon has to be getting pissed off with getting their coaches poached in many sports

Edited by ButtFumble
  • Haha 1

Just now, DFW Horn said:

One may conclude that being beholden to Phil Knight and Nike ain't really that much fun. 

yea I have some respect for phil because he has given $1 billion to life sciences research at Oregon ($500 million in 2016 and another $500 million earlier this year) and that will probably keep Oregon in the AAU (with no engineering or medical school),but he makes shit quality products and it seems coaches are happy to leave there as soon as the same or better offer comes along

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Smax said:
1 hour ago, USNALonghorn said:
We could’ve done that to Tom Herman last year while shooting for Urban…

We shot for Urban, he said no

Looking at all the crazy contracts coaches are getting right now, in hindsight did we really shoot for Urban with our 10M/yr offer and did he say NO or NOt enough.  

6 months Later Jimbo gets a $95M contract, 9 months later so does amel fucking Tucker at MSU, and USC/LSU all proving money talks and we were still value shopping 

If we were serious and offered something like 6yr/150M 7LS would not be our coach right now.

God damn, my biggest fear was that you all would be scared of this hire.  Thank Jesus, you all universally think it’s piss.  

Well, if this makes you feel worse, I thought pushing Stoops aside to elevate Riley was genius. I also thought a lot of Stoops when OU hired him — I’m pretty sure Texas kicked the tires there either as potential DC for Mack since Torbush was taking HC at Carolina. I love Venables as a DC (wife is a Clemson grad)— but he doesn’t really scare me as HC.

God how embarrassing. They actually take the buggy (or whatever the hell they call that thing) to the airport to welcome the new coach. And think that welcome wagon will impress. Reminds me of Jimbo greeted by the yakkity sax players. If that is the first thing I see getting off the plane I am hijacking that plane to Cuba. 

4DE2B37D-A101-4855-9DB7-F875DD295CDD.jpeg

17 minutes ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

God how embarrassing. They actually take the buggy (or whatever the hell they call that thing) to the airport to welcome the new coach. And think that welcome wagon will impress. Reminds me of Jimbo greeted by the yakkity sax players. If that is the first thing I see getting off the plane I am hijacking that plane to Cuba. 

Still not nearly as embarrassing as aggy. They looked like the North Korean army welcoming back Kim Jong Un after he spent 5 minutes on the toilet. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

As is tradition, the new coach straddles the long rig and puts the end in Stoop's mouth, then walks forward to shake his hand.

• Haha 1

Oregon caught the curse of Mack Brown as well
they went from stomping Texas 30-7 in The  AlamoBowl to getting stomped in the NC by tOSU both with Mark Helfrich to firing him two seasons later and then worse than Texas becoming a stepping stone job for ACC programs at that.......1 year with Slick Willy T. (who went on to complete the jimbo FSU destruction) and now possibly losing Christobal to Miami (after a Mack Brown protege Manny _ wrecked what Richt had been able to do)
Oregon has to be getting pissed off with getting their coaches poached in many sports

Besides the obvious Phil Knight interference, I really wonder if weather is a factor too. It’s like cloudy or rainy there 70% of the year.

4 hours ago, horngasm22 said:

watch Dabo find and hire a new DC before Sark even finds his own balls. no accountability for the worst defense in texas history. Schools are making MOVES. Sark is always 10 steps behind.

Shut the fuck up. Sark is about to land Quinn Ewers you dweeb. Yeah I'm totally pissing my pants over Venables when their last guy didn't even scare me. He should have lost to Texas the past two years.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 1