CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

10 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Duke is looking like their are going to choose poorly again.... more traction on Garrett and he has interest... (of course he does, who else is going to hire him?)

They might hire Garrett but it won't be for this reason. Most Duke fans I've seen are furious that Garrett is even mentioned. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

culture change is an all or nothing deal.  

he’s willing to be a hero or a zero.  much respect for hanging his nuts out.  

Will be interesting to see who BK has lined up for his assistant jobs?  Not an easy road if neither your O or D coordinator join from the previous job and you start fresh.  That said, I think he made multiple major changes at ND which worked out well.

Edited by Bodhi

12 minutes ago, Bodhi said:

Will be interesting to see who BK has lined up for his assistant jobs?  Not an easy road if neither your O or D coordinator join from the previous job and you start fresh.  That said, I think he made multiple major changes at ND which worked out well.

He also once hired Brian Vangorder, so any positive decisions he's ever made are instantly nullified.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

culture change is an all or nothing deal.  

he’s willing to be a hero or a zero.  much respect for hanging his nuts out.  

Kerry Cooks will replace Raymond. Cooks coached the most comedic DB play I've ever seen during his tenure at OU (2014-17). He was an analyst for the last couple of years.

There is the potential for a cataclysmic fall off in secondary play based on Cooks track record.  WOW

5 minutes ago, PR7 said:

My wife and I were on a plane to Vegas Monday, and right next to my wife was Ross Bjork (A&M AD.) During our delay to takeoff, he was texting back and forth with Jimbo whilst looking at Clemson’s coaches and Googling articles about them. After departure, for almost half the flight (1.5 hours) he was looking through those articles. The other part of the flight he was just looking at 2 million dollar homes. My wife is a huge snoop.

I don’t pretend to be an insider, just passing along what we saw. If Aggie does lose a coach or two, they could be looking at the Clemson coaching tree.

Isn't Clemson in the market for a new AD?

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, PR7 said:

My wife and I were on a plane to Vegas Monday, and right next to my wife was Ross Bjork (A&M AD.) During our delay to takeoff, he was texting back and forth with Jimbo whilst looking at Clemson’s coaches and Googling articles about them. After departure, for almost half the flight (1.5 hours) he was looking through those articles. The other part of the flight he was just looking at 2 million dollar homes. My wife is a huge snoop.

I don’t pretend to be an insider, just passing along what we saw. If Aggie does lose a coach or two, they could be looking at the Clemson coaching tree.

That is level 1.  Hope your wife never sits next to @Nicole44 looking at Jodi Arias pussy pics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, PR7 said:

well this beats the shit outta porta potty girl and craps milf.

tell your wife good fucking work.  Ross Bjork to Clemson AD has to happen.

8 hours ago, PR7 said:

Could she tell where the $2 million homes were located?

21 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Yeah that’s really the main question. I mean, I assume they weren’t in collie station.

Clearly not in College Station because she said homes and not sprawling estate along the Brazos. $2 million in that shit hole should get you something like

Featured Project: A Sprawling English Estate

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, quigley said:

Kerry Cooks will replace Raymond. Cooks coached the most comedic DB play I've ever seen during his tenure at OU (2014-17). He was an analyst for the last couple of years.

There is the potential for a cataclysmic fall off in secondary play based on Cooks track record.  WOW

Yahoo spin on Kerry Cooks time at blOU...

He was an assistant defensive coordinator at Oklahoma.   Cooks spent four seasons at Oklahoma as an assistant defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach. While he was at Oklahoma, the Sooners led the Big 12 in the fewest passing yards allowed in 2015 and total yards allowed, with just 364.5.

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Yahoo spin on Kerry Cooks time at blOU...

He was an assistant defensive coordinator at Oklahoma.   Cooks spent four seasons at Oklahoma as an assistant defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach. While he was at Oklahoma, the Sooners led the Big 12 in the fewest passing yards allowed in 2015 and total yards allowed, with just 364.5.

2015 was the mirage season for OU's defense, specifically the DBs. The Sooners played three ranked teams with potent offenses to end the season, but all three teams lost their starting QBs (Baylor, TCU, OkSt).

What happened the next two years that led him to be fired? How did he recruit? Why was Tech his next landing spot? Why couldn't he get an on the field gig after getting let go there?

Context is everything.

Edited by quigley
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

Anyone seen anything interesting on Oregon's search?  I haven't seen much.  Last speculation I've seen was maybe the BYU coach

We're hearing he did interview, and it didn't go well.  Chip is still the Vegas odds leader.  I still can't believe they would hire a guy who hates recruiting to coach a team that relies so heavily on recruiting.  Whatever.

spacer.png

I do know they are also definitely interview Justin Wilcox from Cal.

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leanderman said:

"Anyone seen anything interesting on Oregon's search?  I haven't seen much.  Last speculation I've seen was maybe the BYU coach"

I bet Phil Knight has not made up his mind yet?

A couple of people I know with connections have heard that if Kalani gets the offer he's gone and one of them heard the offer is coming. Others think he is using this as leverage for a raise for him and assistants and more resources. Hard to know what's what right now.

Other updates:

On 12/8/2021 at 7:43 AM, Pig Bellmont said:

He got paid $8mm to go away. I don’t have any crocodile tears for Manny

Well of course.  Manny will make out just fine.  But my point stands: either Manny is the guy, or he isn't.  The way Miami handled his situation lacked integrity.  If they were going to fire him -- and they did -- they should have had the balls to do so without letting all the rumormongering about overtures to Cristobal cloud his status.  I just find that extremely disrespectful, and I am not sure I would want to work for a place like that.  But I'm sure $8 million would go a long way to soothe my feelings, LOL.

30 minutes ago, orangebird said:

Well of course.  Manny will make out just fine.  But my point stands: either Manny is the guy, or he isn't.  The way Miami handled his situation lacked integrity.  If they were going to fire him -- and they did -- they should have had the balls to do so without letting all the rumormongering about overtures to Cristobal cloud his status.  I just find that extremely disrespectful, and I am not sure I would want to work for a place like that.  But I'm sure $8 million would go a long way to soothe my feelings, LOL.

Uh, we kinda did the same thing with Herman

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, PR7 said:

Nice humblebrag 

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

Uh, we kinda did the same thing with Herman

As an outside observer, the Herman and Diaz thing don't seem even remotely similar.  At least, that's what most people outside College Stations and the Herman household think.   If you think otherwise and want to convince us UT is as shitty as The U, we're listening.  I probably wouldn't pull on thread too hard, just in case we're all wrong.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Past/Future history shows schools will no longer bother to offer... hence the Virginia and Duke options being his best options. I almost feel like he's just putting himself out there hoping a better option will see him available and swoop in to grab him. Clemson fans seen fine with him leaving. I don't think Duke is going to offer more than Virginia either so he's choosing between VA or tucking tail and going back to Clemson and risking his window passing him by.

adding: seeing more and more the issue(s) might be on UVA side in that they want to keep too much control or are dictating too many terms... same thing that apparently caused Poindexter to not take the job.

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut

4 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

We're hearing he did interview, and it didn't go well.  Chip is still the Vegas odds leader.  I still can't believe they would hire a guy who hates recruiting to coach a team that relies so heavily on recruiting.  Whatever.

spacer.png

I do know they are also definitely interview Justin Wilcox from Cal.

Oregon is one of the industry leaders in NIL. Phil Knight alone could contribute enough to make recruiting a breeze for any coach

6 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

I call BS on this entire twat it makes 0 sense unless Oregon is run by idiots 

Canzano has deep sources.  He's a legend for his reporting on the dysfunction of the Pac 12 offices and the failures of their former commissioner the past several years.

However, the line about Oregon having an issue with Chip's buyout at UCLA?  I find that puzzling.  I'd like to think that Uncle Phil just cuts a check for the buyout...or they take the buyout for Mario and just endorse it over to UCLA.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

3 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Past/Future history shows schools will no longer bother to offer... hence the Virginia and Duke options being his best options. I almost feel like he's just putting himself out there hoping a better option will see him available and swoop in to grab him. Clemson fans seen fine with him leaving. I don't think Duke is going to offer more than Virginia either so he's choosing between VA or tucking tail and going back to Clemson and risking his window passing him by.

adding: seeing more and more the issue(s) might be on UVA side in that they want to keep too much control or are dictating too many terms... same thing that apparently caused Poindexter to not take the job.

That tracks with Poindexter’s statement about it happening some day but the timing not being right. He stays at penn state, gets promoted to full DC and then gets to take the job at UVA next time around. How bad is the AD going to look when the former player, loved by the fans, Jersey retired, interview seems like a formality decides to say thanks but no thanks and stays put, and then the next guy no thanks. 

12 minutes ago, heso said:

That tracks with Poindexter’s statement about it happening some day but the timing not being right. He stays at penn state, gets promoted to full DC and then gets to take the job at UVA next time around. How bad is the AD going to look when the former player, loved by the fans, Jersey retired, interview seems like a formality decides to say thanks but no thanks and stays put, and then the next guy no thanks. 

also adding that Mendenhall stepped down out of the blue to "take a break".... definitely something going on at Virginia I think

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Canzano has deep sources.  He's a legend for his reporting on the dysfunction of the Pac 12 offices and the failures of their former commissioner the past several years.

However, the line about Oregon having an issue with Chip's buyout at UCLA?  I find that puzzling.  I'd like to think that Uncle Phil just cuts a check for the buyout...or they take the buyout for Mario and just endorse it over to UCLA.

Maybe UCLA will be willing to negotiate that down?  Paying a $9MM buyout for Chip Kelly version 2021 is insane.  Ain’t no Willie Lyles lurking in the bushes either.

Edited by SizzleChest

2 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Maybe UCLA will be willing to negotiate that down?  Paying a $9MM buyout for Chip Kelly version 2021 is insane.  Ain’t no Willie Lyles lurking in the bushes either.

UCLA will negotiate it down.  But not yet.  Force Oregon's hand and don't let Sexton control the negotiation.